Anyone know this older rap song?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mouk

Da duh duh...DA DA...DA duh DA duh duh...DA DA, thats the best i can do, all i remember is the bass hittin and maybe a lil snare or drum, not much to the song but it was tight. I think it came out in the late 90's. And there was a girl singin at one point and i remember guys goin off reggae style too. I also remember them saying noreaga and money afterwards, i dont know if it had to do with this song or the one before but.....thats the best i can do, anyone know what the hell im talkin about cuz i love this song.

The name of the song is "Din Da Dah" by George Krantz or LaKrantz. I can't remember. I know his first name is George. I got the 12 inch. I'll dig for it and let you know exactly who it is. I think I'm pretty close with his last name though.

dj rreal said:
The name of the song is "Din Da Dah" by George Krantz or LaKrantz. I can't remember. I know his first name is George. I got the 12 inch. I'll dig for it and let you know exactly who it is. I think I'm pretty close with his last name though.

Oh yeah, if it's the same song then it came out in the mid 80's. Like 84 or 85.

That wasnt it, good a$$ track but that isnt the one im talkin about. I appreciate the help though. Ive been tryin to find this track for like 2 years now i dont think ill ever hear it again.....sucks.

it's late, but it sounds like you're describing "Old Time Killing" by Kardinal Offishall feat. the Circle.

and dj rreal, that track's by George Kraanz. does the 12" you have feature an acapella? there's this one part i've been meaning to sample since 1985.....

Hey do you know this song? dum... dum... dum.... dum-dum, keeps goin on like that, somethin like that. anyone know what it is?

Timmy said:
Hey do you know this song? dum... dum... dum.... dum-dum, keeps goin on like that, somethin like that. anyone know what it is?

That's simple,
"I will survive" Gloria Gaynor

Mr. Shush said:
it's late, but it sounds like you're describing "Old Time Killing" by Kardinal Offishall feat. the Circle.

and dj rreal, that track's by George Kraanz. does the 12" you have feature an acapella? there's this one part i've been meaning to sample since 1985.....

I don't know. I honestly haven't broke out that record in years. I'll dig it out one of these times and PM you about it.

Mr. Shush said:

You're right, that does sound like Old Time Killing! I didn't even think of that.

Originally I just wanted to make fun of the question, but man, Mouk I feel for ya. I hate when some old old hint of a melody pops in your head and you're like wtf is that?

Anyways, the worse I ever had this was this wild melody that was in my head after a night of partying and I heard it again later faintly drifting high out of an apartment window. I was trying to figure it out for years, but I just(strangely) never happened into it.

Anyway it was Big Pimpin. haha. Luckily it was a pretty big song so I was bound to hear it again. I didn't even know it had a rapper on it just remembered that flute & violin melody from the chorus.

Good luck Mouk.

Din Da Da came out in '83. I got the acapella back home. There is no way I can record it and file send it.

It's got an acapella on it. Has to. If you remember the thread that had Lil Jon making a beat on video, when it first comes on and LJ is bangin on the Triton, that's the acapella he's phukkin with. I wonder if he sampled it or if it's actually some of the stock sounds on the Triton?

Mouk said:
Da duh duh...DA DA...DA duh DA duh duh...DA DA, thats the best i can do, all i remember is the bass hittin and maybe a lil snare or drum, not much to the song but it was tight. I think it came out in the late 90's. And there was a girl singin at one point and i remember guys goin off reggae style too. I also remember them saying noreaga and money afterwards, i dont know if it had to do with this song or the one before but.....thats the best i can do, anyone know what the hell im talkin about cuz i love this song.

Could this be "Take It Easy" by Mad Lion???

That wasnt it, good a$$ track but that isnt the one im talkin about. I appreciate the help though. Ive been tryin to find this track for like 2 years now i dont think ill ever hear it again.....sucks.

Yo man go to this link and tell me if this is the song you are talking about....advance to 10:30 of the youtube video and let me know bro

its http : // youtube /RX8BvJ4cwVw

I had to break it up since I am a new member and it wont let me post links till I have
5 posts

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back