Votes: 18 48.6%
  • R Kelly

Votes: 19 51.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

calmAss

Who is the greater of the 2.

Both are legendary RnB producers, singers and songwriters.

Both have hits out their ass. But who do you rate more?

Personnally, I have to go for R Kelly. Although I don't like him as a person, when it comes to RnB, there's nothing he hasn't done.

Gangsta songs, party songs, grinding songs, soap operas, gospel songs, rap songs. Seriously he's done everything.

Who is the greater of the 2.

Both are legendary RnB producers, singers and songwriters.

Both have hits out their ass. But who do you rate more?

Personnally, I have to go for R Kelly. Although I don't like him as a person, when it comes to RnB, there's nothing he hasn't done.

Gangsta songs, party songs, grinding songs, soap operas, gospel songs, rap songs. Seriously he's done everything.

Babyface...I'm not going to post all of his stats. But he beats R. Kelly by three producer of the year Grammy's.

R. Kelly because is music is so diverse. Like it was said, he has done everything from Gangsta Rap to Soul.

R. Kelly because is music is so diverse. Like it was said, he has done everything from Gangsta Rap to Soul.

Just because it's diverse doesn't make it good. For God's sake we're talking about the same man that made "thoiya thoing" or whatever the fcuk that was...

Half of R. Kelly's hit catalog is rubbish. A lot of his songs only got by on the strength of his name and "dedicated" females who wanted to make a tape with him (before they found he peed on his partners).

I personally like R. Kelly's music more

... but like Babyface's lyrics more.

Tie

Babyface still is top dogg based on resume. As far as versatility....

R kelly can go MANY MANY ways and do it at a successful clip. R kelly can rap decently, amazing singer(stronger voice with just as much range as babyface) R kelly could do a country album and replicate a country feel. that is what makes him more talented than babyface.

Lets not forget while Babyface has an amazing resume on songwriting alone, Kellz also has written entire albums for aayliah, wrote "You are not alone" and cowrote for Celine Dion.

Babyface...I'm not going to post all of his stats. But he beats R. Kelly by three producer of the year Grammy's.

Grammies are a bullsh*t way to measure success.

Christopher Cross has more Grammies than Led Zeppelin and Bob Marley put together.

Who is Christopher fuking cross?

Exactly!!!

Oh yeah, he's also the only musical act to ever win the big four awards (Record of the Year, Album of the Year, Song of the Year, and Best New Artist) in the same year.

Lets not forget while Babyface has an amazing resume on songwriting alone, Kellz also has written entire albums for aayliah, wrote "You are not alone" and cowrote for Celine Dion.

Both are hardworking artists. The production credits for both artists are on a scroll that stretches a mile long.

Still I side with Face. I like R. Kelly's versatility, but Face's music is damn near timeless. That's the work of a true artist. Kells got classics too, though.

Christopher Cross has more Grammies than Led Zeppelin and Bob Marley put together.

Exactly!!!

Oh yeah, he's also the only musical act to ever win the big four awards (Record of the Year, Album of the Year, Song of the Year, and Best New Artist) in the same year.​

It's only a bullisht way to measure success if it the only unit of measurement. Granted the Grammy's do hand out some awards based on things other than the artwork at times, but still you can use the Grammy's as a point for arguement.

Exactly!!!

Oh yeah, he's also the only musical act to ever win the big four awards (Record of the Year, Album of the Year, Song of the Year, and Best New Artist) in the same year.

thats the point of the Grammy's its more so based on the music. thats what billboard awards are for, based on facts and numbers.

I have to go with Kells just because I never felt any of Babyface's solo work. Kells has some production skills. My favorite beat he has done is "V.I.P"

Kells did a helluva job with Changing Faces back in the day too...

and I normally don't buy entire CD's by females...

tough decision, but as a producer songwriter I vote for Babyface, but Rkelly never fails to bring it.

just check Babyface's Wikipedia, he's writing and produced alot memorable songs.

Last edited:
Babyface > R Kelly

R.Kelly is really good but he put out a lot of trash too. I mean, his best joints are hot as hell but his worst are just so terrible.

Babyface is just INSANE. From Toni Braxton to Boyz II Men to Tevin Campbell to Michael Jackson to Bobby Brown to Whitney Houston to.....

Y'all lost y'all minds. Babyface's career is a lot longer than Kels. And he's responsible for a lot of hits too. Plus he has managed to keep a pretty obscure existence outside of his music career at that. Not too many things come to mind other than good music and LA Reid when I think of Babyface. Can't say the same for R.Kelly.

Last edited:
Babyface by a mile. I've only liked Get This Money w/ Jay-Z and Ghetto Queen w/ Crucial Conflict from R. Kelly, but I can't even think of all the tracks by face i've enjoyed.

This is my shyt:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back