Everyone is jacking Wondagurl beats and Dark Trap is gettin played out

gescajadillo

seems everyone wants to do slow tempo over distorted 808 songs. Every one seems to copy whats on the drake and big sean album. just dark trap beats. its gonna be done in a year or two.

I'd say Drake is my favorite rapper. But I think eventually he is going to fall off because of the beats he picks. He could honestly rap w/o a beat and be just as entertaining. The beats he is picking now are just background noise beds. Eventually people will grow tired of that sound.

Man, people love complaining about stuff. Just enjoy the sound and have fun. Why is everybody sitting around waiting for a sound to get played out and artists to become unpopular? The fans are like the plague. They hop on one trend, love it, hate it, grow indifferent, and then move on to the next thing.

Man, people love complaining about stuff. Just enjoy the sound and have fun. Why is everybody sitting around waiting for a sound to get played out and artists to become unpopular? The fans are like the plague. They hop on one trend, love it, hate it, grow indifferent, and then move on to the next thing.

Unless you are and have been hiding under a rock, popular culture, which is what music falls under, has always been this way. Neither Drake nor his contemporaries speak to and for me.

OP please realize that there isn't a producer past and present whose sound hasn't been jacked. It's the ages-old lemming effect.

I'd say Drake is my favorite rapper. But I think eventually he is going to fall off because of the beats he picks. He could honestly rap w/o a beat and be just as entertaining. The beats he is picking now are just background noise beds. Eventually people will grow tired of that sound.

I hope you're kidding, mate.

seems everyone wants to do slow tempo over distorted 808 songs. Every one seems to copy whats on the drake and big sean album. just dark trap beats. its gonna be done in a year or two.

If you're talking about Drake's new tape, there's one WG beat on there lol. And sorry man but you couldn't be more wrong. It's not gonna be 'done' in a year or two, it's just going to evolve into something different and as a result sound different.

If you're talking about Drake's new tape, there's one WG beat on there lol. And sorry man but you couldn't be more wrong. It's not gonna be 'done' in a year or two, it's just going to evolve into something different and as a result sound different.

Like music? These midi musicians really think they're doing something.

Yeah, it's a fad, it will be done in a year or two...That's the same thing they said about the south, in 1999 lol. It's also the same thing they said about trap in general...in 2009.

What makes you guys think Wondagurl(sp?) invented that sound?

It's been around since like 2005. Earlier than that, we had Texas stuff that is arguably the same style tweaked a little. Even Drake pays homage to the sound's originators.

Last edited:
its hard for me to take post like these serious

just because its one of those opinion type post that never really end but just become a continuation of another topic in some fom or another

then also its hard to say its taking wondergurl sound because ppl could easily say her style was bitten from the weeknds producer or 40 even

and ppl gone say that thry bit their style from someone as well

and in part we all bite a little in some aspect or another

Back