DJ Premier and Alchemist (charging)

Topic

im just wonderin...

how much do alchemist and dj premier charge for a beat, is it like timbaland, liek 150 k a beat or less

i wanna say that estimate is pretty accurate, 30 G's is how much someone like an alchemist would get. as far as premier im not sure but he hasnt put out a hit for a long time, had he been consistent with big's things he could command 80 g's

yeh this is the thing with premo, no big hits for a while... im not even sure the new gangstarr will do well

In an interview Premo said that he charges $30g's for beat, but will go lower if it is someone that he is down with that can't afford it (his example was KRS-1).

I doubt that Alchemist gets 30g's per beat.

Look at the work that he has done, tons of independent cats who won't even make 30g's off their albums! He might have got 30 for that Jadakiss beat.

You think that Cormega's label, or Dilated's label are going to give them budgets like that?

He did 10 joints for Siagon and he's still relatively unkown...

like i say its all sliding scale... yeh i remember premo charging brandy $60 for a beat, so $30 sounds about right, but then i doubt $30 is a flat limit for every even most artists....

as for alchemist, cormega's label - landspeed - could quite easily afford $30g for a beat ... I mean the realness sold 100,000+ (whats that times 15£ ?) ... i dont know how the true meaning did ...

as far as i know dilated's label is capitol recs so they arent doin too bad for cash either

Of course he didnt get 30 for siagon but ya tellin me he got all in all less than 30 for `worst comes to worst`? I would be quite surprised...

anyways, like i say it all varies

forget worst comes to worst.
talk about ludacris's growing pains

lol alchemist didnt produce that too did he? lol that wouldve been pushing it... but yeh i prefer growing pains...

Well...I FWD it to you.. check and see if you got it in your inbox now. If not.. I basically just said "YES" to your propostion.. hopefully you rememeber what that was :D . Get back at me man.. peace!

foerster said:

I doubt that Alchemist gets 30g's per beat.

Look at the work that he has done, tons of independent cats who won't even make 30g's off their albums! He might have got 30 for that Jadakiss beat.
He got 15G's for the Jadakiss joint.

Back