Do you feel Em deserved a Grammy?

KelevraOne

Not too Kelevra son
Just curious. I'm a big fan of eminem, but mmlp2 was meh. Out of all the artists on that list I feel he was the least deserving. (yes even less deserving than Iggy). Thoughts on the matter

alotta grammy voters don't know what they're doing and a lot of it goes by name recognition.. they may not particularly know a song but they'll recognize a name when they vote and go by that.. someone published an article about it..

alotta grammy voters don't know what they're doing and a lot of it goes by name recognition.. they may not particularly know a song but they'll recognize a name when they vote and go by that.. someone published an article about it..

Thats exactly what happened/happens. Cuz MMLP2 was trash.

I don't think it really matters who wins what. Award shows are just entertainment, shouldn't take awards too curious.

Last edited:
When Kendrick lost to Macklemore last year I stopped caring for award shows. I just wanna enjoy good music and find dope new stuff. If others can't appreciate it or see true quality that's their problem.
But it would be dope If there were fair, sensible award shows which really go by the music and leave the business shit out. But capitalism is like a cancer in that it leaves no area untouched and in this case it's music.

When Kendrick lost to Macklemore last year I stopped caring for award shows. I just wanna enjoy good music and find dope new stuff. If others can't appreciate it or see true quality that's their problem.
But it would be dope If there were fair, sensible award shows which really go by the music and leave the business shit out. But capitalism is like a cancer in that it leaves no area untouched and in this case it's music.

Mack beat out Kendrick fair and square. The only reason why their is a big hoopla about it is because Kendrick is more "hip hop" than Mack or whatever that means. Grammy's may mess up but they got that one right.

None of the albums on the rap album of the year were that great.

The grammys reward success, not artistic merit.

MMLP2 was a terrible album. But it went double platinum. New classic went platinum. Em wins.

yall get too excited.

ricflair2_narrowweb__300x548,0.jpg

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...BROTHER!!!

Last edited:
None of those albums deserved album of the year, they were all wack...

and Iggy only killed all last year with 1 song, so it doesn't count.

Eminem was the safe bet though.

they ride his dick hard as **** son....he is the rap god.

that nigga sam smith goes hard though...I got his cd it blows everything else out the water.....

I think MMLP2 was a masterpiece. But then again I also though Recovery was the crap album and Relapse was better than Recovery.

I think with MMLP2 he evolved rap itself. Its more content oriented than lyrically cryptic.

The way it plays out it just makes me feel like: I just like what he talks about.

Its really that simple. Its a play on Kendrick and Kanye and the concepts were all spectacular and boundary pushing. Almost feels like he's doing the impossible and he is telling you what he is doing at the same time he is doing it.

Anyway, no other album came close and Iggy is garbage except for that one song which was a lucky groove.

I think MMLP2 was a masterpiece. But then again I also though Recovery was the crap album and Relapse was better than Recovery.

I think with MMLP2 he evolved rap itself. Its more content oriented than lyrically cryptic.

The way it plays out it just makes me feel like: I just like what he talks about.

Its really that simple. Its a play on Kendrick and Kanye and the concepts were all spectacular and boundary pushing. Almost feels like he's doing the impossible and he is telling you what he is doing at the same time he is doing it.

Anyway, no other album came close and Iggy is garbage except for that one song which was a lucky groove.

lol...then you just proved you like Trash Rap. Cuz Recovery was dope as HELL. Relapse was trash...Eminem even said he was back on dope when he recorded that album.

MMLP2 was meh.

You all are really tryna say MMLP2 was trash?

Do "rap" fans even want people to spit anymore or just talk about swag and money?? SMH

Iggy is pure garbage, the fact she raps in that fake voice that she thinks we sound like is enough for me to say F**k her.

lol...then you just proved you like Trash Rap. Cuz Recovery was dope as HELL. Relapse was trash...Eminem even said he was back on dope when he recorded that album.

MMLP2 was meh.

Literally every song on Recovery was targeted towards fans who are Trailer Trash. Pink was on the album lol.

Besides a pair of Kalil beats the whole album was wack.

While MMLP2 was like dancing circles around Kendrick and Kanye.

Do you even like rap anymore? That album was an unexpected triumph in a time when I though I would never think another rap album is cool to listen to again.

Iggy is pure garbage, the fact she raps in that fake voice that she thinks we sound like is enough for me to say F**k her.

The whole thing would be a lot less insulting if she had like Nikki Minaj tier pop-rap skills but she doesn't so it makes the whole thing a sham

Azelia Banks was right (but too bad she is wack now too lol)

Last edited:
Back