FP's Current Talent Level... wtf?

While I can agree at a certain level, most people that are really active and posting constantly and asking questions would be fairly new to producing I would assume. Which would be the reasoning behind the lacking music. But hey, everyone has to start somewhere right?

And also, truthfully it really is a popularity contest for the most part on these forums. There are some that listen to your music and really give you great feedback and try to help, the rest just care about when 2 Chainz and Lex Luger are going to collab or where to get the best free trap 808 kits at lol.

I don't post much because there's just always some bullshit going on in most sections apart from the Flip This and most of the Digging sections. Tutorials have turned into how to recreate the latest hit pop song, and the showcase is basically a spam forum where unless you let everyone know you'll give them feedback on their latest track they don't want to listen to yours. I still pop-in here every few days and still post my music in the showcase section but that's really about it.

And damn, my post sounds like I hate this forum LMAO! Don't take it the wrong way, I learned TONS from this place and will be forever grateful! :victory:

A nugget of advice... damn near 80% of your life is a popularity contest.

From the job you work, to the beats you sell... to the Presidency of the United States.

Be as popular as you can. There are genuinely nice popular people... and there are a lot of a holes.

Kanye is popular, 50 Cent is popular... buttholes to most.

Barack Obama is popular, Oprah is popular... great humanitarians to most

Be cut throat if you're going to be in a business like the music business because !!!

Nice guys finish last if they always put others first.

Last edited:
A nugget of advice... damn near 80% of your life is a popularity contest.

From the job you work, to the beats you sell... to the Presidency of the United States.

Be as popular as you can. There are genuinely nice popular people... and there are a lot of a holes.

Kanye is popular, 50 Cent is popular... buttholes to most.

Barack Obama is popular, Oprah is popular... great humanitarians to most

Be cut throat if you're going to be in a business like the music business because !!!

Nice guys finish last if they always put others first.

good advice rome, same with women, those ******* rather stay with mother****ers who smack them upside down than stay with a nice guy, hoes wanna be smacked ? wanna be dominated ? hell, if you askin for it i can provide hoe

Honestly it sounds like a great idea to keep a thread going where people are rated, almost like a contest but completely for "bragging rights" so to speak. Rules are you can only enter one piece of music per week, and the only people that can really be judges would be renowned fp producers, or people that have enough respect throughout fp.. I get how some people might think that it's a "wack" idea because of the competitive nature, but honestly it would be a very interesting thing to happen to this site, (not saying that it does not already have interesting qualities) or any site for that matter. I say we push this idea people. It can be very innovative and very productive. Not to mention the fact that it could bring out a lot of underrated producers.

good advice rome, same with women, those ******* rather stay with mother****ers who smack them upside down than stay with a nice guy, hoes wanna be smacked ? wanna be dominated ? hell, if you askin for it i can provide hoe

Nice guys are no challenge to them. They see a nice guy as being weak. You don't have to hit them or call them names... just be consistent and stern. They'll try you on certain levels. They want to see what your weaknesses are...

If you ever let a woman punk you... she'll grow a dyck in a few months and the dude will grow man boobs.

I was at a party one time and there were women there and the woman of the house was strong willed. Her husband was going to drive us to a local bar to get away from the women. He phucked up and didn't have his own whip. So he grabbed her keys and we all jumped up and were headed to the car. It seemed like she waited until we got outside and probably told the women "Watch this..." then she came outside and said "Where do you think you're going, bring my damn keys back!"... it sounded like she was talking to a 2 year old, lol. I felt bad for him so I drove.

Never put yourself in a situation where the woman has the upper hand.

... if you can help it.

The best thing you can do to a woman is be nice to her and don't be all clingy and shit. If a woman thinks you don't have anything to do or anywhere to go... she'll start treating you like one of the girls. Have yourself some business or just leave to get away from her azz for a few hours every now and then. Don't sit up under your woman.

... and buy flowers and ish, a WHOLE BUNCHA niggaz don't know how much payback a $10 bouquet of flowers will get them, lol.

Learn to say retarded ish too. You might laugh on the inside but don't laugh on the outside. Say shit you hear in old slow jams but act like you made it up and then hand over the flowers.

Don't plan to go out to eat either, just be out and just take her to a nice restaurant or something. Women like surprises. If you tell them you're going out, they'll be expecting it. If they see you pick up some flowers it won't meah sheeat.

