Bad Boy accepting demos

CASTLE HILL said:
That's the same thing I said.I cant even see signing with Puff for exposure. He'll rape your publishing and somehow bind you legally where it will be costly for another label to buy you out. He doesnt embrace the idea of artists who are business minded. Name one Puff artist with lucrative side ventures. I cant hate on him at the same time. He's a shrewd businessman. That's the American way. I was referring to artists of course. As a producer, it may be different.

Diddy is a seeds-and-stems nigga.

Lot of you will miss out because of hate, pride, and plain stupidity.

I Personally Am Skeptical, However I Kinda Agree Slightly With Brkoen Friday,, In The SNSE THAT IF YOUR PAPERWORK AND BUSINESS IS RIGHT, He Cant Rape You If You Dont Let Him-if Oyu Blindly Sign On The Dotted Line W/ O Fully Checking It Out , Then You Deserved To Get Raped, Not Diddy's Fault If You Let Him Lol

Last edited:
'Originally Posted by paul_who
ayo pimpin are you signed to Mosley music group?'

Yeh i thought that too, Do you work for them or something?

marcus82 said:
so when will we see the first mtv record deal?

Did MTV ever go threw with the label thing?

They would f*ckin rule the music industry if they did.

Free promotion and unlimited video play!

Oh my!

Last edited:
ill definetley submit my stuff but it ill be a while... Bad Boy is a good record company i dont know why people hate on it. I used to not like puff but i read an interview about his childhood and that changed it for me. According to the interview his dad died of a gunshot to the back of the head, crazy ish... i think it was some gang or something.

CASTLE HILL said:
That's the same thing I said.I cant even see signing with Puff for exposure. He'll rape your publishing and somehow bind you legally where it will be costly for another label to buy you out. He doesnt embrace the idea of artists who are business minded. Name one Puff artist with lucrative side ventures. I cant hate on him at the same time. He's a shrewd businessman. That's the American way. I was referring to artists of course. As a producer, it may be different.

Yup. Look at the album credits for a B. Cox produced track, and you'll see B. Cox's main songwriter Adonis is signed under "Bad Boy Publishing". Puff signed him up several years ago, and he still is apparently under that contract.

I'm not saying he's getting raped so to speak, but it does sound possible.

I would figure that Diddy treats his songwriters and producers better that artist because he needs them more. He can come out with an album and has enough artists to maintain. However he lacks the ability to write or make beats or play instruments or even deal with the artist on a regular basis (watch making the band). So being signed to Bad Boy as a producer could be lucrative if you play your cards right and make heat. Sort like Aftermath, the producers and songwriters are definately not having problems eating even if they aren't getting exactly what they deserve per se. They are driving the machine.

some points...

1. i think everyone understands this is a legit way of submitting demos now. if your worried about your stuff getting jacked, do what you have to do to cover yourself (i.e. copyright, watermark, whatever...)

2. Look up Grind Music and see how they're doing right now. Check Mario Winans production credits. Check out Aasim, D.Dot, etc. Believe me, people are eating VERY well on Bad Boy, at least the ones who put in time, work, and have good lawyers/managers behind them.

3. I mean point blank, if you got heat, send it in. The myspace thing is new and still under construction till a design team moves in and hooks it up.

By the way, I work at the studio. Straight up I have no clout there but I'm aware of whats going on and I know for a fact they will listen to your stuff. Been lurking here a while and I know some of yall get down so take advantage of this opportunity.
- Peace

If this is legit, why take a chance at passing this up? Even if they try to mess with you (despite having your paper work) you should still be able to make another hot song after that. I'm going to try submitting a couple of tracks in the near future. Got one right now that I'm trying to get the songwriter/singer I work with to record the hook. Would be a hot song once that's done.

badboydemos said:
1. i think everyone understands this is a legit way of submitting demos now. if your worried about your stuff getting jacked, do what you have to do to cover yourself (i.e. copyright, watermark, whatever...)

2. Look up Grind Music and see how they're doing right now. Check Mario Winans production credits. Check out Aasim, D.Dot, etc. Believe me, people are eating VERY well on Bad Boy, at least the ones who put in time, work, and have good lawyers/managers behind them.

3. I mean point blank, if you got heat, send it in. The myspace thing is new and still under construction till a design team moves in and hooks it up.

By the way, I work at the studio. Straight up I have no clout there but I'm aware of whats going on and I know for a fact they will listen to your stuff. Been lurking here a while and I know some of yall get down so take advantage of this opportunity.
- Peace
Hell yeah man, its definitely worth a try. I submitted 4 demo tracks and some information for a group I'm producing to the email last night right after I saw this thread. Hopefully we can get somewhere with this. Thanks again for the info.

Back