Babyface: Top 100 songs written by Babyface

jadillac1181

:bigeyes: GOAT :victory:

Theres no denying the mans production/writing skills were and still are(for those who listen to R&B) top notch. Some of these people owe their whole careers to Babyface, he's still underrated in my opinion.

100. Nothin (That Compares 2 U) - The Jacksons
99. I Wanna Love Like That - Tony Thompson (the only collaboration between super producers Babyface and Teddy Riley)
98. Long Way from Home - Johnny Gill
97. When You Believe - Whitney Houston & Mariah Carey [from "The Prince of Egypt"]
96. The Day (That You Gave Me a Son) - Babyface
95. Why Does It Hurt So Bad - Whitney Houston [from "Waiting to Exhale"]
94. Slow Jam - Midnight Star
93. Never Forget You - Mariah Carey
92. Let It Flow - Toni Braxton [from "Waiting to Exhale"]
91. Rock Bottom - Babyface

90. Truly Something Special - After 7
89. Boys & Girls - Tony! Toni! Toné! [from "Soul Food"]
88. All Night Long - SWV [from "Waiting to Exhale"]
87. Lady, Lady - Babyface
86. Have I Never - A Few Good Men
85. Feels So Much Better - Johnny Gill
84. Tears - The Isley Brothers
83. Until You Come Back - Whitney Houston
82. Every Time I Close My Eyes - Babyface
81. One Night - After 7

80. You Are the Man - En Vogue [from "Soul Food"]
79. Something in Your Eyes - Bell Biv DeVoe
78. You Said, You Said - Jermaine Jackson
77. Good Enough - Bobby Brown
76. Secret Rendezvous - Karyn White
75. Diggin' on You (L.A.'s Live Mix) - TLC
74. There U Go - Johnny Gill [from "Boomerang"]
73. Roses Are Red - The Mac Band
72. Sunshine - Babyface
71. Try It On My Own - Whitney Houston

70. Love Saw It - Karyn White featuring Babyface
69. Rock Steady - The Whispers
68. Gotta Learn My Rhythm - Damian Dame
67. And Our Feelings - Babyface
66. Why Do I Believe? - Pebbles
65. Queen of the Night - Whitney Houston [from "The Bodyguard"]
64. Last Night - Az Yet [from "The Nutty Professor"]
63. Pretty Girl - Jon B
62. Soon As I Get Home - Babyface
61. Love Shoulda Brought You Home - Toni Braxton [from "Boomerang"]

60. 'Til You Do Me Right - After 7
59. Give U My Heart - Babyface featuring Toni Braxton [from "Boomerang"]
58. Let's Get the Mood Right - Johnny Gill
57. Whatever - En Vogue
56. Breathe Again - Toni Braxton
55. You Mean the World to Me - Toni Braxton
54. Never Keeping Secrets - Babyface
53. Red Light Special - TLC
52. Always in My Heart - Tevin Campbell
51. Rock Wit'cha - Bobby Brown

50. Water Runs Dry - Boyz II Men
49. Another Sad Love Song - Toni Braxton
48. Miracle - Whitney Houston
47. For the Cool in You - Babyface
46. Seven Whole Days (Live) - Toni Braxton
45. Take a Bow - Madonna
44. Count on Me - Whitney Houston & CeCe Winans [from "Waiting to Exhale"]
43. Where Is My Love? - El DeBarge featuring Babyface
42. Humpin' Around - Bobby Brown
41. The Way You Love Me - Karyn White

40. Backyard (Outta the Hood Remix) - Pebbles featuring Salt-N-Pepa
39. Superwoman - Karyn White
38. Heat of the Moment (Remix) - After 7
37. My Kinda Girl - Babyface
36. On the Line - Michael Jackson [from "Get On the Bus"]
35. Every Little Step - Bobby Brown
34. Exhale (Shoop Shoop) - Whitney Houston [from "Waiting to Exhale"]
33. Two Occasions - The Deele
32. Baby-Baby-Baby - TLC
31. Sittin' Up in My Room - Brandy [from "Waiting to Exhale"]

