Don't quit your day job guys, Dupri says Ciara new single is a complete Usher rip off

stokeI

Dupri co-produced 'U Got It Bad' in 2001 with Bryan-Michael Cox, while 'I Bet' was released last January. "Ciara’s new single is a complete rip-off of Usher's 'U Got It Bad'," he said. "I'm clear on what I made and I'm clear on how music influences people and I'm clear on chord changes and how people move things…It might not be as evident as the 'Blurred Lines' situation, but I believe the same thing happened to me."

NME News Producer Jermaine Dupri says Ciara single is 'a complete rip-off' of Usher's 'U Got It Bad' | NME.COM

thank you Gaye family, you greedy ****s

According to the Blurred Lines case....I could sue the shit out of Ice Cube for ripping off a beat of mine that was public. I mean as bad as I need 7 million......(settle out of court for 1.5) I have too much integrity to even think about going forward with it. But I can sue the shit out of him..........according to the Blurred Lines case......

Thief......one of yall fp lurkers did it...........almost made Cube lose a grip........

Last edited:
wait yall don't hear the similarities? like the beat is similar for one... but also the cadences of her lyrics are also similar... like the beat is one thing.. but to harmonize like usher did is taking things a little over board

Truthfully though. wtf is the guy yelling on the song throughout? He ruins it for me
That's a bootleg version of future :D lol I guess it was to make it extra obvious the shade was for him lol...
Anyway I love JD and he's made LOTS of music I've rocked with for the longest time but bruh...how can you wanna sue for similar chord progressions and vibes lol...at least the marvin gaye case pharell could have cleared a sample or something and keep his mula but this here...I don't know...I really don't

That's a bootleg version of future :D lol I guess it was to make it extra obvious the shade was for him lol...
Anyway I love JD and he's made LOTS of music I've rocked with for the longest time but bruh...how can you wanna sue for similar chord progressions and vibes lol...at least the marvin gaye case pharell could have cleared a sample or something and keep his mula but this here...I don't know...I really don't

Same situation no sample to clear and it wasn't interopolated.

Back