DMX or 2PAC

AvidityBeats

Both artists are probably the most rawest emotional people on a record who have the widest range of style from gutter hardcore raps, to poetry and love. I think the DMX and 2pac comparison is never talked about, I for one am the only one I know who's ever mentioned it in my circle. I just think respectively to DMX and no disrespect to 2pac, that they are absolutely one in the same when it comes to talent, passion, creativity, and everything else that goes in to being a human and an artist.

probably the best answer one can respond with, afterall music is all about what you can relate to most and what speaks to you personally. appreciate the response.

Both artists are probably the most rawest emotional people on a record who have the widest range of style from gutter hardcore raps, to poetry and love. I think the DMX and 2pac comparison is never talked about, I for one am the only one I know who's ever mentioned it in my circle. I just think respectively to DMX and no disrespect to 2pac, that they are absolutely one in the same when it comes to talent, passion, creativity, and everything else that goes in to being a human and an artist.

that's a valid comparison. they are both pretty similar. Me personally I go more with X. He comes from a darker more depressed place and that resonates with me. He was one of the first emo rappers lol

i cant choose, i like stuff from both.
im mad dmx kept messin wit dat coke/crack.
it fuccked him up, u can tell in his interviews that somethin not right.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good comp...I go with Pac personally cause he the first rap I ever heard in my life and always been there, but X is right outside my top 5. Pac could also deliver more variations in his vocal deliverance. All you ever heard from X was that legendary raspiness, which is great cause all the tracks he did/does suit that perfectly, but you can hear pac deliver with anger as well as compassion.

Good point in terms of raw emotion on wax, but I think Pac had a broader foundation to draw from with his background. He could get the conscious dudes and the thugs rolling with him.

Well pac tried to change the world, while dmx wanted to show how raw the realities were.

But comparing eachother, DMX was the most commercial of the two.

I dont know, I guess I would say DMX

DMX is more triller...2pac was very elegant and firm. DMX life is in shambles do to his past abuse. 2pac was able to turn pain into energy.

Both represent raw emotion. Both had the unique charisma to appeal to both the streets and the ladies. I like em both but I think X's drug problem is the x factor(no pun intended). He was so strung out on that crack that if eventually affected his music.

Last edited:
They are not the same in the respect that 2pac became thug life. He did love songs and poetry at the start of his career and then turned into Thug Life. DMX is all over the damn place and has always been. There was no progression with DMX like 2pac. For me at least 2pac is more relatable and I don't think DMX would have had much of a career if it were not for 2pac.

love both
Pac can craft songs better and is more diverse
X is more lyrical and i love the darkness but...

imma have to go with Pac

Back