• "Keep Ya Head Up" D.J. Daryl by Tupac

Votes: 35 8.6%
  • "Let Me Ride" Dr. Dre by Dr. Dre

Votes: 77 19.0%
  • "Dead Presidents II" Ski by Jay-Z

Votes: 82 20.2%
  • "T.R.O.Y." Pete Rock by Pete Rock and CL Smooth

Votes: 103 25.4%
  • "Kick In The Door" D.J. Premier by The Notorious B.I.G.

Votes: 34 8.4%
  • "Dreams" Kanye West by Game

Votes: 59 14.6%
  • "Triumph" RZA by Wu-Tang Clan

Votes: 41 10.1%
  • "Louder" Alchemist by Big Noyd and Prodigy

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • "Be There"(New) Havoc by Havoc

Votes: 11 2.7%
  • "The Crossroads" D.J. Unik by Bone Thugs n Harmony

Votes: 37 9.1%
  • "You Don't Know" Just Blaze by Jay-Z

Votes: 43 10.6%
  • "Throw Your Handz In The Air" Kanye West by Prodigy

Votes: 13 3.2%
  • "Uzi (Pinky Ring)" RZA by Wu-Tang Clan

Votes: 20 4.9%
  • "Dead Bodies" Alchemist by The Game and Prodigy

Votes: 9 2.2%
  • "Nas is Like" D.J. Premier by Nas

Votes: 89 22.0%

• Total voters
Slow_Down said:
TROY.... some other favorites -
"Critical Beatdown" - Ultramagnetic MCs
"The Light" - Common
"Luchini" - Camp Lo
"Sweetest Language" - 9th Wonder
"Through the Wire" - Kanye West
"**** The Police" - Dilla
"BYS" - Gangstarr

A lot more...

damn. i can listen to Sweetest Language instrumental all day. 9th is a beast wit tha sample choppin

my two favorite beats as of right now are:

"the people" by common (kayne)
and
"cold steel" by phat kat (dilla)

kcsherrell@mac.com said:
(SKEE-LO)is his Name & (I WISH) Is the name of that Joint you talkin' about (Oh' and its 20 Inch Blades on the Impala! LOL, cant believe I remember that sh!t!)

PEACE

Thanks bro. Ive been looking for the that for such a long time.

See you at the Crossroads, Crossroads
So you won't be lonely.

Best song ever made.

T.R.O.Y. & GOTCHA OPEN BLACK MOON!

http://www.starterbeatz.com
animated.gif

http://www.starterbeatz.com
staret.gif

Fav beat?!!! thats too hard to narrow down to just one. Here's my favs

"The light" by common- dilla + common= masterpiece
"Nuthin but a g thang"- everytime i hear it, i have to stop(anything off the Chronic really)
"peter piper"-run dmc- classic and simple
"shook ones pt. 2" and "quiet storm"- the grimiest beats EVER
"dollars and sense"- dj quik- those drums KNOCK.
"The formula"-the D.O.C.- beautiful sample by dre
"Blowjob Betty"-too short- ant banks' 808 is AMAZING!
"Playas Anthem"-junior mafia- the baseline is magnificent
"paid in full"- eric b. and rakim- i could vibe to this track all day
"T.R.OY"- near perfect song

i honestly kant narrow it down too many...we're gonna b here for a while lol
[[not in order]]

shook ones pt2, hell on earth, eye for an eye, give up the goods, more trife life- mobb deep
mathematics-mos def
dead presidents, d'evils- jayz
ice cream, incarcerated scarfaces, north star(jewels), wu-gambinos -raekwon
daytona 500, all that i got is you, mighty healthy, 260, milk em, the champ, iron maiden - ghostface killah
fed up with tha bullsh*t, 8 is enuff, street stuck, devil's son, platinum plus- big l
beware, super lyrical, tres leches - big pun
protect ya neck, c.r.e.a.m., bring da ruckus, triumph, the city-wu-tang clan
you're da man, it aint hard to tell, the world is yours, n.y. state of mind, nas is like- nas
full clip-gangstarr
my world, breathe, worst enemy-tech n9ne
real talk-trae
uncommon valor, deer hunter-jedi mind tricks
cross that line-rick ross
b.o.b., the whole world, skew it on the bar b-outkast
chains-r.a. the rugged man

im still missin sooooo many

Last edited by a moderator:
these are some of my favorite beats:

The Show - Talib Kweli & Madlib
93 Till' Infinity - Souls of Mischief
I got cha opin - Black Moon
Who's This - Phi-Life Cypher
C.I.A. is trying to kill me - Non Phixion
Rich Man Poor Man - La Coka Nostra

and many others but... i guess those are the best... :)

lol@ no one from the south on here shame on u...the south got it locked on the beats..everybody knows this....but that bone thugs was it for me ...when i first heard that intro sound i squeaked like a lil school girl.....u forgot dead prez- hip hop...nothing like it ull never hear a song put together that well with a sub that low.......i picked triumph too im not a big fan of up north beats but that one is classic
...but i gotta go with 2pac-ambitionz az a ridah as my all-time favorite never gets old to me

from the south its rick ross-hustling this beat had enough drama in it to make u cry

Last edited:
If you feel the South has been neglected, you might have to rethink about the history bruh. The best can be best judged by time, and if your judgement can only relate to the last few years... then you might want to dig a little deeper.

