is anybody as tired of the game as i have become lately?

bigakizzle

bout ta come fo it bitces
I love music. Don't get what I'm sayin twisted. But it just seems like all the luster that goes along with it is gone. Not on no groopie **** or nothing like that but it just seems like its not an elite profession anymore. Its millions of people doin it now. And while its always been that many people, only the cream rose to the top. Now you gotta shovle through tons of **** to find a new artist you like. And then the thread about common giving away albums for a dollar caught my attention. Its Like the game is in critical condition and slowly dying. Then we got obama in office, so a whole lot of people who really thought music was the only way out can have something else to strive for. I'm on my phone so the grammar might be off but I just want some feedback as to what my fellow producers think.

Not sure I really get your point.. I have no trouble finding music I like.. And Common doing what he's doing is a business ploy..

bigakizzle said:
I love music. Don't get what I'm sayin twisted. But it just seems like all the luster that goes along with it is gone. Not on no groopie **** or nothing like that but it just seems like its not an elite profession anymore. Its millions of people doin it now. And while its always been that many people, only the cream rose to the top. Now you gotta shovle through tons of **** to find a new artist you like. And then the thread about common giving away albums for a dollar caught my attention. Its Like the game is in critical condition and slowly dying. Then we got obama in office, so a whole lot of people who really thought music was the only way out can have something else to strive for. I'm on my phone so the grammar might be off but I just want some feedback as to what my fellow producers think.

The game is definitely a shell of it's former self. With that said I dont find it hard 2 find new i artists i like but i'll admit the ratio of good to bad music has increased for the worst.

Damn, I must be missing something then..

"Hip Hop is dead, ... full of **** ... not as great as it used to be.." Alright maybe the business side of it may be full of ****, but musically...?

Never understand why people say this.

I think the music business is just fine. When you really think about it---the only form of music that still sales is good music. It doesn't matter if you like Lil Wayne or not---dude has worked so hard for what he has now---you have no choice but to talk about him. He has accomplished what a lot of artist are failing to do---and that's create interest.

When it comes to finding good music or dope new artist---it's not hard to find. You just have to do some Myspace searching and You Tubing and I bet you'll stumble across something hot. Good artist are not hard to find---just don't expect them to fall into your lap or iPod.

Jackpot ProductionZ said:
I love the music business........
Yeah i know you love the $ but how do you feel about the overall quality of music as a whole in hip-hop. Surely you cant justify it being on par w/ let's say 1996.

Dot_Robinson said:
I think the music business is just fine. When you really think about it---the only form of music that still sales is good music.
While this is true in other forms of music im not so sure that's still the case in hip-hop. Hip-Hop fans are really fickle nowadays & if you aint already a superstar you aint doin numbers. I believe the last sucessful artist in hip-hop to brake & consistenly do numbers is Plies. While i'm not a Plies hater like most im sure his music doesn't fall into your "good" category & if so what are the criteria???

Last edited by a moderator:
MUSIKFIEND said:
Yeah i know you love the $ but how do you feel about the overall quality of music as a whole in hip-hop. Surely you cant justify it being on par w/ let's say 1996.

don't really care for the money really but I do more then hip hop so it really doesn't bother especially since the cats involved in the music and fans aren't the ones complaining. but even in 1996 people were complaining about the quality.......

don't really care for the money really but I do more then hip hop so it really doesn't bother especially since the cats involved in the music and fans aren't the ones complaining. but even in 1996 people were complaining about the quality.......

???????

MUSIKFIEND said:

I mean like the people in the industry that are currently making music, they're not complaining about the music but moreso the label politics. It's almost like the majority opinion of the internet is the exact opposite reflection of the result, it's kinda funny.......

-EXAMPLE-

Internet = "Lil' Wayne's CD is garbage......."

Result = 1 Million Records Sold 1st Week

Internet = "Love Lockdown is trash......."

Result = Love Lockdown Hits #5 On Billboard In Less Then A Month

Internet = "A Milli is garbage, the beat is terrible......."

Result = A Milli Hits #1 On Billboard

Internet = "Hip Hop Is Dead......."

