fcuk the streets

Titan213

There is a hella difference between rapping over a track and talking over a track and that clown talks, beats are ok yeh, but there aint no way he got flow, anyone who can rhyme the last two words of a sentence together can do that ...., im appauled thats hes even being mentioned on this site, when i get my .... together, im going after him, that aint right that he's signed, call me a hater if u want, i am, but i know peeps from the uk who shouldve been acknowleged way him.

IF U WANT REAL UK HIP HOP, THEN CHECK OUT TAZ AND KLASHNEKOFF, WORD UP

ALSO DOMINION BEATZ FROM B'HAM, KIDANIME'S MY BOY

Holla back

his stuff is different that's why he's so popular IMO...

ty and roots manuva are miles ahead of him however..

infradead said:
ty and roots manuva are miles ahead of him however..

Oh of course, but regardless Mike skinners stuff, is cool no doubt

When was the last time you heard The Streets say he was hip-hop? I don't ever recall him saying that.

He's not hip-hop and he doesn't try to be either. The only people who label him as hip-hop are those people who know nothing about hip-hop, and what do they know? Nothing. Exactly.

I'm not a huge fan of his, but he makes some good music. It's interesting, its a bit different.

Streets has mass appeal.
Klashnekoff's record label could do more on his promotion.

yeh mass appeal within the pop charts and first off i was havin a go to whoever mentioned him in this forum first coz im keepin his name out my mouth and dialogue whenever and wherever possible.

Yeh klashnekoffs label should be handling their business better, i work in hmv and have tried ordering numerous copies of the album and theyre always out of stock. The streets (NOT MIKE SKINNER AND HIS PUNK ASS, im talkin bout the gutter) have spoken and they want klashnekoff and the pop charts have spoken and they want the streets

whoever said i dunno nuttin bout hip hop can straight suck my ****, been livin this .... for over 10 years, u may have been livin it longer but sayin i dont know nuttin is just plain ignorant

Holla back

This is a great thread!

I have looked on at the streets with some consternation myself.

The fact that he sometimes gets critical praise is what upsets me. I expect undue attention in the pop charts but when he gets dap elsewhere that's strange.

Usually it's writers from street press magazines desperate to find an angle for "alternative, worthwhile hip hop". They figure that because he's a tiny little white gentleman who can't nail 16 bars that he fits the bill perfectly. The wandering narratives he's on about are like glue to these sort of jock-riding reporters.

I feel sorry for a lot of these super-talented U.K. emcees who lose a share of production resources to this fellow for whatever reason.

Yo, what the hell do Streets be talking about? His accent, is that considered cockney? I can't undersand none of that shyte, so I can't tell if its hot or not.

Ikemurda said:
Yo, what the hell do Streets be talking about? His accent, is that considered cockney? I can't undersand none of that shyte, so I can't tell if its hot or not.

He's trying to use a cockney accent despite being from Birmingham, a city which has a completely different accent to London.

Keyword: trying.

YoungHové said:
He's trying to use a cockney accent despite being from Birmingham, a city which has a completely different accent to London.

There's a lot of people over there who seem to spit fire.......

A lot of U.K. emcees come to Australia. They are very popular over here. We get Taskforce, Rodney P etc.

Taskforce did a few radio freestyles while here. They tore it up nicely, even though I had thought they were known more for writing well. I s'pose if you're skilled you're skilled.

Ikemurda said:
I can't undersand none of that shyte, so I can't tell if its hot or not.

It's not hot. It's the type of wishy-washy shyt that the Wallpaper crowd loves. Trust me, you're in luck not getting it.

He gets enormous dap from magazines like "Arena" and "The Face". I know to Hip Hop listeners this is of no consequence, but whenever I pick up one of those publications I always get upset about the way the reader gets a bumsteer about what's good to listen to in the rap field.......

You either love the music or hate it. That seems to be the general consensus where ever I am in the country.

Holla Titan 213! IF U WANT REAL UK HIP HOP, THEN CHECK OUT TAZ AND KLASHNEKOFF, WORD UP

All real Uk hiphop heads feel the same way.

JENRE I think u said that the streets dont call themselves hiphop, well the Uk media does. So what the Uk media says is what the rest of the media around the world hear. And what the rest of the world hear through the media, is what they are led to believe.
I'm not blaming Skinner directly (thats if he doesn't call his issh hiphop), cos some of his stuff is alright.

The point is as MARK DBX pointed out their are so many dudes that can spit,and make tracks, bin spittin n making tracks for so long, and building this Uk hiphop name for so long. But dont get no recognition.

Along comes a so-solid,dizze,skinner and the Uk media calls it Uk hiphop. Just cos they're POPular (Top40) I could stress this issue all day..

Oh yeah MARK good looking Chester P of Taskforce used to beat all freestyle contenders down at subterania back in the mid 90's...and maybe b4 my time.

Well I'm into UK hip-hop a lot. In fact thats nearly all I buy anymore. And I know how the scene is moving and whats happening. I know this.

But I'm not blaming The Streets for any of it, it's been like this way before he came around and he hasn't made it any worse at all.

Titan213 said:
There is a hella difference between rapping over a track and talking over a track and that clown talks, beats are ok yeh, but there aint no way he got flow, anyone who can rhyme the last two words of a sentence together can do that ...., im appauled thats hes even being mentioned on this site, when i get my .... together, im going after him, that aint right that he's signed, call me a hater if u want, i am, but i know peeps from the uk who shouldve been acknowleged way him.

IF U WANT REAL UK HIP HOP, THEN CHECK OUT TAZ AND KLASHNEKOFF, WORD UP

ALSO DOMINION BEATZ FROM B'HAM, KIDANIME'S MY BOY

Holla back

Who are you talking about again???

Back