David Geffen: 'I'd Kill Myself' Rather Than Get Into Music Business Today

Looking at elvis and two boys getting in is not a good analogy, lol.
It will be apart of normal life 20 years from now, the word already said so.
That is why more than ever. you got have your spiritual warfare in check cause...

In the last days,

For men will be lovers of self,
lovers of money,
boastful,
arrogant,
revilers,
disobedient to parents,
ungrateful,
unholy,
unloving,
irreconcilable,
malicious gossips,
without self-control,
brutal,
haters of good,
treacherous,
reckless,
conceited,
lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God,

So the choose is yours, You can with this or you can get with that.
But the choice is YOURS!

---------- Post added at 07:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 PM ----------

I hear u fam! Stick with what u know and what's been good to your family. I don't get these cats its like they have something to prove by entering into arguments trying to assert man's failed logic, when faith is not about logic, it all about belief. You either believe or you don't. I believe and because of my beliefs I can say go about yo business i wish u peace to the nonbeliever.

Totally agree, Keep Standing Bro!

Last edited:
here's what i'm getting at:

everything you're saying has already been said before in different situations that happened in the past, and at the end of the day, none of this bad sh*t anybody else preached ever happened, and truthfully, not alot really changed. it's pretty clear you're overreacting. the best thing if you're so worried about it is educate your kids. or you could treat them like hardcore christians treat their kids if that's more your style.

You stand for what you beleive in. It is not overreacting when you discussing an issue.
If you choose to do be gay,. Just remember, there are consequences for everything in life.

Looking at elvis and two boys getting in is not a good analogy, lol.
It will be apart of normal life 20 years from now, the word already said so.
That is why more than ever. you got have your spiritual warfare in check cause...

In the last days,

For men will be lovers of self,
lovers of money,
boastful,
arrogant,
revilers,
disobedient to parents,
ungrateful,
unholy,
unloving,
irreconcilable,
malicious gossips,
without self-control,
brutal,
haters of good,
treacherous,
reckless,
conceited,
lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God,

So the choose is yours, You can with this or you can get with that.
But the choice is YOURS!

---------- Post added at 07:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 PM ----------

Totally agree, Keep Standing Bro!

The world was supposed to end how many times now? 2000, 2006, some preacher guy said again 2010 so I'm not taking much stock in people predicting the end of the world. Besides even The Bible says that man will not know the day nor hour of the end

i'll never understand the whole fascination people have with gays. i don't care what gay people are doing as long as they're not touching me. and if i was a christian, why would i care if they were going to heaven or hell? that's god and their concern, not yours and mine.

I would only be concerned about making money as a record executive.

Whatever brought in the money is the thing that I would push to the masses.

Anybody's moral outrage would be their own problem to sort out.

What are you worried about? You worry to much. - Joe Pecsi Goodfellas Movie

Do you! Can't say you were never told anything. So that excuse can't be used. If we (Christians) are wrong - No harm No Foul -No repercussions happens. But, if you are WRONG, maaaaaan - I feel for you, lol

So, if you were a betting man. the odds are way on our side (Christians).
I rather be safe than sorry, u think?

Last edited:
If I were an exec, I would receive daily death threats.

I would have an all-gay roster openly singing about homosexual love and lust. All videos would feature intimate gay scenes.

Then I would kill myself.

LOL that would be epic!

Not the killing yourself part haha.

But I mean if the dude feels this way
then he could be my guest and do it.

Don't talk bout it be about it! Lol.

but Nah, the music industry is just in a stage
of being reborn. I believe like all things it
will come back stronger than ever to benefit
the Indies rather than the bloodsucking Execs.

It don't rain forever! Remember that!

LOL that would be epic!

Not the killing yourself part haha.

But I mean if the dude feels this way
then he could be my guest and do it.

Don't talk bout it be about it! Lol.

but Nah, the music industry is just in a stage
of being reborn. I believe like all things it
will come back stronger than ever to benefit
the Indies rather than the bloodsucking Execs.

It don't rain forever! Remember that!

Seriously, gay pop acts are going to be the next big thing. People are worrying too much about formats and other stuff. The industry needs excitement and gay people have that raw energy, controversy, and excitement. They are an untapped market that needs to be heavily exploited for profit.

i think i'll chime in here...because i'm thoroughly entertained at the direction of this thread.

Homeless people, former abused children, recovering drug addicts/dealers, banished family members, recently fired folk, unfortunate souls who get cheated on, gays, and pretty much anybody who gets shit on in our society are capable of bringing forth some of the most groundbreaking creative energy...especially these days. Here's what happens:

Our popular culture is now founded on personal exposure and vulnerability. I agree with those who believe that the industry is in a lull these days, however it's already been reborn into an environment that supports those who can take their struggle by the reigns and be an inspiration for people in the same position. Further, artists now act as vehicles to awaken their base...not just sell to it. It's why Adele racked up, Nicki got popular, and Frank Ocean will break the grammy record. Watch. Huge artists don't have simple fans anymore; they have armies and activists.

