Votes: 75 61.5%
  • Trap

Votes: 40 32.8%
  • Neither

Votes: 7 5.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Both... Anything that sounds cool or different like Tsuruda or Carmack for trap and Tom Misch or Kero One for hiphop.

Last edited:
Boom Bap all day.

DJ Premier, Pete Rock, RZA, J Dilla, El-P, Organized Noize, DJ Quik, Dre, No I.D., Bomb Squad, Q-Tip, Havoc

vs.

Boi 1Da, Zaytoven, DJ Mustard, T-Minus, Mike Will, Sonny Digital, Jahlil Beats, D. Rich, Southside

Whatever happened to other genres?

Snap rap, Crunk, G-Funk, Rap Rock why did they all have to dissappear?

Rap needs more diversity.

Both man!, don't decide i enjoy doing every single style and gen i can, to me the sample decides either wants to be trap or boom bap, i just do my best

I personally do trap and not very interested in boom bap. Though me living in LA I notice that boom bap or west coast is high in demand here and trap is popular too, but not as popular in ATL.

I value both but the trap music I like is blended with other genres like house and bass the way soulection and etc uses it, and not generic...I don't like generic trap

Last edited:
I'd say both are good. All in all i'd say innovations are the best thing that happens nowadays, because sitting on the same sounds for years and years is boring, no progress. So i'd say trap is more like into it, but boom bap has the sounds also.

I don't know if its only me but I can't decide what's best. I really believe that all types of music are beautiful however you need to search deep in the ocean to find the gems of each. All my life I listened to boom bap but I really enjoy trap artists and trap music and respect them as much as I respect the old school guys. In the end of the day we artists all try to express ourselves and put our soul in our music. Once we do that it does not matter the type of music and that why I love Queen and Jimmy Hendrix while I am a rap guy.

Can anyone explain exactly what makes a trap beat, a trap beat anyway? I mean I think of it as the Lex luger hats using the fast triplets etc a certain bass sound, but then I think,of myself as more of an old school boom bap guy, my kick and snare are usually boom bap style but then I might use elements from trap too. How do you define it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back