is anybody as tired of the game as i have become lately?

[F_or_DEAF] said:
If you support wack music than you are guilty of the crime of conspiring to murder hip hop...

Weeeeelp.. I'm just gonna stop with you. One of those people who can't let go.

Jackpot ProductionZ said:
Some people can't let go the fact that Hip Hop has evolved into mainstream form and it's not going back.

I DON'T THINK YOU UNDERSTAND THAT THE SHYT IS NOT GETTING BETTER...

BUT OF COURSE...THE NUMBERS DON'T LIE...RIGHT?

ALL YOU ARE PROBABLY GONNA DO TOMORROW IS JUST MAKE A BEAT OR WRITE SOME LYRICS THAT IS BASICALLY A CARBON COPY OF THE BULLSHYT THAT IS ON THE RADIO / TV RIGHT NOW...

I find it hard to believe that supporters of the de-evolution of hip hop are gonna come with ORIGINAL shyt...

don't lie to yourself...

talking bout, "man, I got that original shyt, my shyt is different"...

no...

if you co-signin' what the phuck is going on in hip hop today,

THEN YOU ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM...

Some people can't let go the fact that Hip Hop has evolved into mainstream form and it's not going back. It's evolved into a form that people who are into pop, country, r&b & rock&roll can enjoy as well. It no longer belongs to 1 culture or tastemaker........

10 years from now there are gonna be cats who are gonna consider 2002-2010 their "Golden Years" of Hip Hop.......

Some people might not like it but get used to it because it's not going backwards.......

Hip Hop has been mainstream for a long while now. The difference between now and then is that the mainstream wasn't just one predominate sound. There was much more diversity on the radio and TV. I remember when you could hear Wu Tang, Busta Rhymes, A Tribe Called Quest, Redman, 2Pac, etc one after another.

Ali'i said:
Weeeeelp.. I'm just gonna stop with you. One of those people who can't let go.

don't try to make the simple-minded-excuse / argument that if you don't like the BULLSHYT that is HOT today, then you are stuck in the past...

that is a felonious way to think dog...

not even smart...not even close...

[F_or_DEAF] said:
I DON'T THINK YOU UNDERSTAND THAT THE SHYT IS NOT GETTING BETTER...

BUT OF COURSE...THE NUMBERS DON'T LIE...RIGHT?

ALL YOU ARE PROBABLY GONNA DO TOMORROW IS JUST MAKE A BEAT OR WRITE SOME LYRICS THAT IS BASICALLY A CARBON COPY OF THE BULLSHYT THAT IS ON THE RADIO / TV RIGHT NOW...

I find it hard to believe that supporters of the de-evolution of hip hop are gonna come with ORIGINAL shyt...

don't lie to yourself...

talking bout, "man, I got that original shyt, my shyt is different"...

no...

if you co-signin' what the phuck is going on in hip hop today,

THEN YOU ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM...

My point is it's 2008 & people were saying the same thing in 1998 that were from the 1988 era and it's gonna be the same thing said in 2018.......

It's not going backwards and what's hot to some isn't hot to others, point blank. This generation probably has enjoyed the Murder Inc/G-Unit Era a lot more then the Ruff Ryders/Roc-A-Fella Era, nothing wrong with that........

Worse or Better is still at the end of the day personal preference.......

Ant McQueen said:
When I say it's getting worse, I mean overall, I'd be lying if I said that everything that comes out is wack. In my opinion the artists that are out now are talented, but I don't think they utilize their talent like they're capable of.

I agree.. Lyrically.. Definitely more thought put into the lyrics of the underground artists, but that kind of stuff doesn't play very well in clubs.. I think some of the top artists are capable of putting something out as lyrically complex as... Rizza...

And once people figure out that music doesn't evolve around "Hip Hop" then they'll understand why it is what it is today and where it's going from here on out........

Music is bigger then Hip Hop.......

My point is it's 2008 & people were saying the same thing in 1998 that were from the 1988 era and it's gonna be the same thing said in 2018.......

It's not going backwards and what's hot to some isn't hot to others, point blank. This generation probably has enjoyed the Murder Inc/G-Unit Era a lot more then the Ruff Ryders/Roc-A-Fella Era, nothing wrong with that........

Worse or Better is still at the end of the day personal preference.......

well go on ahead and fall in line with all the other cats that think the same way you do...

and I guarantee...

just about all a ya'llz beatz / music is gonna sound...for the most part...THE SAME...

ya'll thinking the same...

so how your beats ain't gonna sound the same???

THINK DIFFERENT = SOUND DIFFERENT

THINK SIMILAR = SOUND SIMILAR

simple math...

[F_or_DEAF] said:
don't try to make the simple-minded-excuse / argument that if you don't like the BULLSHYT that is HOT today, then you are stuck in the past...

that is a felonious way to think dog...

not even smart...not even close...

Saying **** is whack just because it isn't what you grew up on isn't very smart at all.. And that's really what I'm saying, but you can take it that way if you want. :confused:

And once people figure out that music doesn't evolve around "Hip Hop" then they'll understand why it is what it is today and where it's going from here on out........

