Do Yu Think REVERBNATION Rank matters to LABELS

ahoy Mavick <> DISCLAIMER : what u know vs what u think or believe .. i dont know FOR SURE .. that being said .. i have a Soundclick, a Whotune, and a Reverb Nation .. seems like i might have one called Beat Street but for the sake of discussion focus on these three / i think the charts on the three we speak of are not indictive of whats really going on <> i DO KNOW for a fact that a script exists to play ur song with a different IP for days at a time = this is how you get thousands of plays on a song that might have been listened to once <> i had a track go as high as 55 in Electronica/Drum n Bass on soundclick(out of 45,000 some-odd songs), there was only 1 review(?) <> speaking of Drum n Bass on Soundclick, i very recently took a listen/look at the top 20 or 25 songs(however many are on the 1st page) = less than HALF of them were even CLOSE to Drum n Bass ;/ /p/HUKTARDED <> tl:dr no, it DOES NOT matter

I dont think it matters, really.....Some of those rankings are based off plays and fans but quality always wins at the end....

That being said, check out my reverb & facebook page!!

Last edited:
I'V been using RVBN for a while. When i was actively using it i was as low as #2 in my city . Then i stop then i went up to 60 . Do you really think RVBN matters to labels as much as TWITTER FOLLOWERS , Youtube Views , FB Likes .

Heres the RVBN check it out if you wnt
Small Town Heroz | Jacksonville, NC | Hip Hop | Music, Lyrics, Songs, and Videos | ReverbNation

this kind of question should be posted in the business/marketing/networking section
but back to your question no I don't think so having a overall marketing/promotion campaign
and of course quality music

Units sold out weighs that. You got plays? Ok cool but did those plays bring you any kind of profit?

You know I don't think they would care if you were number 1 or 300 in a city, but if they happen to be on there they ain't gonna sift through 299 profiles to number 300, if the first page is dumpster fluid they ain't makin it to page 20.

I doubt they do I guess if you can prove you have made money off of reverbnation that might help but like o dude said quality wins at the end

I would think that being closer to the top would help since you'd be more accessible to labels trying to discover potential talent. I don't think most would spend significant time mining through the lower ranks however. Other than that, I don't think it matters. I opened up an account almost four years ago but haven't touched it since then and I'm ranked 32 in my city (with no music, no fans, no bio...nothing!).

The site you are on doesn't matter as much as the buzz you create and as others said how marketable you are. Best measure is Itune sales and or Cd sales. And if you are selling CD's make sure you keep verifiable records. Cd's with bar-codes for example.

I would think that being closer to the top would help since you'd be more accessible to labels trying to discover potential talent. I don't think most would spend significant time mining through the lower ranks however. Other than that, I don't think it matters. I opened up an account almost four years ago but haven't touched it since then and I'm ranked 32 in my city (with no music, no fans, no bio...nothing!).

This.

This whole ranking system on sites like those is made for the ego of the artists themselves. No work has to be done, and as few as two or three clicks on your page will lead to you "moving up" in rank.

its all about being discovered, they have to get your attention not the opposite, they wanna see if your strong enough to establish yourself

Last edited:
Back