Can Someone Teach Me How To Rap?

Ask yourself why do want to rap. If it's for money, hoes and clothes, don't. If it's to express what is inside you emotionally, do it.

"Every artist was first and amateur" -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Haha nice thread :D If it's not a sarcasm :( you have too feel that vibe broo. Find your inspiration and listen beats on the walk or when you are relaxing. Keep trying anyway, maybe some freestyle :)

Visit rappingmanual.com and go to the following youtube channels: How to rap, lyricology 101, cole mize studio. Beats get from youtube look for 'the greatest hip hop instrumentals' playlist, soundclick and soundcloud and you will be set. PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT Kendrick didnt have a home for 2 years cos he lived in the studio

It's all practice. You can't avoid it. Also people don't take enough time to read/learn about the intricacies craft. Everyone wants to "do" things but nobody wants to read anything, learn anything, or invest anything these days. My singing and rapping improved so much when I invested money in some professional coaching for myself for a brief period and when I spent literally all my weekends reading deeply about breath support, vocal cords, scientific journal articles on vocal technique, blogs/articles on vocal fachs, musical style, interpretation and etc etc. that so many people just neglect to do. Music is an artform but also a science to a degree I believe. The better you know your craft the better you can apply it. I still got a long ass way to go too so I'm no high preacher here, just tryna help out.

Last edited:
get a dictionary they will show the vowel sounds etc cause rap is literally assonance
and then get this book flocabulary the rappershandbook that literally taught me everything i know.

It also doesn't help to ask questions and then not even engage in discussion once you have responses. It's odd that the threads people get the most replies in are the threads the OP never comes back to lol. Obviously this is not that much of a priority for you lol.

It also doesn't help to ask questions and then not even engage in discussion once you have responses. It's odd that the threads people get the most replies in are the threads the OP never comes back to lol. Obviously this is not that much of a priority for you lol.

i know right he wants help but don't want to converstate

Last edited:
Ask yourself why do want to rap. If it's for money, hoes and clothes, don't. If it's to express what is inside you emotionally, do it.

What if money, hoes and clothes are inside Me emotionally..? :)

Read books to get bigger library of words in head, practice freestyle, do some vocal practices and rest will come on its own.
Poetry can also give alot to improove rapping.

How old are you? I ask this first in regards to the era/eras of Hip Hop that you remember (the music, slang, clothes, regions, etc.) and this is important as I was 11 when Enter the Wu-Tang & Illmatic dropped, 13 when Liquid Swords dropped and now that I'm older I realize I literally "grew up" with the culture, but as someone who isn't from NYC I'm not a "purist" who romanticizes the "good ol' days" of Hip Hop when in reality every era of Rap has had/does have trash music in the midst of "quality". I say that to say when it comes to subject matter, the trope of "money, hoes and clothes, all a nigga knows" is trite and this era is no different than the past 4 decades of Rap regarding what artists rap about. While it won't make anyone automatically "different" by not rapping about the aforementioned topics, the goal of all artists should be to challenge themselves topically, as it's so much more to life that what rappers have espoused.

Back