^^^^ ... you have to do that ish kind of often... AND you have to watch some sappy ass movies and not complain.

I don't know where I'm going with this, lol.

Last edited:
^^^Wait to get married (live with baby mamma etc). Enjoy your youth.

Bandcoach made some nice suggestions on rating people's stuff about 7 pages back. I'm down.

Added:I went back and copied it, dig:

I'm happy to sort something out if folks want me to - it just takes some time and some support from everyone.

Step 1:

Nominate your preferred judges by username only in a PM to me, 3 should do it; seems to be a good way of stopping folks from getting antsy or even just plain rude about the nominations......

Step 2

If you are nominated, I'll get to you once I have a list of names and tally of the votes; you will then be asked if you are interested in participating. I will move down the list if I get a negative response

Step 3

I'll get the nominating thread (where you submit your best shot for consideration) setup for the selected judges

Step 4:

I'll coordinate the final FP's-Got-Talent thread with the admins/mods. It will be in the Showcase area. If it is not started by me or a mod, it is not the real deal.......

Timeline

Step 1: Now until 9 Sept at Midnight in Pago Pago following the timezone table below
LocationLocal timeTime zoneUTC offset
Pago Pago (American Samoa)Midnight between Sunday, 9 September 2012 and Monday, 10 September 2012SSTUTC-11 hours
Sydney (Australia - New South Wales)Monday, 10 September 2012 at 9:00:00 PMESTUTC+10 hours
Kiritimati (Kiribati - Christmas Island)Tuesday, 11 September 2012 at 1:00:00 AMLINTUTC+14 hours
London (United Kingdom - England)Monday, 10 September 2012 at 12:00:00 NoonBSTUTC+1 hour
Los Angeles (U.S.A. - California)Monday, 10 September 2012 at 4:00:00 AMPDTUTC-7 hours
New York (U.S.A. - New York)Monday, 10 September 2012 at 7:00:00 AMEDTUTC-4 hours
Chicago (U.S.A. - Illinois)Monday, 10 September 2012 at 6:00:00 AMCDTUTC-5 hours
Rome (Italy)Monday, 10 September 2012 at 1:00:00 PMCESTUTC+2 hours

Corresponding UTC (GMT) Monday, 10 September 2012 at 11:00:00

Step 2: 10-12 Sept

Step 3: Opening on 13 Sept......

Step 4: Opening on 14 Sept.......

Last edited:
Honestly it sounds like a great idea to keep a thread going where people are rated, almost like a contest but completely for "bragging rights" so to speak. Rules are you can only enter one piece of music per week, and the only people that can really be judges would be renowned fp producers, or people that have enough respect throughout fp.. I get how some people might think that it's a "wack" idea because of the competitive nature, but honestly it would be a very interesting thing to happen to this site, (not saying that it does not already have interesting qualities) or any site for that matter. I say we push this idea people. It can be very innovative and very productive. Not to mention the fact that it could bring out a lot of underrated producers.

It is a good idea. It should be for bragging rights... but the people that don't make it to be featured would just stalk the people that do.

Congratulations is not a word that exists in the Hip Hop genre. People put up that they got featured on PMP or made the Soundclick top 10 and what do that get.... not congratulations - they get "You care about that?"... followed by a lot of debate about nothing.

problem with the whole flower thing is this, you givin her flowers, buy her fancy shit, she think you tryna impress her, like you wanna better your chances at gettin layd so she thinks she's in control, you don't gotta earn her approval u kno, it needs to be there from the start, you gotta think ''im the man these hoes want'' dudes need to stop puttin women on a podium, pussy is like a golden medaille, but you gotta act like its bronze, i like your way of thinkin rome

problem with the whole flower thing is this, you givin her flowers, buy her fancy shit, she think you tryna impress her, like you wanna better your chances at gettin layd so she thinks she's in control, you don't gotta earn her approval u kno, it needs to be there from the start, you gotta think ''im the man these hoes want'' dudes need to stop puttin women on a podium, pussy is like a golden medaille, but you gotta act like its bronze, i like your way of thinkin rome

Thanks!

... you do all of that after you get the ass though, lol.

I told my wife I was broke for the first six months I met her just to see if she would keep eating cheap pizza with me. She did so she became the ONE!

