Do you think Wale will retire?

^^^ Exactly, drop some feedback once you've taken it in, I've listened to the whole thing 3 things now.

Man is incredible, real bars with a modern day flow and his production is through the roof.

^^^ I'll agree with that, it wasn't trash cause trash is a harsh word, it was still music, but like you said it's just whatever, it's the equivalent of any body making music famous or not, nothing stood out, no bangers or big tracks overall a bad piece of work.

I'd give it a 4/10 and all those points if any are earned through some tracks i like the production on.

You know who should have an ego like Wale and could back it, CYHI THE PRINCE, just took his latest...wow dude could be the best out right now. His flows and word play are ridiculous.

cyhi is the shit. been listening to his stuff for a while now. good taste :cheers:

To be fair,
twitter is full of a bunch of cynical people struggling to get noticed with insulting/negative talk.

if you asked for 10,000 retweets to stop (enter your favorite rapper here, yes even him) and you would probably get it.

its not like we know if this person asked 10,000 hip hop fans. he could have easily went to a large population of country fans and been like "hey you guys like this whale guy??"

straight up, Wale will never be marketable enough to be considered fully accepted in the mainstream.

- too dark
- has dreads
- doesn't make enough "trap" songs that you can sing a long with
- not friendly enough
- doesn't always pick the hottest beats

straight up, Wale will never be marketable enough to be considered fully accepted in the mainstream.

- too dark
- has dreads
- not friendly enough

that all applies to chief keef (other than the trap thing) and he's gotten pretty popular.

i think his problem boils down to being boring as hell on his tracks.

he does try to be too lyrical when you can tell most of his lyrics don't mean much. but keep in mind chief keef REALLY makes up for all his other misgivings with his trapping abilities.

To be fair,
twitter is full of a bunch of cynical people struggling to get noticed with insulting/negative talk.

if you asked for 10,000 retweets to stop (enter your favorite rapper here, yes even him) and you would probably get it.

its not like we know if this person asked 10,000 hip hop fans. he could have easily went to a large population of country fans and been like "hey you guys like this whale guy??"

- too dark
- has dreads
- not friendly enough

na man lol you see for example Beyonce...if you say anything about her at all, people will actually attack twitter and get at you for getting a Bey or lets Kendrick.

but in wales case, who came to his defense? the publicon twitter can still get at you and voice the opposite...but they don't cause who wants to defend him? who cares about him that much that they even would defend him? nobody lol

I don't think how dark he is has anything to do it...if you're good you're good, there's no denying that.

Has dreads? Who doesn't have dreads today...2 chaniz, lil wayne etc.

Of course he's friendly, mans a pu$$y, what you mean is he talks to much non sense

beats yes I agree, that's on him though, he's that bad

he does try to be too lyrical when you can tell most of his lyrics don't mean much. but keep in mind chief keef REALLY makes up for all his other misgivings with his trapping abilities.
I think I know what that means, but please explain.

In Wale's defense he does have some quality lyrics and subject matter(I think he had a song dealing with complexion).

Chief keef identity is clearly defined.
people was feeling nike boot Wale, but he started trying to become "dark drake" with lotusflyapplecherrybomb or whatever it was called and songs of that like. he started trying to be a sex symbol then tried to go back to being the conscious guy when that didn't work. he keeps bodying himself and he lacks direction. he still isn't that bad of a rapper though. I think his attitude borders on yeezy status tho and people don't feel that when you discography don't add up with the attitude.

If u listened to his earlier stuff he has always had a poetic type of song....
or rather a song for ladies or about them.. n yea he had the joint about complexion...
Like i said b4 he has always been big headed...

I think if ppl went on to his early works then u would have a better chance of understanding him...
N notice he aint changed since paint a picture era...

Like i said i like him... so maybe im blind to what exactly the disdain comes from...

Then his ego got in the way and he stopped promoting it to move on to a remix with Rihanna that didn't surpass the original to my knowledge. Could be wrong, didn't keep up.
That's true. I think it was also an issue of Thomas signing with someone else or something, I don't exactly remember.

Yea she was spose to go wit b.o.a....
He felt like damn i put u on... had u living with me n all that... fot u to turn ya back

na man lol you see for example Beyonce...if you say anything about her at all, people will actually attack twitter and get at you for getting a Bey or lets Kendrick.

but in wales case, who came to his defense? the publicon twitter can still get at you and voice the opposite...but they don't cause who wants to defend him? who cares about him that much that they even would defend him? nobody lol

I don't think how dark he is has anything to do it...if you're good you're good, there's no denying that.

Has dreads? Who doesn't have dreads today...2 chaniz, lil wayne etc.

Of course he's friendly, mans a pu$$y, what you mean is he talks to much non sense

beats yes I agree, that's on him though, he's that bad

wale is in a whole different lane than the other artist you compared him to. he come out at first trying to be "the rapper for the ladies" (good idea) then got too happy off that no hands money and tried to get on with the hood stars, now he is too black for the white media and to talkative for the black twitterz.

wale is in a whole different lane than the other artist you compared him to. he come out at first trying to be "the rapper for the ladies" (good idea) then got too happy off that no hands money and tried to get on with the hood stars, now he is too black for the white media and to talkative for the black twitterz.

Different then who?

Obviously, every artist is different from each other, Kendrick is different from beyonce too.
Difference is they have true fans that believe in their music, no one defends Wale cause he has no real fans and no one can defend him anyways, how can you defend that Mr. Hanky look a like?

Why would he come out for "the ladies" nigg@ ashy as hell and sloppy looking, he doesn't know what he wants to do.

And the too dark card is getting old, that's just what they use as an excuse when they can't make it.
There's tons of dark skinned people in the game doing super well...or are you serious he's on that next shade of darkness? Come on man, music speaks for itself. I don't even need to see what you look like and if I like your music I like your music.

He's a waste man.

or rather a song for ladies or about them (i never seen him going for a ladies rapper)..
I think if ppl went on to his early works then u would have a better chance of understanding him...

Have yall just been listen to Radio Wale.. or have u herd mixtapes n earlier pieces of work

or rather a song for ladies or about them (i never seen him going for a ladies rapper)..

Have yall just been listen to Radio Wale.. or have u herd mixtapes n earlier pieces of work

Good point. I think some of y'all making seem like he ain't got a solid body of work.

The last album had more than a couple solid singles, and I think it was up there with other top cats in terms of overall quality.

I do agree that for whatever reasons, he struggles with the direction he's gonna take.
I think when was trying to establishing his name and break out he jumped to MMG, which I'm not sure if that was the best direction.
It got his name out, but I think on a certain level he would fared better on a TDE type label (ya I know they weren't around).
I'm talking about his mass appeal and public behavior, not his talent.

Back