Dr. Dre Gave Game, 50, Eminem, and Gwen Some Weak Ass Singles.....

D

DC SOUNDS

Its a disgrace, all those singles, production wise, are garbage, unorginal, and just not pleasing to my ears.

I just thought about something.

Remember when Dre announced Detox was cancelled. Wasn't that around the time that Storch's name really started blowing up, marking his official defection from the Aftermath camp?

Did he cancel Detox cuz he had just lost the Aftermath sound?

yeah ......i have to say dr dre was a bit slaking when h made these singles but don't get it twisted.

storch'll b back to help him....lol...

j.troup said:
I just thought about something.

Remember when Dre announced Detox was cancelled. Wasn't that around the time that Storch's name really started blowing up, marking his official defection from the Aftermath camp?

Did he cancel Detox cuz he had just lost the Aftermath sound?

Good question!!! And by the way good song too "Single Minded...". I love that beat j.troup...Cheapbeatz...whoever the hell you are......lol.

I think game and 50's singles are pretty nice. I didn't pay to much attention to the beat alone but the total package is tight. IMO

Big Money Dilly said:
Im guessing you meant Gwen Stefani in ur post title?

What beat has gwen got from Dre?

her latest song from her album "rich girl" featuring eve. it sounds unoriginal, with a boring guitar riff thats been used so many times before, nothing new from that song, i hope gwen didnt pay dre $$ 100 grand for that garbage.

i respect the man but hes way too overated and has relied on ghost producers his entire career, quik shyts on him in every way.

I think yall are riding scott storch his nuts way too hard on here. Don't get me wrong I like scott's beats alot but if your saying dre lost his touch just because the guy HE PUT ON aint doing a little keyboard work on his beats anymore, you must be crazy.

This little situation we're in reminds me of the talk the year before 2001 dropped hahaha. And that 2001 is a classic to me now, took a little time to grow on me fully tho

First of all Dre didn't put Scott Storch "on". Check out The Roots homeboy. Secondly, I don't think anyone is on Scott Storch's nuts, or putting Dre down in anyway. Just check the quality of work he's put out lately.....that's all that's being stated.

skeez said:
First of all Dre didn't put Scott Storch "on". Check out The Roots homeboy. Secondly, I don't think anyone is on Scott Storch's nuts, or putting Dre down in anyway. Just check the quality of work he's put out lately.....that's all that's being stated.

1. scott storch even said it himself that dr.dre helped him alot.

2. I wasnt just talking about this thread when I made the nuts statement, scott is to FP what the neptunes were to FP in 2002.

BJv said:

1. scott storch even said it himself that dr.dre helped him alot.

2. I wasnt just talking about this thread when I made the nuts statement, scott is to FP what the neptunes were to FP in 2002.

1. storch was put on by the roots. scott never got credit for the work he did for dre. chronic 2001, dre gave more shine to mel man than he did for storch even though storch played a bigger role than mel man did. dre tried to take all the credit for "let me blow ya mind" when storch did the entire beat. if you ask me, Beyonce and Fat Joe gave storch his shine exposure wise, the work he did with them and the fact that beyonce shouted him out at the grammies and fat joe said his name on one of the biggest singles of the year made him the in demand producer he is today.

2. this has nothing to do with storch. my point is dre gave some garbage ass singles to game, fifty, eminem, and gwen and he is far from being the g.o.a.t, none of those tracks are the least bit interesting in any way, very boring.

Take Gwen Stefani off that list. Rich Girl is probly the opposite of weak.

It's catchy, bumpin, punchy and has that awesome sound quality we expect from Dre tracks. You guys should check it out.

Gwen got a lot of hot production on that album actually. She did well. Especially the Neptunes track. There's some sounds in there that you guys have to hear.

Actually, you know how the 'tunes say they sometimes build offa other songs. When I hear their Stefani beat, I hear the Midnight Cowboy song from that John Voigt movie. also a great sing btw.

anyways, some good work.

Oh, yeah, that "rich girl" beat is a tune-up of an old beat Dre had already given to artist Broklyn.

Pz

You all post very good comments....what I want to bring up is how sad it is that artists now a days have like 7 different hot producers on thier ONE album! In the golden era of hip hop & music in general the artist/group/band had one,maybe 2, key producers & composers. And thats how they all the artists had their own signature sound, which gave them their identity. It seems like now artists are more into the marketing formulas of corporate america....I already knew that but i just wanted to put it out there.
Happy New Years!
www.DannyDee.com

Danny Dee said:
You all post very good comments....what I want to bring up is how sad it is that artists now a days have like 7 different hot producers on thier ONE album! In the golden era of hip hop & music in general the artist/group/band had one,maybe 2, key producers & composers. And thats how they all the artists had their own signature sound, which gave them their identity. It seems like now artists are more into the marketing formulas of corporate america....I already knew that but i just wanted to put it out there.
Happy New Years!
www.DannyDee.com

I wanna see how this turns out...

Back