Choices, Choices, Choices

• Thread starter NfamusFireStarta
  • Start date
N

NfamusFireStarta

I've been makin beats for awhile now with Reason/Recycle/CoolEdit combo, and im considerin mixing in hardware wit it slowly. I try to go to the guitar center once in awhile to see what pieces I'm feelin, but im the type of dude where i need to concentrate. Its hard for me to really focus when somebody next to you thinks they are Chopin on the keys and a million and one other things are goin on. My question is this...What setup would make the most since? I'm more into sampling so would it be better to get an MPC 2000xl wit a motif 6 or get the mpc a cheaper keyboard like a mo phatt wit a motif rack. Or any setup that would be better for my particular sound. My beats are pretty much underground wit a lot of bass to it. Somethin like Slum or some ish Common would rap to. How is the Yamaha RS-7000.
Thanx in Advance

Sorry i kinda jumped all over the place wit questions, lol

my vibe on the mpc and the rs7000 is that they are for live work predominately. great for live work. might be a slight lack of features in the studio but a hiuge amount of fun which hey is avital ingredient so why not use them in the studio.

doohhhhh great, i turn my answer into a question. :p

No!

Don't listen to this cat. The mpc is not predominately for live use. It's used to be the center of your studio, hence the name, Midi Production Center..Since you're more into samplers, go with that. But the Motif is hard too..I'm getting that this week to replace my Triton

Yea from the way your talking about your style and what you will be using your gear for i would go with a Mpc and a cheaper keyboard cause right now it dont look like your into the keyz that much..i havee Mpc xl and Motif and i step to the game thinking no samples first and everything else second and it looks like your doing it the other way around. so go with a good seq that fits you and a cheap keyboard

PROTator said:
why would you replace your triton with a motif?

Some people are pretty stupid when it comes to this whole Trion/Motif thing.

Just because The Neptunes use it and have 100 hits on the radio everyone claims that the Triton's sounds are outdated...

Maybe it's because some people are too ****ing lazy to edit a preset!!!!

I just wanna know what these dumb F$%KS are gonna do when they realize that the MOTIF's sounds are also pretty much all over the radio?????

Are you gonna revert back to Casio keyboards???

WELL if u save up alot of money and u want to hit that professinal quality i would get the triton becase it dose alot of things so think about that first but i would pick the mpc 2000

Last edited by a moderator:
you can't really mix in hardware with Reason.
I suggest also looking into Cubase or Sonar or something similar.

Motif

Sleepryte, shut up!

I'm sampling all my favorite sounds out of the triton because I don't really need it's functions since I got the Mpc. It's an excellent keyboard but I've always wanted to get a Motif. Plus, I'm able to get some sound roms wth the money left over. I don't feel the sounds are updated at all..just wanted to try something new..Is that allright with you, Sleepryte?

help help help!! i need hell hooking up midid cords and cables from my triton ,,to my mpc,, and then to my cubase system 4.. ive tried several thangs but cant get it to hook up just right..

i use the fantom s and the mpc 2000. well i love my fantom so i do most of my work on that, i havent touched the mpc in months.

i used to use reason as well and i suggest moving to hardwear, simply because its more fun making music on hardwear, and most of us wont make it bigg so this should be all about fun for you, so if you have some extra money pick up some hardwear just for the hell of it.

Back