... the ones that expected to be wined and dined got the boot.

I used to meet chicks and ALWAYS tell them that they had to pay the first time... on some "something came up, I got the next one though"... depending on their reaction... it set the tone of the relationship. A chick that won't pay the first time will bail out on you when the going gets rough.

I'm going to write a Steve Harvey type book...

Last edited:
^^^Wait to get married (live with baby mamma etc). Enjoy your youth.

Bandcoach made some nice suggestions on rating people's stuff about 7 pages back. I'm down.

Added:I went back and copied it, dig:

I'm happy to sort something out if folks want me to - it just takes some time and some support from everyone.

Step 1:

Nominate your preferred judges by username only in a PM to me, 3 should do it; seems to be a good way of stopping folks from getting antsy or even just plain rude about the nominations......

Step 2

If you are nominated, I'll get to you once I have a list of names and tally of the votes; you will then be asked if you are interested in participating. I will move down the list if I get a negative response

Step 3

I'll get the nominating thread (where you submit your best shot for consideration) setup for the selected judges

Step 4:

I'll coordinate the final FP's-Got-Talent thread with the admins/mods. It will be in the Showcase area. If it is not started by me or a mod, it is not the real deal.......

Timeline

Step 1: Now until 9 Sept at Midnight in Pago Pago following the timezone table below
LocationLocal timeTime zoneUTC offset
Pago Pago (American Samoa)Midnight between Sunday, 9 September 2012 and Monday, 10 September 2012SSTUTC-11 hours
Sydney (Australia - New South Wales)Monday, 10 September 2012 at 9:00:00 PMESTUTC+10 hours
Kiritimati (Kiribati - Christmas Island)Tuesday, 11 September 2012 at 1:00:00 AMLINTUTC+14 hours
London (United Kingdom - England)Monday, 10 September 2012 at 12:00:00 NoonBSTUTC+1 hour
Los Angeles (U.S.A. - California)Monday, 10 September 2012 at 4:00:00 AMPDTUTC-7 hours
New York (U.S.A. - New York)Monday, 10 September 2012 at 7:00:00 AMEDTUTC-4 hours
Chicago (U.S.A. - Illinois)Monday, 10 September 2012 at 6:00:00 AMCDTUTC-5 hours
Rome (Italy)Monday, 10 September 2012 at 1:00:00 PMCESTUTC+2 hours

Corresponding UTC (GMT) Monday, 10 September 2012 at 11:00:00

Step 2: 10-12 Sept

Step 3: Opening on 13 Sept......

Step 4: Opening on 14 Sept.......

this ain't feel right without simon

You know what man you are right. There's too many unmotivated and disrespectful people in this new generation that have no idea what it takes to actually achieve something even remotely close to their goals. It's a sad sad age.. I still say that there has to be a way.. Haha.

You know what man you are right. There's too many unmotivated and disrespectful people in this new generation that have no idea what it takes to actually achieve something even remotely close to their goals. It's a sad sad age.. I still say that there has to be a way.. Haha.

Believe it or not... at one time FP members wanted other FP members to succeed so they all could use each other as a network.

... then it became every man for himself. It's still that way now mostly.

Believe it or not... at one time FP members wanted other FP members to succeed so they all could use each other as a network.

... then it became every man for himself. It's still that way now mostly.

Thats tragic. Where'd the love go?

Out the window with placement money I guess...

All it takes is a handful of people to be motivated enough to change it.. Especially if we had mod support.

Thats tragic. Where'd the love go?

Out the window with placement money I guess...
I think the luv is still around, a diff vibe in the "knowledge" sections of the site. Cats will help u, unless you're asking a dumb question that can be found in the stickies.

---------- Post added at 11:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 PM ----------

yeah, there's about 35 republican users on this forum....all created by the same person tho

don't ask...long story
man i'm not going to trust any new user without beats (engineer or A&R skills) for while. Kinda miss James, he would go loco on the e-beef thing but at least he made beats.

yall see clinton spittin game a few minutes ago? he killed his speech lol made romney look foolish. I was just saying that cause rome was like "every man for himself" saw the opportunity so i took it haha

I support ya'll, I just bought somebodies tape from Bandcamp even though I pay a monthly Spotify subscription. Good Guy Loftee meme please :P.

Back