Drake A Hip Hop Legend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HEADCUTTA

To me no he could had been something special he showed us that in his forever verse but he would continue down that road
in my eyes he is someone who could have been great for hiphop but chose not to for some reason even til this day he shows flashes of that forever drake
but still never put out a true hiphop album the dude has so much potential its crazy and he doesnt seem to see it. i think if he worked with producers like
dj premier,9th wonder pete rock pharell he would put out a classic with that effortless flow of his. But thats not what it is so to me he is not a
legend or ever will be just a very crazy popular pop artist. What do you think vote in the poll link below.... thank u very kindly

poll
HIPHOP POLL

Last edited:
I don't like polls plus the intangibles that determines an artist's stature differ to the current generation than ours and in Drake's case he is giving his audience what they want which is what every artist is supposed to be able to do but many fail. Maybe if the producers you mentioned extended a hand to Drake it could happen but you ought to know the purist's mentality in Hip Hop. Drake is a pop artist in a Hip Pop lane. He is a former child actor with the right connects and depending on your view, manufactured, what mostly all pop artists are to a degree.

Last edited:
I'm gonna say he is but, for a slightly different reason than you may think.. He's great for Hip-Hop simply because he pushes the boundaries in AND out of the genre. Anyone who can host the Espy's, and do it WELL, and still come back to music and make quality records (Let alone go gold/platinum), is making legend-like moves in my opinion.

Now granted, I won't mention him in the same breath as Jay-Z, B.I.G, Eminem or Nas, that's not a slight. I'd classify him as an entertainer (one who writes and also has some bars written). I would mention him with the likes of Puffy/P.Diddy or Dr. Dre.. Not bad company at all. The reason I put him in more of an entertainment category is because I'm somewhat of a purist. If you don't write your bars (even a portion of them), I can't consider you one of the lyrical greats/kings but, in my mind, Hip-Hop has expanded so it allows for legendary entertainers now.

Hip Hop has always had entertainers e.g. Doug E Fresh once billed himself as The World's Greatest Entertainer and lived up to it so because of that I don't slight entertainers as every artist should be entertaining solely with their music, not because of scandalous behavior.

If a rapper can put out a minimum of three official albums (not mixtapes or collabs), he/she is a Hip-Hop legend. The bar is that low because most rappers cannot even do that.

​I don’t think anyone makes classic music these days. There far too much stuff being released for me to play a song more than 3 times before moving on.

As long as there are allegations of him having a ghost writer he can never be a legend.I mean take care was a classic but the weekend basically wrote most of it so

Drake knows this better than anybody else. He went to chase the money. I do respect him for being able to hit it in the R&B genre and the hip hop genre as well. Could say he's a multi platform artist, not in the sense of Kanye/Pharrell who are straight musical geniuses but he's got a style that works for him.

Put him on most urban genre's and he'll make a song a hit, hip hop, R&B, afrobeats, bashment etc he'll get a hit out. You can only respect that in all honesty. He's never been a great lyricist like Nas/Jay but he's versatile and you can't fault him for that. For me he's a jack of all trades.

Last edited:
Yes, I believe Drake is a hip hop legend. Many people may not look at it that way right now since he is alive and well. Plus, who makes better music than him overall? I don't know too many artists who does.

VISIT MY HOMEPAGE

Yes, I believe Drake is a hip hop legend. Many people may not look at it that way right now since he is alive and well. Plus, who makes better music than him overall? I don't know too many artists who does.

VISIT MY HOMEPAGE

i know a boat ton of artist making better music than him is that a joke?

If a rapper can put out a minimum of three official albums (not mixtapes or collabs), he/she is a Hip-Hop legend. The bar is that low because most rappers cannot even do that.

i agree the bar is so low now its sad im waiting 4 people to start calling future a legend at some point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back