Colin wolfe- dr. Dre's ghost producer

My only question is, can be possible to create an album by yourself? If you had the publishing, distribution, promotion ect all in place, do you HAVE to have ghost writers, ghost producers ect with you to make the album? If you know how to write, produce and perform, and all you need is an engineer, can't you just get that guy to help you with the album, and leave out the rest of the people?

My only question is, can be possible to create an album by yourself? If you had the publishing, distribution, promotion ect all in place, do you HAVE to have ghost writers, ghost producers ect with you to make the album? If you know how to write, produce and perform, and all you need is an engineer, can't you just get that guy to help you with the album, and leave out the rest of the people?

Yes. Plenty of artists do it. Hell, I know people who engineer their own albums too. Complete one person show. And are doing pretty well for themselves.

But as any artist will tell you, when you get the right people in a room, it's a certain magic that happens. Other artists creativity brings a certain special sauce to the sessions that wouldn't be there if they weren't there.

Collaborations are great. I love them. As long as it's with great artists who are equally passionate about the art.

Nothing is worse than people that keep trying to add shitty ideas to the song. lol

a) hasn't Dre got a million dollar empire to run and can't spend his time posting on forums.

b) if this is the real Dre, why isn't everyone mobbing him? People a lot less famous get a hell of a lot more attention.

Last edited:
Mike Dean stole my 808............fuuck was I thinking......who remember when he asked for the best 808?

a) hasn't Dre got a million dollar empire to run and can't spend his time posting on forums.

b) if this is the real Dre, why isn't everyone mobbing him? People a lot less famous get a hell of a lot more attention.

a) Why you think he has less than 300 posts in over 3 years?

b) Private message, he will respond if the stars are aligned

People like you are the reason the big dogs don't engage a lot on here. Don't make me call in Timbaland, he a call you out on some Norfolk, Virginia shit.

WAS producer

He wasn't a ghost producer or even a producer. He was a session musician.

There are so many great session musicians that played on so many hit records with no royalties or fame to speak of other than recollections and validation from the artists themselves. But it is no big deal.

Many of these guys last in the industry behind the scenes long after most of the guys in the limelight fade away.

He has been credited for his work, more so later on. He did do some production on NIGGAZ4Life and The Chronic. Source: I actually talk to the man.

Back