For any of you who think that the reality television/social networking culture has been by accident, think again. It's blatantly been a constant and thorough effort to essentially re-prime the population for what is to come. It won't be just about gay artists, but gay artists who know how to buck up against not the surface of their struggle...but the essence. Adele did it with heartbreak and connected to the deeper souls of her base: extremely heartbroken fukks. Frank will now do something similar to gays who struggle with desiring to chase this popular sensation of falling in love vs. simply leaving earth based on self disgust (seeded on a societal conception of morality). Listen closely: Nicki connects with the souls of schizophrenics.

There won't be a 'gay' wave. Instead, there will continue to be a wave of music that completely connects with the souls of an intended (and usually silenced) base who commonly experiences a particular, yet popular problem. There will eventually be an anti-war artist who makes music specifically catered to those who have been shyt on by war. The artist will stop wars. There will be a religious zealot who makes religious music on steroids to not just sell to their base, but mobilize it.

Labels used to artificially create 'misfits', and unintentionally cultivated an entire generation that breeds actual 'misfits' and followers of misfits. The 'misfits' have now taken control and Mark Zuckerberg fk'd around and gave them a voice. David Geffen and other once powerful execs don't like this because their trade of creating/selling misfits and characters is now obsolete. Their once comfortable and controlled entertainment arena is now a much bigger and influential social coliseum...controlled by the masses.

i think i'll chime in here...because i'm thoroughly entertained at the direction of this thread.

Homeless people, former abused children, recovering drug addicts/dealers, banished family members, recently fired folk, unfortunate souls who get cheated on, gays, and pretty much anybody who gets shit on in our society are capable of bringing forth some of the most groundbreaking creative energy...especially these days. Here's what happens:

Our popular culture is now founded on personal exposure and vulnerability. I agree with those who believe that the industry is in a lull these days, however it's already been reborn into an environment that supports those who can take their struggle by the reigns and be an inspiration for people in the same position. Further, artists now act as vehicles to awaken their base...not just sell to it. It's why Adele racked up, Nicki got popular, and Frank Ocean will break the grammy record. Watch. Huge artists don't have simple fans anymore; they have armies and activists.

For any of you who think that the reality television/social networking culture has been by accident, think again. It's blatantly been a constant and thorough effort to essentially re-prime the population for what is to come. It won't be just about gay artists, but gay artists who know how to buck up against not the surface of their struggle...but the essence. Adele did it with heartbreak and connected to the deeper souls of her base: extremely heartbroken fukks. Frank will now do something similar to gays who struggle with desiring to chase this popular sensation of falling in love vs. simply leaving earth based on self disgust (seeded on a societal conception of morality). Listen closely: Nicki connects with the souls of schizophrenics.

There won't be a 'gay' wave. Instead, there will continue to be a wave of music that completely connects with the souls of an intended (and usually silenced) base who commonly experiences a particular, yet popular problem. There will eventually be an anti-war artist who makes music specifically catered to those who have been shyt on by war. The artist will stop wars. There will be a religious zealot who makes religious music on steroids to not just sell to their base, but mobilize it.

Labels used to artificially create 'misfits', and unintentionally cultivated an entire generation that breeds actual 'misfits' and followers of misfits. The 'misfits' have now taken control and Mark Zuckerberg fk'd around and gave them a voice. David Geffen and other once powerful execs don't like this because their trade of creating/selling misfits and characters is now obsolete. Their once comfortable and controlled entertainment arena is now a much bigger and influential social coliseum...controlled by the masses.

in a word...INFLUENCE is the new capital of The New Music Industry. Gain INFLUENCE, and you gain THE WORLD.

Hot damn, that's a new quote for my tumblr. :cheers:

www.TROUPGenius.tumblr.com

What he was actually trying to say is that "conformism" isn't the key anymore. You don't have to follow trends which were created by "feeding" you artists which intentionally were "outside of the norm".

"Reality is stranger than fiction" - there are way more strange people "outside of the norm", than the industry used to tell you. But the industry was the only "organ" in the media which showed you these "freaks" and "outcasts".

Now you have literally 100s of millions of people with different styles, looks, talents and ideologies and it turns out, that a Lady Gaga is "normal" among the "weird ones" and that there are way better amateur singers than you will ever hear on a major label, etc...

The music industry isn't the only organisation anymore which can spot or produce these "anomalies" and "outcasts"; they are already out there, there are MILLIONS of them and now, with digital media and distribution, they have a voice which is louder than the efforts of huge media conglomerates.

Back