Drake A Hip Hop Legend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crazy many people think he is a legend such a low bar these days no skill needed

To "get" Drake you gotta understand he had a cosign w/Jas Prince Jr and over time he influenced Bryson Tiller, Tory Lanez, etc. and the bar ain't low if you ignore him and others of his ilk.

nah the bar has been lowered when u start puttin drake next to the likes rakim soon people will say lil uzi turd is a legend oh yea that new drake gods plan track is the biggest over hyped piece of trash ever

hip-hop has been on it's arse for a long time now...Drake is pretty dreadful imo.

mumble rap is quite possibly the worst thing that could happen to any genre....

I'm gonna say he is but, for a slightly different reason than you may think.. He's great for Hip-Hop simply because he pushes the boundaries in AND out of the genre. Anyone who can host the Espy's, and do it WELL, and still come back to music and make quality records (Let alone go gold/platinum), is making legend-like moves in my opinion.

Now granted, I won't mention him in the same breath as Jay-Z, B.I.G, Eminem or Nas, that's not a slight. I'd classify him as an entertainer (one who writes and also has some bars written). I would mention him with the likes of Puffy/P.Diddy or Dr. Dre.. Not bad company at all. The reason I put him in more of an entertainment category is because I'm somewhat of a purist. If you don't write your bars (even a portion of them), I can't consider you one of the lyrical greats/kings but, in my mind, Hip-Hop has expanded so it allows for legendary entertainers now.

bein a legend dosent have levels so if he isnt mentioned with jayz nas pac and so on he is not a legend

He is a Legend, a Toronto story that will be told for many years. Legends in music are not forgotten.
Without Drake there would be no The Weeknd. Toronto wouldn't have been fashionable.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back