DJ Mustard

Prosthetic

The One-Armed Bastard
Don't all of his beats sound the f-ing same? I know alot of producers have their own 'style' but this dude is beyond that; no creativity. Every time before I hear one of his beats drop I think I'm listening to I'm Different or Rack City. Call me a hater or whatever, it just grinds my gears seeing more of these "producers" who learned what notes are yesterday blowing up. Anyone else agree?

Get over it. It's 2013.

Oh yeah you're right. I get it now. Given that its the 14th year into the 21st century, that means that creativity in music doesn't matter anymore and quality should just go to shit. I totally get it now. I remember reading this in the Bible.

Last edited:
smh.....................it's 2013......and dudes still think of music like it's 2003. The older you get, the more you will see how things can control your mind to think how you think instead of it being your own personal thoughts. Then you will focus on music you DO like for enjoyment as a human being..instead of thinking in a competitive manner as if people do and don't deserve something due to your misunderstood standards that lead you to shit on cultures. You surely don't think that his music is NOT creative. You compare his work to what you feel is creative (beat wise) in your own illusion. Plenty of people are stuck in that same illusion and have been every since they got better at "making beats". We go through this time and time again and it only let's me know who is doing their rightful job when butts get hurt.

Sad man.........I don't think yall type of dudes like anything. It's like yall are robots or some shit. "beep...beep...BEEEEEEEEP.....this. beat. does. not. compute. as. creative.

Post a so called creative beat. Watch that shit be a wack ass song that only beatmakers who spend all of their time making beats like.

Last edited:
He produced 2 tracks on Bow Wow's album, track 2 and track 4.

Both of those sound exactly like I'm Different. Except, he uses an organ instead of a piano. Wack producer IMO.

smh.....................it's 2013......and dudes still think of music like it's 2003. The older you get, the more you will see how things can control your mind to think how you think instead of it being your own personal thoughts. Then you will focus on music you DO like for enjoyment as a human being..instead of thinking in a competitive manner as if people do and don't deserve something due to your misunderstood standards that lead you to shit on cultures. You surely don't think that his music is NOT creative. You compare his work to what you feel is creative (beat wise) in your own illusion. Plenty of people are stuck in that same illusion and have been every since they got better at "making beats". We go through this time and time again and it only let's me know who is doing their rightful job when butts get hurt.

Sad man.........I don't think yall type of dudes like anything. It's like yall are robots or some shit. "beep...beep...BEEEEEEEEP.....this. beat. does. not. compute. as. creative.

Post a so called creative beat. Watch that shit be a wack ass song that only beatmakers who spend all of their time making beats like.

Damn...that is one long ass pseudo intellectual rant!

---------- Post added at 03:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 PM ----------

Oh yeah you're right. I get it now. Given that its the 14th year into the 21st century, that means that creativity in music doesn't matter anymore and quality should just go to shit. I totally get it now. I remember reading this in the Bible.

You make a legitimate point. His music does sound the same. Let's look at the benefits of that.

1. It helps establish his sound and his brand. When you hear one of his songs, you immediately know Dj Mustard did the track. It's very difficult to forge a niche sound in this business. Some producers do it with certain fx (Lex Luger with that pitch up effect, Mike Will with Mike Will drop); some producers do it with their overall sound. That's how Mustard does it. It's how Battlecat does it.

2. His music is mostly party music meaning it's intended for clubs and having a good time. In the industry, this type of music is what's most successful because it sells singles. People hear it in the club and love dancing to it. So Mustard is doing a great job of capturing a certain energy that consumers demand.

A lot of songwriters/producers get too caught up in the creativity of music. They hear a song and think it needs another instrument layer on top; the piano is too simplistic; they would have used a different snare drum. But ultimately what matters is how consumers react to the finished product. Consumers don't always care about what snare was used, or how complex the melody line was. They care about remembering a catchy hook, or being able to dance to the song at a venue. If you're dancing and having a good time at a club, you've likely paid to get into the venue, you've paid for a few drinks, you might have purchased the single from iTunes; all of those actions help the economy in some sense. This is why Ciroc, Vodka, so many alcohol labels have rappers as spokesmen. This is why rappers headline clubs. Business is important.

So when you listen to Dj Mustard, think about the business of the industry as opposed to the creativity of the music. Now, if you're going to go into "People should be in hiphop for the love..." argument, it's a completely different argument and quite naive, imo.

Yea they do all sound the same but you have to understand, this guy created a whold new style! No matter how simple it sounds no one else thought of it. And it makes money! Dreake's 'The Motto' was inspired by it and that song was in the top 5 for month's. He made history and when artist want a DJ Mustard beat they go to him. Create your own style and you can go far!

Yea they do all sound the same but you have to understand, this guy created a whold new style! No matter how simple it sounds no one else thought of it. And it makes money! Dreake's 'The Motto' was inspired by it and that song was in the top 5 for month's. He made history and when artist want a DJ Mustard beat they go to him. Create your own style and you can go far!

He really didn't create that style of beats though. You can find beats like that waaaaay before he came along. Hell even I made a beat that sounded similar to rack city way back in 09. But if you really want to find the source of that sound listen to some west coast dance music.

realistcally all it takes to make a beat is dope sounds and dope drums and dope melodies.. he has that and uses it to his advantage... what he does is extremely easy though...

Fuuck that beat......shit ain't creative......

The rebirth of Lil Jon. Get ready to hear a bunch of O.K's........WHAT........Yeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah" in the near future.

Then...............the genre "crunk" will be born....it's going to sound like this

With Lil Jon vocal samples. wawawawawawawawawaWHATwawawawawawawawawaWHATwawawawawawawawawaWHATwawawawawawawawawaWHATwawawawawawawawawaWHATwawawawawawawawawaWHAT
at 500 bpms......and ain't nothing we can do about it.

Last edited:
lol DJ Mustard sucks. Funny.

---------- Post added at 02:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 PM ----------

realistcally all it takes to make a beat is dope sounds and dope drums and dope melodies.. he has that and uses it to his advantage... what he does is extremely easy though...
10,000$ if you make a beat how creative "I'm 4rm Bompton" is or the beat I just posted

Last edited:
^^^^^lol......post that song as an example of why another beat maker sucks.

...........man I tell ya....smh.

AIN'T NOBODY GOT TIME FOR THAT!!

Last edited:
^^^^^lol......post that song as an example of why another beat maker sucks.

...........man I tell ya....smh.

AIN'T NOBODY GOT TIME FOR THAT!!

lol Rice always on here ranting when I've never heard of him anywhere outside spending hours on one post on Futureproducers while DJ Mustard is getting placements with the biggest artists in the game. Post some of your beats, Rice...........smh.

AIN'T NOBODY GOT TIME TO LISTEN TO ONE OF RICE'S "REAL HIP HOP BEATS"

Shoot!

Dude is making a ton of money off his music. Whether I like his music or not is another story.

But hey, he is young gettin' it, can't hate on that.

Its all about the same sound and its ability to make money. Thats why 95*% of hip hop music in the radio is trap influenced.

With Lil Jon vocal samples. wawawawawawawawawaWHATwawawawawawawawawaWHATwawawawawawawawawaWHATwawawawawawawawawaWHATwawawawawawawawawaWHATwawawawawawawawawaWHAT
at 500 bpms......and ain't nothing we can do about it.

What in the entire F*CK was that?? lolol ish sounded like 5 minutes looped of my DAW when it freezes up.

Back