Da good old shit!

Alright, can't stop myself anymore. You guys keep posting this new stuff and don't get me wrong, there's some propper stuff in there, but c'mon...
Shit like zaytoven?
Am I just an old geezer? Has taste changed that much?
Anyway, I'm gonna try to hold myself back a bit but I'll be posting good old beauties to hopefully enrich some of your new skool bangers!

Starting with this beauty :D

Anyway, hope some of you other old geezers post some good old gems! :victory:

---------- Post added at 11:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 PM ----------

AAAyyayayayaya SWWEEEEETTTT

Lalalalallalal :monkey:

---------- Post added at 11:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 PM ----------

Man , was already scared for this shit, can't stop anymore :p
Somebody's gotta teach those blasphemists !

---------- Post added at 11:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 PM ----------

alright, after this one I'll take a break of at least 1 day :p

Post da good old stuff peeps! Gotta get some balance outta here! :D

If you gonna mention De La, u got mention tribe:

Plus I give u some Diggable:

But seriously they got some decent cats out today, u just keep yo ears open.

I keep my ears open yeah, I just hope ppl keep sharing, there's so much out there. It's simply impossible to hear everything :D
Nice adds btw :victory:
Wouldn't mind hearing more jazz influences back nowadays.

By the way, guess I'm on dutch time over here, it's 4 past 00:00 , so I can post another one I'd say :D

Another beauty :D

Last edited:
i like old rap better, i think a lot of it has to do with the tightening of sample clearances/huge cost of clearing samples. a lot of the 90s rap couldn't exist now in the mainstream for legal reasons.

i like old rap better, i think a lot of it has to do with the tightening of sample clearances/huge cost of clearing samples. a lot of the 90s rap couldn't exist now in the mainstream for legal reasons.
This. I agree.
One for the road. Its not ol ol school, but if u ol school u know the hiero crew. Pep luv slays this track:

I'm old school too.....but I'm too young to diss the young guys music.

One of my favorite songs and I'm a cornbread and pigfeet eating ass dude.

And yet, another add :D

If this is actual oldskool is debateable I guess, it sure does has the feel!!!!

If some ppl can post some newbies making quality stuff like the old days, np! I'd be happy about that :D
I'd be happy seeing some more real oldskool youtubes in here as well!
Just sharing some of the quality oldskool shit. Don't wanna diss too much on others but I just really don't feel peeps like Zaytoven, Soulja boy, Lex Luger and a few more of those, AT ALL! :(
Guess it's a question of preference. These guys must be doing something right as they're reaching millioins, but hey, so is Bieber!
Anyway, share the good old stuff peeps!

Too bad of the poor quality, but hey, gotta look past that if you post gems like these :victory:

---------- Post added at 08:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 PM ----------

Seriously, this shit isn't made anymore... :(
Not this good... This meaningful.... These peeps were actual gurus imo
Plz prove me wrong if this is still being made, enlighten me, I just can't see it. As I said, there's good shit out there , but this good?
Of course, some of them are still producing.

---------- Post added 06-22-2012 at 02:47 PM ---------- Previous post was 06-21-2012 at 08:17 PM ----------

Bit of a far fetch? Dun care, it's dope!

---------- Post added at 02:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:47 PM ----------

Screw it, let's get Big L in there as well :victory:

Last edited:
Okay a couple for the road:

Some folk don't know that Atl and Miami bass in the 90s came from Bambaata. Listen to planet rock closely and you'll hear the foundation of a lot of stuff:

no samples!

And another one , man, what would I love to time travel....

---------- Post added at 01:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 PM ----------

2 more :D

---------- Post added at 01:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:48 PM ----------

Can't let this one out either :D
Mistadobalina mista bob dobalina lalalallalalalallla

Bump :cool:
With all this modern trap crap, thought it'd be nice to bump this post with some good old hiphop, when lyrics actually meant something :p

Back