"Empire" TV Show - anyone into it?

I hear it's great. TV shows have improved a great deal over the last 10 years. I'll eventually watch it. My schedule is tight between working, being a parent and writing scripts in my spare time. I just finished watching a few epsiodes of AAron McGruder(Boondock's creator) latest show;Black Jesus.

Featuring Terrence Howard and Taraji P. Henson, and Timbaland as executive music producer.

I'm not the biggest Terrence Howard fan even though I loved him in Hustle and Flow. I like Taraj P Henson though. I heard Wesley Snipes was scheduled to play the male lead rolle but Taraj Henson requested Terrence Howard her good friend or she wouldnt accept her role.

Last edited:
Yeah I like the show, watched first few episodes. I just wish the MUSIC could be better call me a (insert another word for griper) but its a show about 'the industry' and the real world and XYZ. But Im like cmon. At least make the music presentable. Just like in the Aaliyah movie.. =(

Yeah I like the show, watched first few episodes. I just wish the MUSIC could be better call me a (insert another word for griper) but its a show about 'the industry' and the real world and XYZ. But Im like cmon. At least make the music presentable. Just like in the Aaliyah movie.. =(

Timbaland was on the Breakfast Club talking about being responsible for the music and how it's a challenge. I'm curious to see the creative process and if it's Danja handz and a bunch of unknown producers cranking out melodies waiting for his approval. I have a suggestion:Adrian Younge.

Last edited:
It is a very entertaining show...
The only down side as stated above is the music,The only artist on this show I enjoy is Jamal because he has natural talent.The other is, Too much drama in this show...Like soap opera drama...Besides that it is a very good show that is watchable.

It is a very entertaining show...
The only down side as stated above is the music,The only artist on this show I enjoy is Jamal because he has natural talent.The other is, Too much drama in this show...Like soap opera drama...Besides that it is a very good show that is watchable.

too much drama
under what kind of show you have
1.comedy
2.drama
3.action/adventure
4.Reality
Empire is a drama show

too much drama
under what kind of show you have
1.comedy
2.drama
3.action/adventure
4.Reality
Empire is a drama show
It is just my opinion, I know it's drama, It just seems over-did quite a bit.In the drama aspect.I mean I'm not saying it's a bad show, On the contrary, I really enjoy it.I just belive the soap opera drama is quite a bit overdid, In my humble opinion.

Back