could a white rapper ever reach a status like tupac ?

DjPolair

i mean speakin hypothetically, I know its almost impossible for any person but do you think it could be possible to at least be considered ''up there''

naw dude i mean like a revolutioanry guy with social critic lyrics like immortal technique, that direction at least

the rebel against what ...I'm not racist but what would the "white" rapper have to rebel against???
just asking...
social injustice??
racism??
poverty????

Christ is King

Last edited:
the rebel against what ...I'm not racist but what would the "white" rapper have to rebel against???
just asking...
social injustice??
racism??
poverty????

Christ is King

white people can see war too in poor country's, or get ripped off by bankers, or get robbed for 20 F-cking dollars (still angry) you get my point tho..

just asking...
social injustice??
racism??
poverty????

Christ is King

lol I know you didn't mean it like that but that sounds really ignorant.

There will NEVER anyone who can do what Amaru did, how he did it. He, like so few others, is a singularity.

I would recommend that you spend some time searching for white rappers and check what they doin' and how they do it.

There's some serious caucasian MCs out there: Aesop Rock, Rob Sonic, El P, Cage, Yak Ballz (his older work, anyway)...each of this guys is against the system.

Even though some listeners would take him as a joke, MC Chris has been doin' it for years. He's rebel.

There was this cat a few years ago named Brother Ali...albino muslim from the midwest. Yeah, for realz.

Explore. And don't just check out American MCs...check Europe. That's where caucasians came from.

The internet is your friend in this case.

Peace.

White people can be rebels.... but not in the same way as Tupac lol.

Due to the post-traumatic effects of slavery caused by the decisions of white peoples ancestors, white people don't have as much to rebel against as black people.

So... whereas Eminem is wwaaayyyy up there, he can't be seen as a "tupac status" to a black man unfortunately. He doesn't share the basis of our struggle: skin color. He's great though... we share most other struggles, just not that key one. But he definitely is "tupac status" to a white listener.

So to answer the question... it depends on who the listener is.

---------- Post added at 09:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 AM ----------

just asking...
social injustice??
racism??
poverty????

Christ is King

This comment isn't as bad as some of you are trying to make it out to be.

Of course white people have things to rebel against. But what I think he's really getting at is slavery has caused an extra layer of struggle for black people, hence we have additional things we NEED to rebel against. If you need proof, look at the blatant level of utter disrespect our president has taken in his term. Whether u agree with his policies or not is a different discussion... but the level of disrespect is quite obvious.

What he's trying to say is, white people don't get pulled over for driving while black lol. This ain't a myth.. two weeks ago I had two cops damn near do an ATF sting operation on me while I was trying to park in a white neighborhood. They WISHED they had a reason to mess with me, but unfortunately for them my plates are clean. :)

Last edited:
Eminem has reached Tupac status, he has pretty much set the bar for white rappers coming up after him so idk what this question is really about. Because he is considered "up there"

eminem is not tupac status, he's up there but not on pac's level DUDE open your eyes, still conspyracy's going on, his song have millions of views even 15 years after his death, news shows show pictures of look alikes of pac, people are paranoid he's in cuba and will return in 2014, pac changed a whole state of the black community in the states and he is much more than a rapper, a poet, a teacher, a revolutionary, when eminem is really just a rapper, NOT downtalkin em in anyway he's a legend but you might got my point by now

---------- Post added at 09:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 AM ----------

I know plenty of white people that live in poverty

exactly, and pac was a damn millionaire when he still rapped about poverty

I get your point. Eminem is a revolutionary, in a different way but he did come into the game and revolutionize white rap. Pac was a millionare and rapped about poverty, eminem was a millionare and still rapped about living in trailer parks, dont really get your point there.

I get your point. Eminem is a revolutionary, in a different way but he did come into the game and revolutionize white rap. Pac was a millionare and rapped about poverty, eminem was a millionare and still rapped about living in trailer parks, dont really get your point there.

ok ill explain my point, you don't need to be a 12 year old girl and get raped to talk about it, you don't need to be a child soldier in africa to rap about it, get my point ?
even if you have somewhat of a better live you can still ''help'' and make aware. Che Guevara was a f-cking doctor and made a living, while travelling he saw poverty and fought against it, che guevara, that's me, in this case.

eminem is not tupac status, he's up there but not on pac's level DUDE open your eyes, still conspyracy's going on, his song have millions of views even 15 years after his death, news shows show pictures of look alikes of pac, people are paranoid he's in cuba and will return in 2014, pac changed a whole state of the black community in the states and he is much more than a rapper, a poet, a teacher, a revolutionary, when eminem is really just a rapper, NOT downtalkin em in anyway he's a legend but you might got my point by now

---------- Post added at 09:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 AM ----------

exactly, and pac was a damn millionaire when he still rapped about poverty

quite truthfully the only difference I see is that Pac is dead and em is not. the pics of look a likes, theories of he's in Cuba, he's still alive and all that stuff is the result of him being dead. To a lot of people em is a rapper, a poet, a teacher and a revolutionary. He changed the state of the white community for people under 50. Just like Pac did for black people under 50

The name 2Pac without raps and records is worth more than any rapper will ever maker......ever. Like Bob Marley......people don't even listen to reggae and have Bob Markley stuff all over the place. The same with 2Pac. To most Bob Marley represents Marijuana........they don't know his history. To most 2Pac represents thug life......they don't know his history.

Eminem? Nah....that's just a rapper and entertainer....nothing more....I feel safe saying ever more.

No matter how you feel about this song

It became more than a song. It's a song with real meaning. Straight forward.....understandable....and straight to the point. Fuuck some got damn multi-syllables and shit. Pac spoke muthafuuckin English.

Last edited:
Back