Charlamagne's Take On Nelly's Arrest

I ain't a fan of Tha God or any other TMZ-style journalist in Hip Hop but the man's got a point as far as rappers needing to grow up. Funny how cats swear up and down they love grinding hard for that money their massas reward them with but get legally jammed up in the massas judicial system.

It's obvious this guy is miserable. All he does is talk about other people while he himself has accomplished nothing. I can tell he is getting tired of doing it. No one asks him what his new projects are, they just ask him for his opinion on people more relevant than him. Lmfao

If Nelly or anyone for that matter wants to ride with drugs and choppers they should do so and pay the consequences If they get caught. Nelly a goof for being unable to finess hiself outta that situation.

Charlamagne has a point. Nelly is too old for that mess. I'm sorry it's too stupid to get caught up with that.

Charlemagne is from around my way. I remember when he was an intern at a radio station here in South Carolina working radio for free. I actually know the guys who gave him his start. Although I don't know him personally, I know his story and have seen him regularly because he never forgets where he comes from. To say he has accomplished nothing and is miserable must mean that you actually know him and where he comes from, what he has gone through in his life and career prior to his current status as part of Breakfast Club such as intern to local radio to having his own show on local radio to a spot on the Wendy Williams radio show to radio in Philly, to MTV, to the Breakfast Club on New York radio, to syndication on IHeart radio as well as Revolt TV, traveling the world hosting parties etc. He is in talk radio. Giving opinions about others who state of relevance depends on who you ask, is what he gets paid to do, unlike those who do it for free on forums and social media and criticize him for making a career out of it. If that is not an accomplishment then enlighten us. Peace be with you.........

I see men gossip in the barbershop about their sexual conquests & who they'd like to screw. My point is we all have flaws & men gossip too. However Charlemagne gossips and acts like a female. I guess that's why he's a Wendy Williams protégé. He's evil, & actually gets off on insulting others. I remember when he made Lil Mama cry a few years back. As far as Nelly's arrest, he made a dumb mistake letting shady characters on his bus. No need to scold him like he's 12 years old and criticize him publicly. he knows he did wrong.I remember when Master P had to check him for disrespecting one of P's artists. P was hot!!!(lol). For some reason I don't find Star who can be just as insensitive the other former male personality host as annoying as Charlemagne . Star's just an arrogant idiot where Charlemagne adds a somewhat feminine element to it. Like Big Rome use to say" The pussification of men" has begun.

Last edited:
Charlemagne is from around my way. I remember when he was an intern at a radio station here in South Carolina working radio for free. I actually know the guys who gave him his start. Although I don't know him personally, I know his story and have seen him regularly because he never forgets where he comes from. To say he has accomplished nothing and is miserable must mean that you actually know him and where he comes from, what he has gone through in his life and career prior to his current status as part of Breakfast Club such as intern to local radio to having his own show on local radio to a spot on the Wendy Williams radio show to radio in Philly, to MTV, to the Breakfast Club on New York radio, to syndication on IHeart radio as well as Revolt TV, traveling the world hosting parties etc. He is in talk radio. Giving opinions about others who state of relevance depends on who you ask, is what he gets paid to do, unlike those who do it for free on forums and social media and criticize him for making a career out of it. If that is not an accomplishment then enlighten us. Peace be with you.........

You have to look at the context and the industry Charlamagne is in. He works in the entertainment industry which ranges from superstars like Drake to radio hosts like Big Boy to paparazzi, TMZ and trolls like him which make up the very bottom of that industry.
Charlamagne has gotten into that industry not by any actual accomplishments but by controversy.

Charlamagne's fame increased significantly after he targeted Drake.
Drake is an extremely accomplished individual with a discography of incredible music, millions of fans and a long list of awards. But Drake wans't popular with everybody (including me) and Charlamagne took advantage of that. He projected his own insecurity at him by accusing him of being soft and thusly gained the respect of internet goofs. He is like that loudmouthed kid in school who wasn't good at anything and secretly hated by everybody but somehow was the center of attention just by doing things that get attention.
He can't get admiration, and probably no love from his parents, so he does what he can to get attention.

I don't think you can have healthy self-esteem and be satisfied with yourself making a living by being an annoying, nasty radio trolling scumbag, unless you are a devoid, superficial *******.

I think he has an all around bad character. He doesn't even try to genuinely get to know people and have positive interaction for him all that matters is elevating his status by putting someone down. That's why he made Lil Mama cry and kept his mouth shut when Game checked him. I would never trust or respect this guy.

Back