The South has been around for a good minute... ask Uncle Luke, Two Live, Gucci Crew, Shy D, etc... about that. Now, what you cats deem as "Dirty South"... is a toddler at least, with mad room to keep growing.
I remember how long joints like 'Throw that D','Hey we want some p*ssy' or 'Me so horny' claimed the clubs and charts... worldwide and last time I checked... "Miami Bass" or "Ghetto Style Dj's" didn't claim the East or West Coast... nor did they try to sound like them.
Some of you cats need to invest a little time into the history, instead of just investing in the here and now... or, just talk to an old dude (like myself and countless others) and ask some real questions.
Most of this stuff you know, but have forgotten.
That's why this list... for the most part is garbage.

I'm not even into what the average cat deem as "Dirty South" music... I'm a Dj that has had the fortune and misfortune to be around it's various stages of developement to be supportive and critical.

Last edited:
Mteezy said:
This poll has to be done over. You dont even have Mobb Deep "Shook Ones". C'mon now.

... and no RunDMC or Grandmaster Flash... this fight is fixed.

(How hard did 'Gucci Time' by Schooly D hit or 'Planet Rock' or 'Push the Button'... the joints that locked the seasons down. Most on this list... a month maybe, with the exception of a few)

Last edited:
"Nas"-{ got ur self a gun} Hands down is 1 of tha sickest beats I ever heard

MADMIXA the DJ said:
If you feel the South has been neglected, you might have to rethink about the history bruh. The best can be best judged by time, and if your judgement can only relate to the last few years... then you might want to dig a little deeper.

The South has been around for a good minute... ask Uncle Luke, Two Live, Gucci Crew, Shy D, etc... about that. Now, what you cats deem as "Dirty South"... is a toddler at least, with mad room to keep growing.
I remember how long joints like 'Throw that D','Hey we want some p*ssy' or 'Me so horny' claimed the clubs and charts... worldwide and last time I checked... "Miami Bass" or "Ghetto Style Dj's" didn't claim the East or West Coast... nor did they try to sound like them.
Some of you cats need to invest a little time into the history, instead of just investing in the here and now... or, just talk to an old dude (like myself and countless others) and ask some real questions.
Most of this stuff you know, but have forgotten.
That's why this list... for the most part is garbage.

I'm not even into what the average cat deem as "Dirty South" music... I'm a Dj that has had the fortune and misfortune to be around it's various stages of developement to be supportive and critical.

nah i remember the uncle luke days and the 69 boys and 95 south...but they actually have genre for the "booty music" or "old school" i dont really remember but that music was for dancing purposes only...if u compare those song with the songs listed on the list those booty songs were wayy before most of the songs listed.....looks like u failed to do ur research on the topic....most of these beats are like the mid 90s and up...i know for a fact luke's prime was in the early 90's dr dre even dissed him...."tootsie roll" "cabbage patch" "tag team-whoop there it is" i remeber all of those growing up in florida

RodneyRuger said:
nah i remember the uncle luke days and the 69 boys and 95 south...but they actually have genre for the "booty music" or "old school" i dont really remember but that music was for dancing purposes only...if u compare those song with the songs listed on the list those booty songs were wayy before most of the songs listed.....looks like u failed to do ur research on the topic....most of these beats are like the mid 90s and up...i know for a fact luke's prime was in the early 90's dr dre even dissed him...."tootsie roll" "cabbage patch" "tag team-whoop there it is" i remeber all of those growing up in florida
Aye bruh... you just might want to recheck yourself. The 2 Live Crew, Gucci Crew, Shy D were mid and late 80's all day long(I was spinning their joints at the parties and in the clubs). They were on MTV, in the news, in the clubs, in the streets... long before titles like "Dirty South" or "Booty Music" even popped up(I remember even them even calling their music "a parody"... like what Weird Al Yankovich was doing at the time... in the 80's.
I tell you what... you google Two Live Crew's-'Throw that D' and post the date of it's release(I have the wax right here)... then you check into the legal issue regarding being banned and "the freedom of speech" lawsuit that they had to go through(that's when folks really started taking notice... that was in the 90's).

"Lukes days"... as you call it... didn't have groups like the 69 Boys or Tag team on the scene. Luke and 2 Live... came out of that same formula and time era... that is considered, handsdown, the best decade of hiphop... the 80's. If you think that you're going to make a list "of the best" and not include or mention the groups and artist of "the best decade in hiphop"... then you're either trying to lie to yourself or you just don't know.

Hell, I considered myself a hardcore fan of (classic)East Coast hiphop... but, I won't front about the facts... regardless how I personally feel about a particular group or artist. Their album sales(2 Live Crew) spoke for themselves too... check that out... crazy numbers for that time! You can even ask some of these "hiphop purist" about this.

Oh as far as his/their prime went... you might want to remember a little further back to when Vanilla Ice tried to claim that he grew up with Luke or when Kid N Play/Salt n Pepa tried to talk sideways... a few years before NWA(without ICECUBE) started dissing. Go check that out... then try to bring me up to speed.(get your kids out of the street, I'm driving drunk and smashing fools):D

Last edited:
Back