Music is bigger then Hip Hop.......

i wouldn't step foot in your studio dogg...

Ali'i said:
I agree.. Lyrically.. Definitely more thought put into the lyrics of the underground artists, but that kind of stuff doesn't play very well in clubs.. I think some of the top artists are capable of putting something out as lyrically complex as... Rizza...

Ludacris and Busta Rhymes are two good examples of being able to be dope on party songs. I'm not saying you have to spit some sh*t that people need the Rosetta Stone to decode, but you can at least put some effort into make the record as hot as you possibly can.

[F_or_DEAF] said:
well go on ahead and fall in line with all the other cats that think the same way you do...

and I guarantee...

just about all a ya'llz beatz / music is gonna sound...for the most part...THE SAME...

simple math...

How you gonna clump everyone in one group like that??

Go to my soundclick and listen to the first song on there.. www.soundclick.com/alii

song is 'Played for a fool'

I think people OK with what's going on with music right now are waaay more versatile than people who refuse to listen to the radio.

[F_or_DEAF] said:

and I guarantee...

simple math...
EDIT: Never Mind, I just realized what type of person I'm debating with, lol.......

There's really no point in this.......

This is one of those threads that's gonna go 20 pages of people saying the exact same thing in every page and nobody changing their minds about anything.......

Last edited:
^^^^^ For real haha.. Nah but really.. Ant came at in a civil matter and brought up a legit point.. Made me rethink some things.. Other dude.. Not so much =P

And for the record deaf.. You're saying we all think the same, yet I bet I've got a much wider range of musical influences than you ever will have..

Last edited:
Ali'i said:
Saying **** is whack just because it isn't what you grew up on isn't very smart at all.. And that's really what I'm saying, but you can take it that way if you want. :confused:

it ain't about what you grew up with...IT'S ABOUT CONTENT...

era makes no difference...

obviously content don't matter no more...because you sure in the hell don't need it to sell millions...

matter of fact, if you don't come off like A DAMN FOOL, you probably ain't gonna sell shyt...

as far as hip hop is concerned...

[F_or_DEAF] said:

obviously content don't matter no more...because you sure in the hell don't need it to sell millions...

matter of fact, if you don't come off like A DAMN FOOL, you probably ain't gonna sell shyt...

By 'what you grew up with' .. I'm gonna take that as influence.. and influence definitely has a HUGE impact on your content!

Once again... opinion dude.

... The only reason I'm still in this thread is cause I'm drunk. :hello:

Ali'i said:
I bet I've got a much wider range of musical influences than you ever will have..

YOU CAN HAVE ALL THE INFLUENCES YOU WANT...

THAT JUST EQUATES HAVING MORE SHYT TO BITE FROM...

The fact of the matter is...you will never in your life be as ILL, RAW, OR INNOVATIVE as me...

face it...

:bigeyes:

now hop back on your midi controller and bust out some more basic melodies & concepts...

you starting to get on my nerves...

Ali'i said:
By 'what you grew up with' .. I'm gonna take that as influence.. and influence definitely has a HUGE impact on your content!

Once again... opinion dude.

... The only reason I'm still in this thread is cause I'm drunk. :hello:

I refuse to converse with a drunk...

Last edited:
[F_or_DEAF] said:

I agree and disagree at the same time... I do agree with you that content is far more important than era. If it wasn't then people would go back and buy " classic " albums. The younger people who listen to The Beatles or Michael Jackson wouldn't bother listening.

I disagree with needing to act a fool to sell records. I think if you hit people with content but you find a way to make it accessible people will buy it. There are plenty of niggas that are acting fools that aren't selling records. Tomfoolery doesn't equal instant album sales... The way I see it is that it's all about accessibility.

[F_or_DEAF] said:
YOU CAN HAVE ALL THE INFLUENCES YOU WANT...

THAT JUST EQUATES HAVING MORE SHYT TO BITE FROM...

The fact of the matter is...you will never in your life be as ILL, RAW, OR INNOVATIVE as me...

face it...

:bigeyes:

now hop back on your midi controller and bust out some more basic melodies & concepts...

you starting to get on my nerves...

Alright well from your ALL CAPPS SENTENCES, I understand a little bit where you're coming from, but I still don't agree..

From what I'm seeing, your logic is Hip-Hop needs to be PURE.. I'm open to all types of music, and if you look at it from a musical perspective, .. Combinations of different types can bring some good.

Seriously? You're gonna let some text get on your nerves? You're the purebred hip-hop dude.. You should be rock hard maaaaan!

[F_or_DEAF] said:
I refuse to converse with a drunk...

.. Well that's no fun.. :mad:

And yeah.. I'll get back to my tracks.. fitting multiple melodies into a few bars as long as you do the same..

Oh wait. I mean.. Find a sample and lay some drums on it. =X

Last edited:
the line has to be drawn...

everybody's too scared to call shyt wack nowadays...

that's why all these mo'fo's are getting away with murder...

all these big names niggaz are like dictators...

they tell you what is hot, so the people believe it is hot...

and if you say otherwise...

prepare for the Salem witch treatment...

Back