30. You're Makin' Me High - Toni Braxton
29. It's No Crime - Babyface
28. A Song for Mama - Boyz II Men [from "Soul Food"]
27. Where Will You Go? - Babyface
26. Can We Talk - Tevin Campbell
25. Roni - Bobby Brown
24. Fairweather Friend - Johnny Gill
23. Exclusivity - Damian Dame
22. Dial My Heart - The Boys
21. When Can I See You - Babyface

20. Not Gon' Cry - Mary J. Blige [from "Waiting to Exhale"]

19. Whip Appeal (12" Version) - Babyface

18. I'm Your Baby Tonight - Whitney Houston

17. On Our Own - Bobby Brown [from "Ghostbusters II"]

16. Sweet November - Troop

15. We're Not Making Love No More - Dru Hill [from "Soul Food"]

14. Tender Lover - Babyface

13. Right Down to It - Damian Dame

12. Someone to Love - Jon B featuring Babyface [from "Bad Boys"]

11. Love Makes Things Happen - Pebbles featuring Babyface

10. I'll Make Love to You - Boyz II Men

9. I Care 'Bout You - Milestone (K-Ci & JoJo, Kevon & Melvin Edmonds, Babyface) [from "Soul Food"]

8. I'm Ready - Tevin Campbell

7. Can't Stop - After 7

6. Ready or Not - After 7

5. Giving You the Benefit - Pebbles

4. Girlfriend - Pebbles

3. End of the Road - Boyz II Men [from "Boomerang"]

2. My, My, My - Johnny Gill

1. Don't Be Cruel - Bobby Brown

Last edited:
The whole Waiting to Exhale Soundtrack and his album The Day. These albums has some hits and the 100 hits is crazy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unreal...Unbelievable

ednegga said:
The whole Waiting to Exhale Soundtrack.

Me and Troup were clowning about this a couple months ago...My girl would clown me cuz i was bumpin' this cd one day...But she doesn't understand how amazing it is that he produced that ENTIRE album, and its a classic...I was merely studying one of the greats....she was like "That's a female's anthem cd!!!"....LOL...I guess its funny when grown men be pumpin' female rnb sometimes depending on the song...esp. if u start singin' along with it....LOL...who cares. im se-curr with myself...

thats a talent in itself to write rnb songs for the opposite sex, and still capture an accurate point of view...

Last edited:
I would boost a few of the lower-ranked ones up some notches, like Slow Jam. Old School!!!

Babyface has problems, but songwriting, producing, and music business aren't any of 'em.

Yeah, through the Waiting to Exhale soundtrack, I found out about the group, For Real, that I thought was amazing. I went and bought their Records (vinyl) after that. For Real was later signed to Rowdy Records by Dallas Austin and they made some good music too. I listen to those songs like every other day. I treasure my old school and classics. I'm saving my records (vinyl) to pass unto my kids in the future, that's if they would like it to show them real music, that's what I think.

http://www.amazon.com/For-Real/e/B000APXMIM/ref=ntt_mus_dp_pel

bluchippa5 said:
Unreal...Unbelievable

"That's a female's anthem cd!!!"....LOL...I guess its funny when grown men be pumpin' female rnb sometimes depending on the song...esp. if u start singin' along with it....LOL...who cares. im se-curr with myself...

thats a talent in itself to write rnb songs for the opposite sex, and still capture an accurate point of view...

That's the problem I have with people who say men can't listen to female R&B or even some kid groups. I'm like, "Who do you think is MAKING the music?!?!?!" Its generally 30+ year old guys who are writing/producing all that stuff. So if it's cool enough for them to make it, why is it "homo" if I listen to it?

