Damn, RIP Nate Dogg.

I hate waking up in the manana only to see that kind of news! RIP Nate Dogg aka "The Soulman of G-Funk".

Nate was the original hook man. He had soul and brought life to every track he was on. Slept on and under appreciated, Nate had a unique voice that could never be duplicated.

Man im from cali. started high school in 92, when the west was just really heatin up and gettin its stranglehold on the game. First song Nate really got my attention in was aint no fun. Was on his music ever since. From 9th grade until about 4 years after i got out the air force, nate was the soundtrack to my life. he was on so many hits and sun so many hooks that he gone live forever. u will be missed big homie!!

Nate pioneered a whole new lane for the Butch Cassidy's and T Pain's of the world.

Definately made a lot songs better than they would've been with the artists doing the hook. Sad ish.

Guru, Nate... seems like they suffered for a minute. I want to go out in the middle of the night dreaming about something good.

Yeah... we don't get to pick though...

I need to find some happy news.

Good luck finding that bro. Best not to check out news at all LOL. But anywho, don't want to make it into a depressing thread. Just came to pay respect to a legend.

Saw this .... reminded me of the Kool Herc situation ...

His longtime friend and collaborator Warren G appealed to fans in November asking them to help contribute to the star's medical costs as he underwent a lengthy rehabilitation process to regain the ability to walk and talk.

Back