Happy 44th Anniversary of the Birth of hip hop

Epsilon-144

Musician and Producer
Happy 44th Anniversary to the Birth of Hip Hop

Google tells me it's the 44th birthday of Hip Hop...

So, who's got the cake?

Last edited:
ha, they worded it "The 44th anniversary of the birth of hip hop" ...isn't the 44th anniversary of a birth just called...the 44th birthday? Can a style of music have a birthday or are birthdays only for living things?

...google, man. I think that they think too much.

Last edited:
@Epsilon-144 the thing with Hip Hop is that Herc was credited as the first regarding Hip Hop as his parties (which his sister initially threw) which took place at 1520 Sedgwick Avenue, are why people say and have said it started in the South Bronx but the reality is Hip Hop existed throughout NYC before there was a name for the culture surrounding it.

ah okay. I didn't read the story or anything (well i did now). thanks for filling in...its been a long time, damn!

I don't consider myself an authority on Hip Hop but I get a rush from knowing the truth about how any music genre(s) began. I suggest you YouTube "Founding Fathers" narrated by Chuck D.

ya, ...I guess you care about the genre, which is cool! I was the same way with original dub/reggae influenced dubstep. There were a lot of myths but I always felt good knowing where it really came from, etc.

That's cool! Looks like Hip Hop has a good heritage, and it's a really cool style of music.

Last edited:
Back