Common's view on interracial relationships

I see black guys going out with white girls all the time but the girl is usually
some girl with low self-esteem that looks like a slut.

I agree with Common. Your a coon if you date outside your race. Plain and Simple. Sex is just Sex (pleasure). Relationships are so much more. What do you have in common with a white girl? Can white people relate to our experiences in America?

Black Panther said:
I agree with Common. Your a coon if you date outside your race. Plain and Simple. Sex is just Sex (pleasure). Relationships are so much more. What do you have in common with a white girl? Can white people relate to our experiences in America?

has someone created a new user name just to say this?

Phonte called out nyggas with dreads too though.

I don't see anything wrong with interracial dating until you choose to EXCLUSIVELY date outside of your race.

That's just self-hatred on some real shyt.

i think its weird if you would only exclusively date people outside of your race...

without mixed relationships we wouldn't have the megan goods, the rosario dawsons, the halle berrys, etc...

Common is a hypocrite but I still like his music...

Peace

most rappers are hypocites...and the majority of cats with dreads, treat it as just a hair style.

As far as the interracial thing..
as long as its pink when she bend ova and buss' it open..she cool wit me...:D

Last edited by a moderator:
dj rreal said:
What about the black gurls with the white guys??????

What about da Meskin guy with da black gurls?????

Not a damn thing wrong with that.

I tell black women all the time to expand their options if they're meeting so many triflin' ass black men. Shyt I blame them for catching on so late to what we've been doing for decades.

being proud of your race is complete bull****. its not something you've chosen or accomplished. ****ed that ****.

im mixed btw.

Common is an idiot. These were the same rants that Whites had during the 40's - 60's.

By the way, I love latin women.

Why do people care wtf Common and Kanye or any other MF that makes music thinks on a personal level?

It's like saying "I don't like ODB's music because he did drugs..." Phuck that BROOKLYN ZOOHHH!!!!

Let Common phuck who he wants to phuck. Let Kanye spew his political views... live "your" life....

It the immortal words of Young Jeezy...

"CHHHEYYYYYEEEAAHHHH"

biggrome said:
Why do people care wtf Common and Kanye or any other MF that makes music thinks on a personal level?

It's like saying "I don't like ODB's music because he did drugs..." Phuck that BROOKLYN ZOOHHH!!!!

Let Common phuck who he wants to phuck. Let Kanye spew his political views... live "your" life....

It the immortal words of Young Jeezy...

"CHHHEYYYYYEEEAAHHHH"

Yeah but Rome that's the thing, I disagree with what Common is saying but I still love his music, I'm not going to let his views change that.

I think people are getting side tracked here.... I think he is referring majority to rastas who are so called "pro black" what is a pro black nigga dating white women? If your just rockin the hairstyle them that's cool dont call yourself a rasta if you dont follow the rules..but i dont see nothing wrong with interracial dating.And I dont see anything wrong with say a black girl only dating white man,how the **** is that self hatred if she prefers just white man and not her own..why cant it be just her preference? dumb %ss niggas on this site man lol....And the darker or lighter they are the pinker the meat is baby!! for real who says we have to date in our race at all? no one you damn fools.. I give any race a chance, i just dont like loud/ghetto girls. And any race can be loud/ghetto that title is not just for Shanika on 103rd Hastled so dont even try and say that!

it's kinda sad that even an concious rapper can't see more than skin deep.

what would be said if, let's say Paul Wall, would imply that he only dates white chicks cos other way he would consider it selfhatred?

Never gotten this whole "concious rapper" bull****, i mean, if you want knowledge, read a book, instead of listening to a three minute song ffs.

As for Common being a hipocrite(sp?), thats nothing new... i mean, the man goes on stage in Kbh. and spits all this i'm-realer-than-real-supreme-knowledge-bull**** and as soon as he gets off stage he's getting high on Amph and clubbing with some very young white girls

JSDM said:
And I dont see anything wrong with say a black girl only dating white man,how the **** is that self hatred if she prefers just white man and not her own..why cant it be just her preference? dumb %ss niggas on this site man lol....And the darker or lighter they are the pinker the meat is baby!! for real who says we have to date in our race at all? no one you damn fools..

I'm gonna try and keep this response civil....just for once. I have a question....

What in the world could possibly lead someone to choose to NEVER date within his/her own race? Please don't give me that naive "we're all human" fable because I'm SOOOOOOO READY to label you as either a straight dumbass, a wigger who's still in search of his identity even at the age of 33, or my personal favorite...

Just another prime example of a token ass negro....

Okay so I lied about the civil part. :) I just find it funny how so many people are quick to call someone racist for choosing not to date outside of his/her race, but it's cool if they never date their own peeps.

Back