Construction Kits: The Verdict?

opinions on them? thinking of selling my own but don't really know if people actually buy them. I know a whole bunch of EDM producers that **** with them heavy, is it more acceptable for edm producers to use them rather than hip hop producers? should I make EDM construction kits instead?

I'll take a guitar loop from a construction kit in a heart beat.......might even chop the drums up if they sound good with the guitar.

I'll take a bassline from a construction kit......use it as is (or add a wah to funk it up)...forget the rest of the kit.

I'll use a funky ass drum construction and arrange a song without chopping them...forget the rest of the sounds in the song folder.

I've never used the whole construction kit and used it as is.....just the solo stems from them. "ONLY BECAUSE I CAN'T PLAY THE INSTRUMENTS." I wouldn't dare use a bass guitar loop if I had a "bass guitar". Wouldn't dare use a sax loop if I had a sax....ect.

Now............I hate the fact maybe interested for what I've been telling them about all this time............but I ain't telling you nothing about where the good stuff is. Because I don't want to hear people's construction kit beats that are not transformed into somehing unique.....posting the shit on soundcloud and shit....no description mentioning it's 100% from a construction kit. But hey.......get a placement...sell the beat........shit.....dudes be making wack ass beats and wonder why they don't sell beats.....CONSTRUCTION KITS ARE FOR YOU!!!! Just have to have an ear of what sounds good music wise and quality wise. Because people will sell you some crap that may sound good quality wise...but music wise it's no good....and vice versa...(as far as actually using the construction kit). Use whatever if it's for creative purposes....like glitching the shit out of a synth line or something. Dubstep construction kits are what sells....because these little teenagers want to impress people with their Skrillex poser shit.....they can't make a bassline worth a damn without them.....or the massive presets. lmao! Hell... you can be a good for nothing type dude and buy a massive dubstep bass pack.....retweak them....and resell them. Advertise the hell out of that shit. THe original makers would never know. Cha-ching!!! :bigeyes: $$$$$$$$

Last edited:
Only people like the guy above care......do they really matter to you....or a good product for an artist.....money in your pocket?

Nobody cares about personal skills except people that don't really matter.

You made a beat and it's dope.......the rapper gets credit for all of it......doesn't matter that it says produced by you.....you ain't shit. They ain't asking you to show up at 106 and Park. THe crowd clapping for the artist......and it can go two ways for you......the artist can be like "yeah man..the song was produced by some no named dude"....no reaction from the crowd. Or hr can be like "thanks for liking the song yall..and GIVE A BIG SHOUT OUT FOR THE GUY WHO MADE THE BEAT..MR.NO NAME.......crowd goes wild. TOo bad artist don't give a fuuck about your skills or how much work it took you to design a synth that you could've found a better one in a construction kit...would've took 5 minutes.....but....noooooooooooo.....you spent 2 days trying to get it exactly right.....for an artist who don't give a shit about you. lmao...you can be in the studio making a fresh beat from scratch desplaying all of your genius....play keys like you Beethoven himself..played the drums live...hire an orchestra to play your strings......it's all free lunch for the artist.

You'll be surprised at how many hits were made....using construction kits or a loop. lol! I hear the shit a lot and laugh. And it's even funnier seeing nobodies get pissed when a producer do it.....trying to expose the producer...little pussies....mad cause nobody care about your shit you worked hard for....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!! And that producer would kick everybody ass in a battle in whatever the fuuck you want to do. lmao! Real talk.

Take that....UHHHHH......sssss...UHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Last edited:
If you aim a little bit higher, ppl care, ppl gonna laugh at You..

---------- Post added at 05:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:47 AM ----------

Talking about battle? Lets go for it then

---------- Post added at 05:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 AM ----------

Nvm, theres no Point to battle a person thats Gonna use other ppls music, loops that other producers created, re-arranged By you, thats Just sad

Among the many choices of sounds, sources, tones and workflows, your Drum Works will most likely be a tentative truce between letting your tools influence your sonic footprint and letting your producer’s ear create the final sound. It’s the difference between being a hack and hacking your way through your production tasks. How much help is too much help? Where’s the me in all these loops?

Drum Works II: The Ideology of Loops « Producer's Edge

---------- Post added at 08:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 AM ----------

Using Construction Kits in your Production (loops of music phrases etc…) « Producer's Edge

I feel every artist/musician has to decide for themselves that amount of creativity/control they need to have in their music to feel “right” about it.
That’s balanced with the “Arrogance of Isolation” where someone thinks they have so much…talent or magic to offer that they must compose or create everything themselves.
“producers” have twisted the definition of Producer into One Man Band.

Rice and Griffin got it right. who cares. I just use construction kits as session musicians that I don't have. I add my touches and my changes. My drops, my filters etc... The end product is my sound.

Contruction kit and unique in the same sentense LOL
loops makes e wanna cry...dont call yourselfs producers for re-arranging loops
\
I agree with this guy completely... You guys just want to be beatmakers if your taking the loops and making a beat out of them.. Producers before us never did that.. that shit aint cool... if you strive to be on the internet all the time making beats and selling them to pitiful artists, sure use those contruction kits.. but if you want to be considered a legit producer.. you cant be taken seriously if your pulling bullshit like that lol... it all depends what your future plans are... if you wanna be an internet beatmaker sure take the loops.. your only hurting your growth because your not being as creative as you could be but if you want to be considered a producer.. there's NO place for this IMO

\
I agree with this guy completely... You guys just want to be beatmakers if your taking the loops and making a beat out of them.. Producers before us never did that.. that shit aint cool... if you strive to be on the internet all the time making beats and selling them to pitiful artists, sure use those contruction kits.. but if you want to be considered a legit producer.. you cant be taken seriously if your pulling bullshit like that lol... it all depends what your future plans are... if you wanna be an internet beatmaker sure take the loops.. your only hurting your growth because your not being as creative as you could be but if you want to be considered a producer.. there's NO place for this IMO

what's the difference between using a guitar loop from a construction kit and hiring a session guitarist? both times it's not you actually playing the instrument.

nuff said......I don't want nan day of that shit in a battle......(runs like hell)...."blum blum..blum...meeep....meeep.....peeewwwwn"

Producers before us never did that..
You need to research the production history of the genre you are trying so hard to be a purist in.

if you strive to be on the internet all the time making beats and selling them to pitiful artists, sure use those contruction kits..
It would be wonderful if the WAY I MAKE MY MUSIC had any impact on the BUSINESS after it's done.

your not being as creative as you could be but if you want to be considered a producer..
Except it's NOT OTHER PRODUCERS that decide whether or not you're a producer or creative or...legit.

You are a producer when you produce records. You are a beatsmith when you specialize in the instrumentation.
Sell a lot of records,; you'll probably be considered a great producer. Sell only a few then...not so great.
Sell a lot of beats, you sell a lot of beats.
You can be a producer and never make a beat. You can sell hundreds of beats and not be a producer.

Worrying and judging the workflow of someone else is a personal thing.

Pick you spot and have fun standing in it.
Just don't tell me where to stand.

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of loops, If i get a construction kit it's to get the one-shot samples..that's it.

Back