Def Jam Did Not Fire “L.A.” Reid, Label Rep Confirms

N.I.BEATS

Rumors have been spreading all day on the Internet that Island Def Jam CEO, Antonio “L.A.” Reid, has been fired from his position at the historic label. the gossip is false.

LA Reid still as a job with Island Def Jam, contrary to recent reports.
“[The rumors] are completely untrue and without merit,” the spokesman told XXLMag.com.

Reid has held the prestigious post since February of 2004 and signed acts like Young Jeezy, Rick Ross and Shyne. He took over Lyor Cohen’s post after he departed for Warner Music.

Def Jam Did Not Fire “L.A.” Reid, Label Rep Confirms

Last edited:
HatersGonnaHatePanda.jpg

I would assume LA is skating on thin ice, but then again, who am I to speculate. I would have replaced him almost a year ago.

Me personally, and this is not taking anything away from LA Reid, because his legacy in this business is virtually unmatched for the most part, however I personally never felt he is a good "fit" for the def jam brand per se. I get why they may have brought him in, given his success in the pop music world and what have you but that is not def jam lane of business, thus they should brought someone more in tune with that, not neccessarily an artist but someone who has the pulse of that lane.

Back