DR. DRE "COMPTON" - Official Thread

Son, even the intro is nice lmao

That Game track though, that shit knocks like a mothafuc*ka

Last edited:
The music is great, but I am not impressed. The young people aren't going to learn anything or care. Why would they listen to a 50 year old billionaire talking tough on a record? Dre ain't been to Compton in 20 years.

I will listen to the album for entertainment value only. There is no lesson to be learned from Dr. Dre.

Currently recharging my iPad so I can listen to it for the 3rd time. I feel actual growth in my spiritual development. This is an important record for hip-hop heads.

The music is great, but I am not impressed. The young people aren't going to learn anything or care. Why would they listen to a 50 year old billionaire talking tough on a record? Dre ain't been to Compton in 20 years.

I will listen to the album for entertainment value only. There is no lesson to be learned from Dr. Dre.

I'm surpised it took you to page 2 of this thread to rear your ugly head... Haven't listened to the album yet, but I"m sure it is stellar.

Sonically pleasing. :cool:Seems like he chose dynamics over loudness. Dre's flow has really got better over time.

Still listening.

Yep this album right here just inspired me to start producing my own shit again... I've been buying beats... But time to get back to the production .. And Kendrick killed all his features.. And snoop doggy mutha fn dogg ... When have u ever heard him rap like that?? I know never!! I'm not even going into the sonics in this thing.. So many rich plush sounds whizzing all around my head:. Do yourself a favor and listen to this through some nice high quality headphones.... Eighty ohms out... Peace

Yep this album right here just inspired me to start producing my own shit again... I've been buying beats... But time to get back to the production .. And Kendrick killed all his features.. And snoop doggy mutha fn dogg ... When have u ever heard him rap like that?? I know never!! I'm not even going into the sonics in this thing.. So many rich plush sounds whizzing all around my head:. Do yourself a favor and listen to this through some nice high quality headphones.... Eighty ohms out... Peace

Dr. Dre albums sound incredibly good on Sony MDRV6's... i don't believe other headphones do it justice.

Last edited:
A worthy final album! Would've loved a Busta Rhymes feature though. IMO Busta is one of few artists that go HAM on a Dre's track! "Break Ya Neck", "Get You Some", "Oh" (Obie Trice track), etc.

I wasn't feeling this at all on the first listen but it's grown on me in a big way since then. I had no real expectations for this so am more than happy with how it turned out.

This how I feel now.......

Not that I don't love the album......just my first listen blew me away. I had that same feeling with 2001. But I do love the hell out of the album though....just not like I did......shit was like the hit of crack of something...guess I'm forever chasing that feeling.

Maybe I need to stop listening to it for a day or two.......I have been on it pretty hard. lol!

Last edited:
I can't tell if the joint is "over-produced" or maybe i've been accustomed to listening to simple beats
for a long time that when i started listening to this it blew me away lol. It's good regardless

It plays like a movie.

The usage of sound and just how crisp everything sound is unparalleled.

I can't play the second track without the intro, the intro has a nice buildup transition.

This shit sound so smooth in the whip, it bangs.

Game track on repeat, over and over.

He should still drop Detox, even if it's wack we will forgive him for it cause of how strong this body of work is.

I like how it wasn't a star studded album.

I like the flow and delivery switch up from his last album, since homie always sounds monotone. (we should
thank those ghostwriters for that one lol)

oh...

give us an instrumental version

**** outta here. You are just trolling if you say this is shit.

No I'm not, content is OK, the mix is terrible.

It's crazy how quick the songs got removed from Youtube and other streaming sites. Apple used this album to promote the hell out of their streaming service, meanwhile no producer (other than Dre) is going to see more than $100 in royalties.

Dammmmmmnnnnnnnnn

How is this even possible!!

So much better than anyone could have imagined in a way nobody could have guessed!!

This guy spent the last 10 years in board rooms, and studios, bulking up --without releasing anything, then drops this masterpiece.

lmao

Last edited:
Dammmmmmnnnnnnnnn

How is this even possible!!

So much better than anyone could have imagined in a way nobody could have guessed!!

This guy spent the last 10 years in board rooms, and studios, bulking up --without releasing anything, then drops this masterpiece.

lmao

Dre just knows how to make good music

Not what I was expecting at all. I was kind of hoping for another '2001' type album but still what he brought to us was pretty amazing. I was really impressed by how it sounds, it sounds awesome, it takes you on a journey!. I will be giving it alot more listens to let it sink in.

Back