DR. DRE "COMPTON" - Official Thread

No. But for me it doesn't have a very high replay value, it's more like a good movie that you enjoy every once in a while.

Still got Eminem checks I ain't open yet!!!! MVP SHIT..........World ain't enoughhh

Been adapted to it. Done with it now though.

Deeply Rooted >

N.O Joe said fuuck all yall for not acknowledging his greatness in the game on this album. Like he had a point to make. lol!

I just love how Dre and his ex-NWA crew has somewhat gave the Hip Hop genre a push by releasing movie, album and helping original/old school hiphop artists to be recognised. I'm talking about knxwledge and Paak these two artists have great potentials to bring hip hop some brand new tracks. A new feel. Hopefully the general public will listen to something other than pop and learn to listen to more in depth lyrics. Honestly I feel like hip hop is the current Shakespeare literature of today's music.

I think maybe this album is a bit overrated. It's really not near the Detox

You know, I don't know what it is, but these days it's really hard for artists to catch that same fire that they had years ago. Publicity has changed. When Eminem came out with MMLP2 it was great but its spotlight soon vanished. Now Dr Dre (arguably hip hops greatest producer) puts something out, and you would've thought the internet would explode. Instead it gets its quick 5 minutes of hot publicity, and its gone.

Maybe these guys are overrated? Or maybe fame has just changed.

Last edited:
You know, I don't know what it is, but these days it's really hard for artists to catch that same fire that they had years ago. Publicity has changed. When Eminem came out with MMLP2 it was great but its spotlight soon vanished. Now Dr Dre (arguably hip hops greatest producer) puts something out, and you would've thought the internet would explode. Instead it gets its quick 5 minutes of hot publicity, and its gone.

Maybe these guys are overrated? Or maybe fame has just changed.

No they are not overrated, they do amazing work.

If you think about it it's pretty impressive that rap as a genre had a two decade run.

Like anything else, people get bored of it, nothing shocks them anymore.

Things change, in the genre, in music, in the entertainment meta, and in all of culture.

Even as a consumers we evolved to have shorter and shorter attention spans and we choose to be stimulated by the next thing that keeps us interested -- for awhile.

Even the Internet itself, not just social networks, message boards, is getting played out.

In the past Rap was new and never been done before. The ability to rhyme was seen to the masses as a magic trick. It also created a unique hype and type of energy in your mind.

But after years and years, it doesn't matter how good it is, it's not as impressive anymore. This goes for all genres.

And especially it's not gonna be something you revisit. No content last long these days on any level because we are saturated by it.

In the past, content was scarce and therefore had the perception of more value.

It's been like that for years too.

This album deserves praise for even being able to inspire anymore in the first place.

The first couple weeks I was into it and that's more than anyone could ask for in this era.

This album deserves praise for even being able to inspire anymore in the first place.

The first couple weeks I was into it and that's more than anyone could ask for in this era.

Tell that to Drake...

On another note, did ya'll get a funny vibe when King Mez called himself "the black Eminem"? I don't feel funny whenever rappers I like drop a lame lines like that.

Tell that to Drake...

On another note, did ya'll get a funny vibe when King Mez called himself "the black Eminem"? I don't feel funny whenever rappers I like drop a lame lines like that.

I kinda did, but hey...one lame line on an otherwise fire song.

I'm interested to see what they can do with Justus, though. Considering that he's a white kid and kinda didn't do anything but sing hooks...I heard he's a rapper, too. Anderson .Paak did all the heavy vocal singing...

Back