Billboards Top 10 Rappers of All Time

Lil Wayne on it but no 2Pac?

163.jpg

I was surprised to see some of these names after a blunder like Wayne on 10. Glad to see some of the true greats really getting their cred, including Lauryn Hill. That was a pleasant surprise.

Lil Wayne on it but no 2Pac?

View attachment 44568

I was surprised to see some of these names after a blunder like Wayne on 10. Glad to see some of the true greats really getting their cred, including Lauryn Hill. That was a pleasant surprise.

It's because it's based off of lyricist. It says it near the top. That's why Pac didn't make it. Because let's face it, while impactful as a rapper, he was far from very lyrical.

It's because it's based off of lyricist. It says it near the top. That's why Pac didn't make it. Because let's face it, while impactful as a rapper, he was far from very lyrical.
Steve-Harvey-Family-Feud-Shocked.jpg

Attachments

• anigif_original-grid-image-11093-1376943011-13.gif
    anigif_original-grid-image-11093-1376943011-13.gif
    1.3 MB · Views: 57
Last edited:
No list ever will be. But Billboard has people doing what they want them to do. That's talking about what they posted.

So, a rapper is dope, but not lyrical...not sure I understand that.

That's like saying a chef is dope, but their food tastes like doodoo.

bad analogy. Think of it like this. Michael Jordan is a great basketball player. He's not the best 3 point shooter though. One can be a good rapper without being overly lyrical. Tupac's rhyme scheme was pretty simple and basic. He wasn't the most varied or most impressive technique wise. He was effective though. His poetry was simple and powerful nothing wrong with that. In contrast Biggie's rhymes were a lot more clever and complex than Pac's however his tended to be a bit more vapid.

...and Lauryn Hill? Don't get me wrong - The Score and Miseducation are classics I still bump with my girl, but Top 10 Best Rappers?

And Ghostface ain't even my favorite member of the Wu...

Rick Ross's response from Desire's post:

“I’m not even trippin’, because I’m still here, and I still got time to put in work. To me, what bothered me is when I see people like Tupac Shakur not on the list,” he said. “When Tupac passed away, I remember seeing people cry. Homeboys that’s in the streets, these dudes are merciless, and he touched their lives in so many ways. I have yet to see that from anybody else. B.I.G. is the only person that I would hold near Tupac’s name. After that, there’s a space bar.

Truth

Last edited:
Like I said most people didn't read the original list where it says why Pac was left off. Pac's good. He's just never overly technical or really intricate or out there with the word play. You don't have to be to be a good rapper. Truthfully Lupe Fiasco has better skills than Pac, but he's never touched someone like Pac did. Pac is the best because of people's emotions. Not because of any objective evaluation of rhyme scheme or lyrics.

Like I said most people didn't read the original list where it says why Pac was left off. Pac's good. He's just never overly technical or really intricate or out there with the word play. You don't have to be to be a good rapper. Truthfully Lupe Fiasco has better skills than Pac, but he's never touched someone like Pac did. Pac is the best because of people's emotions. Not because of any objective evaluation of rhyme scheme or lyrics.

Listen until 3:09

Which one is the technically better guitar player?

2Pacs aim and life accomplishment is so noble that leaving him out on a list like that is an insult to him and to hip-hop. It's like rejecting your mother because she doesn't have the perfect bikini measurements. That's not what your mother is for. 2Pac is the father of this sh-t.

Listen until 3:09

Which one is the technically better guitar player?

2Pacs aim and life accomplishment is so noble that leaving him out on a list like that is an insult to him and to hip-hop. It's like rejecting your mother because she doesn't have the perfect bikini measurements. That's not what your mother is for. 2Pac is the father of this sh-t.

not at all that's that young perspective. Pac is far from the father. There was good hip hop before and after Pac. He's just not overly lyrical by no stretch of the imagination. People like I said get in their feelings about Pac. The mother comparison is good. People will say their mother is the best at whatever even thought when compared objectively she may not be. I'll keep saying it. Pac is not an overly lyrical rapper. He's pretty simple. Simple is not a bad thing all the time. He's impactful, he's powerful, he's deep sometimes. He connects to people. His simplicity is part of his appeal. You never really had to worry about anything Pac said going over your head unlike some of the rappers on this list.

not at all that's that young perspective. Pac is far from the father. There was good hip hop before and after Pac. He's just not overly lyrical by no stretch of the imagination. People like I said get in their feelings about Pac. The mother comparison is good. People will say their mother is the best at whatever even thought when compared objectively she may not be. I'll keep saying it. Pac is not an overly lyrical rapper. He's pretty simple. Simple is not a bad thing all the time. He's impactful, he's powerful, he's deep sometimes. He connects to people. His simplicity is part of his appeal. You never really had to worry about anything Pac said going over your head unlike some of the rappers on this list.

From Billboard: Even Tupac, perhaps the most influential rapper ever globally, is arguably known more for great songwriting than dominant bars.

What?? People quote Pac all the time, but you mean to tell me that Lil Wayne and Lauryn are better spitters?

Back