Here is how to come up as a rap producer! (Indie to Radio)

Desire Inspires

Down in ATL, they get it poppin' in the strip club.

Take your songs to the strip club. Not beats, but songs. Find some young hungry artists trying to come up and that are into the life. Once it pops in the strip club, it goes to the regular club, then the radio, and then on TV.

You are supposed to make music for the women, not for the dudes. No more messing around.

ATL has been breaking records this way for over a decade so you are late with this advice. This only works for records with the obvious focus on strip clubs and the culture around it but for all else outside of that this is bad advice.

So that is the formula. If you can roll with it, do it. If not, just come up with your own formula. But the proof is there that a major label is not needed to get songs on the radio. Go major once your independent grind needs more money and more personnel to sustain itself.

This is kinda like saying if you want to make it to the NBA all you have to do is get on a high school team, then get on a college team that gets it poppin, then you'll get noticed by the NBA and get drafted.

Or...

If you want to get rich then invest all of your McDonalds hourly pay on some stocks that get it poppin, then in a short amount of time those stocks are gonna blow up and you'll cash out like Bill Gates.

Practical advice, non-practical application.

This is kinda like saying if you want to make it to the NBA all you have to do is get on a high school team, then get on a college team that gets it poppin, then you'll get noticed by the NBA and get drafted.

Or...

If you want to get rich then invest all of your McDonalds hourly pay on some stocks that get it poppin, then in a short amount of time those stocks are gonna blow up and you'll cash out like Bill Gates.

Practical advice, non-practical application.

Don't get mad at me because you can't make it work.

I just posted a video of people doing it. If you still want to doubt, go ahead. But the proof is right there. This video is meant for younger people still out there grinding and working to come up. The young guys have all the opportunities to pop off if they hustle and work.

Some of the older cats with responsibilities will not be able to go this route. They will have to do something else.

Definitely one of the possible resources that cats can tap into...

On the same tip tho its not for everybody....

You gotta be ready...and be prepared to go to places where a lot of cats are scared to go...

Don't get mad at me because you can't make it work.

I just posted a video of people doing it. If you still want to doubt, go ahead. But the proof is right there. This video is meant for younger people still out there grinding and working to come up. The young guys have all the opportunities to pop off if they hustle and work.

Some of the older cats with responsibilities will not be able to go this route. They will have to do something else.

Lol, nah this is some dumb advice. Sure, it worked for them, no doubt on that, but this is literally one cherry-picked way of how a producer from Atlanta came up.

The hilarious part too is the guy in the video's thumbnail didn't even come up that way.

Different things work for different people dude. Different times, different money situations, different connections, different cities. This is cool, and honestly it is really inspiring to me especially since some of my favourite producers of all time are in that vid, but this isn't "how to come up as a rap producer".

Lol, nah this is some dumb advice. Sure, it worked for them, no doubt on that, but this is literally one cherry-picked way of how a producer from Atlanta came up.

The hilarious part too is the guy in the video's thumbnail didn't even come up that way.

Different things work for different people dude. Different times, different money situations, different connections, different cities. This is cool, and honestly it is really inspiring to me especially since some of my favourite producers of all time are in that vid, but this isn't "how to come up as a rap producer".

Well then you can come up with your own way.

People always gotta hate and put somebody down. I gave one formula to help people out and dudes is acting like I said this is the only way to do it. If you know better, do better. If not, sit back and soak up the game. People always complaining and whining about advice.

Forget it. Don't listen to me. Do the opposite of what I say. I said zig so you should zag. You obviously already came up as a rap producer, so share your stories. SMH.

Last edited:
If you want to make it in the NBA and get a multi-million dollar contract then you have to drop out of High School early, go play professionally in Italy for a year, beef with your coach until you get benched, come back to the US the following year and then you'll be a rich baller. It worked for Brandon Jennings, so don't get mad at me if you can't make it in the NBA! I want to hear YOUR stories about how you made millions in the NBA since you disagree with my advice!

two beaten paths are never the same

everybody has there own way

if there was a "cookie cutter" path to success, success wouldn't mean a damn thing because everybody would "make it"

however these stories are always inspiring

I didn't know dudes were that scared to go to the strip club. I thought most dudes here hit up them joints on a regular basis. Oh well.

Back