F@!# Your Mixtape

Yup.. most of what he saying is true. I tell artist this quite often. I find that a lot of artist just don't know any better.. they just copy what they see everyone else do. Gotta build value to yourself in anything that you do and thats by standing out!

I disagree. This guy sounds out of the loop to me. People always want to hear new mixtapes.

He made a few valid points that if no one is listening to your individual tracks, why would they all of a sudden wanna listen to your entire mixtape. Take Datpiff.com for example. There are literally thousands of unknown artists with mixtapes. I only download the artists I am familiar with. He says it's the easy lazy way and that nothing still replaces good old fashioned hard work of dropping single after single and I tend to agree.

Last edited:
He made a few valid points that if no one is listening to your individual tracks, why would they all of a sudden wanna listen to your entire mixtape. Take Datpiff.com for example. There are literally thousands of unknown artists with mixtapes. I only download the artists I am familiar with. He says it's the easy lazy way and that nothing still replaces good old fashioned hard work of dropping single after single and I tend to agree.

Whether single or mixtape. The quality of the music has to be top notch. If it is it will get the attention it deserves from the people that matter.

Back