Hip Hop is in a pretty Good place right now?

What is hip hop then and how is big sean not part of it when he raps on similar topics and concepts that artists have rapped about since it's inception? If your answer is different from the answer I usually receive that glorifies the 90's as the end all be all of real hip hop in terms of subject matter and style, I'll apologize for assuming. But for the most part when I hear things like that from people they'll usually list some song from the 90's while ignoring the roots of hip hop as party music.

Go tell Country fans that Taylor Swift had some great Country albums and see what they say. Also, tell some Rock fans that Coldplay is a great Rock band and see what they say. Same thing as saying Big Sean is Hip Hop.

Go tell Country fans that Taylor Swift had some great Country albums and see what they say. Also, tell some Rock fans that Coldplay is a great Rock band and see what they say. Same thing as saying Big Sean is Hip Hop.

Coldplay and Taylor swift are both genre blurring artists who mix and mash different genres and crossover. In fact Taylor Swift considered her last album to be a pop album not a country. Coldplay is similar in style to bands like Oasis or Radiohead where they're kinda indefinite on what genre they fall into. Coldplay being closer to prog rock or Indy Pop. If Big Sean were a crossover artist like them who blurred lines I'd accept that comparison, but he's not so as it is. It's a really weak and poor comparison.

So thus I'll stand by the previous statements.

In fact Taylor Swift considered her last album to be a pop album not a country. Coldplay is similar in style to bands like Oasis or Radiohead where they're kinda indefinite on what genre they fall into.

Go to a Country show and tell the people there that Taylor Swift was a great Country artist and see how many people laugh at you. Even go into your local Country bar and see what happens. Even the women will roast your ass out the place.

Taylor Swift, and her label and Billboard/Grammys, called her first four albums Country...they publicly came out and PURPOSEFULLY said her latest, 1989, was POP in order to get away from the "Country" title. No Country fans EVER considered her Country. Example stands, but you just choose to ignore it.

If you need a definition of Hip Hop and why Big Sean is not it, then there really is no point talking to you because you just don't get it. People really need to get off the internet and talk to live human beings for a change.

Last edited:
Go to a Country show and tell the people there that Taylor Swift was a great Country artist and see how many people laugh at you. Even go into your local Country bar and see what happens. Even the women will roast your ass out the place.

Taylor Swift, and her label and Billboard/Grammys, called her first four albums Country...they publicly came out and PURPOSEFULLY said her latest, 1989, was POP in order to get away from the "Country" title. No Country fans EVER considered her Country. Example stands, but you just choose to ignore it.

If you need a definition of Hip Hop and why Big Sean is not it, then there really is no point talking to you because you just don't get it. People really need to get off the internet and talk to live human beings for a change.

Yawn. It's the same lazy ass excuses I hear from Most "Hip Hop" fans. Also with the inability to read what was said. Nowhere was it stated that Taylor Swift was a great country artist. Merely that both Coldplay and Taylor Swift are Genre mashers. They sit on the edges of two or more genres. In regards to Taylor swift she sat on the fence between country and pop. With each subsequent album pushing her closer to mainstream pop, with her most recent album directly abandoning country.

And it's ok. If you can't come up with why Big SEAN isn't hip hop. I really wan't expecting an explanation anyway.

Yawn. It's the same lazy ass excuses I hear from Most "Hip Hop" fans. Also with the inability to read what was said. Nowhere was it stated that Taylor Swift was a great country artist. Merely that both Coldplay and Taylor Swift are Genre mashers. They sit on the edges of two or more genres. In regards to Taylor swift she sat on the fence between country and pop. With each subsequent album pushing her closer to mainstream pop, with her most recent album directly abandoning country.

And it's ok. If you can't come up with why Big SEAN isn't hip hop. I really wan't expecting an explanation anyway.

I don't need to explain anything.

You don't get it.

End of discussion.

Play on.

Back