EDM Meets Trap Music[Video]

Real niggas can't get jiggy to that shit. Trying to educate a hood nigga on some EDM/trap shit. FOH.......you sound too proper.....MFer. lol!

That shit be hittin. Yo slang too got damn teacher pet for this trap shit.

I personally don't think non of these half and half genres are gonna take off.It's either or.Besides far as a rap genre goes I think Drill is one of the next things.
it doesnt need to take off, its an emerging niche genre, itll always have its own scene once its set

---------- Post added at 02:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 AM ----------

Next new sound?

Maybe.

Does is sound good?

No.
music is subjective, who the hell are you to tell anyone what sounds good or not
u can criticise technicalities but the artistic side of any music should never come under scrutiny

Last edited:
it doesnt need to take off, its an emerging niche genre, itll always have its own scene once its set

---------- Post added at 02:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 AM ----------

music is subjective, who the hell are you to tell anyone what sounds good or not
u can criticise technicalities but the artistic side of any music should never come under scrutiny

Tell me where the art is in this type of music.

because i or nobody can define art. its subjective. what is art to one person will not be art to another (being you).

i love it because it appeals to my ears, the range of sounds, the tonality of the sounds used, the build ups, the way its mixed, the way it drops, the way it sounds on huge speakers like that. thats art to me

now can you explain the art in your favourite type of music?

Chicago taking over the trap scene?????????????????????????????????

Chi has always been a gangster city = Al Capone

I like the mix I just made something of mix
when I get downstairs later and check the levels before adding it to my soundcloud

-Coach Antonio
"Let Me Handle your next Praise Party"

Make Money from Your Music New Money Marketing Forum*
*Music Business Professionals Read Their Tips
Elite Services for those Who Want to Attain their Goals
Research and Information Gathering Expert
Building Relationships to Build Success
Get the Information and Direction You Deserve
The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio​

Trap music right now reminds me of early gangster rap ,very dissonant like this nwa song, good tack but not a hit.

Like i said its not melodic enough yet,when gangster rap started sounding more like RnB is when it got really big IMO.
So trap music has potential so i wouldn't sleep on this sound.It just needs some tweaks,like what skrillex did with dubstep.

Last edited:
lmao. People actually think it's cool to take two things they don't know about and bring them together to form something they want the world to know about. Shit is corny.

Watered down trap music........A.K.A EDM Trap...trapstep......whitefolk trap.....surburban trap.....pat on the back trap music.

We can't create nuthin new.....why not put two things together that's popular in their own way...AND MAKE IT ONE. We will have the streets and the white people SON! Shit is going to be craZY Yo! YO Dun......we on daT TrapstEP shit Bee......mY BeaT seLLz went up KiD!!! I took a Lex Luga construCTIoN kit........and added a Four to THe Floor to it.....and then right here.....yo son....RIGHT HERE...I filtered dat shit........then when it come back.....that 808 SON!!!!!!! BOOOOOOOOM!!! I had those white boyz going wild up in there Bee! Word up!!!

i like this shit. it's fresh,but it ain't really new tho. it sounds to me like a like less shuffled version of grime,with more 808's.

i seriously think lex luger listened to some of this shit before making BMF.

^^^ is that the famous lex luger's vocal sample that everybody is using?

lmao. People actually think it's cool to take two things they don't know about and bring them together to form something they want the world to know about. Shit is corny.

thats how hip hop started

taking break beats from soul records and rapping over them. all hip hop is based off other shit, thats the beauty of the genre

Whats your real opinion on trap/EDM?

Soundwise it's ok, but I just think this whole thing is a little bit too syrup, you know what I mean? Canada became the biggest transit country for synthetic drugs (MDMA aka "Molly", amphetamine). And this swaps over to the US market.

So all the dance stuff got faster and more "acid" (you even hear it in pop charts, see LMFAO and even harder like Rihanna's "Where have you been"), because that's the pre-dominant club drugs and hip hop got grimeier and slower, because aside from weed, people started to use a lot of syrup. Drugs often reflect the tempo/mood of the music and so do the pre-dominant club drugs people take. It's a strange combination, but that's the way it is.

Guess it would be good if trapEDM got a bit faster and more melodic for it to "take over" and dance music a bit slower and less "acid". Otherwise it will play out in like 9-12 months.

Guess something like Moombathon has a much bigger chance to work, because it has a different mood and is less US-centric. You can easily make house-ish/Arabic/Asian/Latin sounding styles of it and it's something women are more into.
And after all us men go to parties to see women shake their giftboxes. lol

I mean even pop-dance tracks like Usher's "Dj got us falling in love again" are 120BPM, but they feel like 135BPM trance songs. lol

Soundwise it's ok, but I just think this whole thing is a little bit too syrup, you know what I mean? Canada became the biggest transit country for synthetic drugs (MDMA aka "Molly", amphetamine). And this swaps over to the US market.

So all the dance stuff got faster and more "acid" (you even hear it in pop charts, see LMFAO and even harder like Rihanna's "Where have you been"), because that's the pre-dominant club drugs and hip hop got grimeier and slower, because aside from weed, people started to use a lot of syrup. Drugs often reflect the tempo/mood of the music and so do the pre-dominant club drugs people take. It's a strange combination, but that's the way it is.

Guess it would be good if trapEDM got a bit faster and more melodic for it to "take over" and dance music a bit slower and less "acid". Otherwise it will play out in like 9-12 months.

Guess something like Moombathon has a much bigger chance to work, because it has a different mood and is less US-centric. You can easily make house-ish/Arabic/Asian/Latin sounding styles of it and it's something women are more into.
And after all us men go to parties to see women shake their giftboxes. lol

I mean even pop-dance tracks like Usher's "Dj got us falling in love again" are 120BPM, but they feel like 135BPM trance songs. lol

Thanks, your input is always welcomed on my threads.

you do know this has been very popular in europe for over 1 and half now right. i have no idea why the usa is just catching on. my cousin told me in london a good number of clubs have songs like this apart from the usual electronic dance stuff

Last edited:
thats how hip hop started

Hip hop started as an accident. Totally different.

Like I've said before, people's minds are only limited to what they "think" is popular. It's not a love thing.....it's a bandwagon thing. Hip hop has blended with so many "OTHER'' genres.......so why is this such a big deal? It's funny....it's comedy. It is also shitting on the many people who are just creative in a way to blend different genres on their albums in the past....only to be forgotten about because people who don't actually study and perfect the 2 genres they trying to blend. It's bullshit to me. Give props to the people who did it before someone wants to be the face of something that they don't need their face in.

It's out of order. People moving to fast without thinking.

Ciara's song got pushed back......moving too fast. Usher's album is forgot about....moving to fast.

Then the same people moving too fast have no love for the right now.

Mike Will Made It is the right now of that EDM/Trap shit........but yet somebody else is trying to introduce the world to it............hahahahahahaha....shit is funny. I guess yall dudes is late....or not thinking or something.

What is right now? Enjoy the right now. Once you start moving to fast you won't appreciate the future because you already been there........then you end up only liking weird shit because the norm is too outdated in your mind.

Last edited:
Back