But back to subject, nobody is touching this dudes list, and the funny thing is, but he's still making songs like this, but they dont get on the radio. :mad:

These are the type of songs you need to set the mood right if you know what I'm talking about. Plus it's relaxing. You can't use these gangsta Hip hop music. I get tired of listening to that all the time. But there's music for every occasion. I can't listen to Hip hop and gangsta music 24/7. I will be frustrated as hell. Even Snoop Dogg listens to Marvin Gaye. I don't see anything wrong with that. Some dudes act like they are so tough they have to listen to Hip hop all the time. Listening to R&B and Slow jams don't make you soft. That's why they can't be very creative sometimes and their music is the same sh!t all the time. Snoop Dogg did sensual seduction, totally different from Doggystyle in 1993. He doesn't do the same thing all the time. Something different for everybody and different occasions. Just like Steve Harvey said in the "Kings of Comedy" movie and T-Pain said in the interview on Traffickingmedia.com

http://traffickingmedia.com/index.php?id=368

posted yesterday, these Gangsta rappers are scared to admit that they love their women. Nobody is going to think you are soft for that. They tell you they love the streets but I don't see them making love to the streets. LMAO . . .:p No homo. Snoop Dogg tells you he loves his wife and kids but he is still a tough dude. Ice Cube does, DMX does, Ja Rule does, not openly often. I don't know about Eminem. They showed a documentary about Rappers and their wifes and family and how they love them just like the average person, on T.V the other day. I don't think they will tell their wives to turn the music off when they come home and their wives are listening to some Luther Vandross. You know the women love them some Luther and Maxwell. I don't care what anybody else thinks. I love R&B and Slow jams besides Hip hop and these Gangsta music. LMAO. :p . B.E.T, other T.V networks and the Radio, Clubs, play it too. That's grown folks music. Watch the Baby Boy movie and Tyrese will tell you about that.

Babyface is the Executive Producer for a lotta shows on T.V nowdays. I think scores the music for some of the shows too.

Last edited by a moderator:
LMAO @ the pic of the dude on the first page that pops up as a "ad" for babyface ringtones...LOL...since when did babyface get a gold grill???!!!!

I like the Jaheim and Heather Headley songs, they are very good. Good find.

ednegga said:
These are the type of songs you need to set the mood right if you know what I'm talking about. Plus it's relaxing. You can't use these gangsta Hip hop music. I get tired of listening to that all the time. But there's music for every occasion. I can't listen to Hip hop and gangsta music 24/7. I will be frustrated as hell. Even Snoop Dogg listens to Marvin Gaye. I don't see anything wrong with that. Some dudes act like they are so tough they have to listen to Hip hop all the time. Listening to R&B and Slow jams don't make you soft. That's why they can't be very creative sometimes and their music is the same sh!t all the time. Snoop Dogg did sensual seduction, totally different from Doggystyle in 1993. He doesn't do the same thing all the time. Something different for everybody and different occasions. Just like Steve Harvey said in the "Kings of Comedy" movie and T-Pain said in the interview on Traffickingmedia.com

http://traffickingmedia.com/index.php?id=368

posted yesterday, these Gangsta rappers are scared to admit that they love their women. Nobody is going to think you are soft for that. They tell you they love the streets but I don't see them making love to the streets. LMAO . . .:p No homo. Snoop Dogg tells you he loves his wife and kids but he is still a tough dude. Ice Cube does, DMX does, Ja Rule does, not openly often. I don't know about Eminem. They showed a documentary about Rappers and their wifes and family and how they love them just like the average person, on T.V the other day. I don't think they will tell their wives to turn the music off when they come home and their wives are listening to some Luther Vandross. You know the women love them some Luther and Maxwell. I don't care what anybody else thinks. I love R&B and Slow jams besides Hip hop and these Gangsta music. LMAO. :p . B.E.T, other T.V networks and the Radio, Clubs, play it too. That's grown folks music. Watch the Baby Boy movie and Tyrese will tell you about that.

Babyface is the Executive Producer for a lotta shows on T.V nowdays. I think scores the music for some of the shows too.

true dat, i listen to alot of isley brother and babyface, that ish is relaxing

I have always said that the Waiting to Exhale soundtrack was classic. I never stopped jamming it since 95.One of the best soundtracks that I have ever heard in my life.

Excellent songwriting and beats. They just don't make R&B like that anymore.Babyface reminds me of Smokey Robinson a pro at writting love songs.

daaayum!! what a fukin beast!! i would be satisfied if i could become 1/500th the songwriter he is..

wow..he wrote that Jaheim's- just dont have a clue?! got dam. i been jammin that song for a good 2 months now. had no idea he was responsible..dam genius

Last edited:
Back