Developing a Rap Voice

i can hear improvement, you sound more like the beastie boys lol, which imo would probably work with your voice

Haha, that's kinda what I thought. A bit funny, too, because I really like the Beastie Boys, and a band I'm in will actually be doing a cover of No Sleep Till Brooklyn.

DCross said:
lol... yall goin hard on dude...
You gotta listen to the greats, pac, big, big daddy kane, snoop, pun..etc... see how they use their voices as instruments... you gotta ride the beat... intergrate your voice into the music and become a part of the song... build your confidence, and dont worry about your friends...
When I 1st started makin beats people laughed but you use the negativity as fuel and GO Hard!!!

Vocals are very important in hiphop. Some people say its what you say that makes you a good MC but thats not entirely true. A lot of the times it is how you say things. Someone with a different voice than 2pac could have rapped the same thing that 2pac did but its doesn't sound the same coming from just anybody. People have to learn how to put emotions and energy into what they are saying. Also, some people just don't have the voice to rap. Some people are better off writing for people instead of rapping. In my opinion, Kanye West have a garbage voice, but he says some clever things sometimes. I would rather Kanye write and producer for someone than to actually here his voice. Check out Ludacris or Wayne. They have plenty of energy and emotion in there songs but not everyone will be able to do that. KRS-1 is considered to be a hiphop god to some people but I can't stand to hear his voice.

have u ever practiced rapping along to jay z or nas or big pun....try doing that and getting the exact same sound once you can replicate it...you should be able to find your style and voice...

One thing its lacking is emotion i think. Jus keep tryin

Back