Result = Rick Ross 2 Gold Albums, Plies 2 Gold Albums, Lil' Wayne Sells 1 Million 1st Week, T.I. Platinum, Jeezy & Game Both Gold, Kanye Sells 1 Million 1st Week While 50 Cent Sells 650k Same Week.......

I could go on forever but it's all a matter of opinion & taste.......

One of the few instances where online actually reflects offline is the worlds perception of Yung Berg, lol.......

MUSIKFIEND said:

While this is true in other forms of music im not so sure that's still the case in hip-hop. Hip-Hop fans are really fickle nowadays & if you aint already a superstar you aint doin numbers. I believe the last sucessful artist in hip-hop to brake & consistenly do numbers is Plies. While i'm not a Plies hater like most im sure his music doesn't fall into your "good" category & if so what are the criteria???

See this is why I think I don't understand.. I like hip-hop now, more than old school.. and what is now underground.. It seems the main complaint people have with the "radio played cr@p" is that the lyrics aren't as complex as they used to be... but you have to admit, they're catchier, they get stuck in your head more, and they have a certain flow about them that gets people moving.. But beat wise, I definitely like the newer stuff.. Minus most of Kanye's new album. For some reason, his stuff isn't growing on me.

I mean like the people in the industry that are currently making music, they're not complaining about the music but moreso the label politics. It's almost like the majority opinion of the internet is the exact opposite reflection of the result, it's kinda funny.......

-EXAMPLE-

Internet = "Lil' Wayne's CD is garbage......."

Result = 1 Million Records Sold 1st Week

Internet = "Love Lockdown is trash......."

Result = Love Lockdown Hits #5 On Billboard In Less Then A Month

Internet = "A Milli is garbage, the beat is terrible......."

Result = A Milli Hits #1 On Billboard

Internet = "Hip Hop Is Dead......."

Result = Rick Ross 2 Gold Albums, Plies 2 Gold Albums, Lil' Wayne Sells 1 Million 1st Week, T.I. Platinum, Jeezy & Game Both Gold, Kanye Sells 1 Million 1st Week While 50 Cent Sells 650k Same Week.......

I could go on forever but it's all a matter of opinion & taste.......

One of the few instances where online actually reflects offline is the worlds perception of Yung Berg, lol.......

So true.. It's like all the hip-hop internet forums are flooded with people who are completely against all mainstream.. Kind of reminds me of the "emo" kids at my school who would rip on anything that was too mainstream just to be different..

Last edited:
I've said it before and I'll say it again---Hip-hop as you knew it has changed. The quality of Hip-hop has remained the same---but the overall approach is different. Hip-hop is still the number one genre of music in the world. Why? Because it's the only genre that can drastically change and retain it's core characteristics. No other form of music can do this.

This talk of "Music is slowly dying" has been said many times over. When Disco came in---when Hip-hop came in---when Hair Metal came in---etc etc etc. The previous generation is too stuck in it's box to except anything other than what they've heard in the past. Seriously think about that.

Ali'i said:
So true.. It's like all the hip-hop internet forums are flooded with people who are completely against all mainstream.. Kind of reminds me of the "emo" kids at my school who would rip on anything that was too mainstream just to be different..

Man no kidding. I get the feeling 98% of the niggas hating people like Wayne & Ross are doing it only to attract attention and look "different".

bigakizzle said:
Felt this way for a while. "But I'm a big dreamer, so I'mma come up with somethin'."

Ali'i said:
Damn, I must be missing something then..

"Hip Hop is dead, ... full of **** ... not as great as it used to be.." Alright maybe the business side of it may be full of ****, but musically...?

Never understand why people say this.

I say this because most shyt ain't as hot as people make it seem...

kinda like everybody thinking that the MILD hotsauce is BLAZIN' hot...

Robo Beat said:
i think that the wrong types of artists are getting too much play

THAT MAKES TWO OF US...

obviously some of the cats in this thread "got it all figured out"...as always...

Last edited:
[F_or_DEAF] said:
I say this because most shyt ain't as hot as people make it seem...

kinda like everybody thinking that the MILD hotsauce is BLAZIN' hot...

THAT MAKES TWO OF US...

obviously some of the cats in this thread "got it all figured out"...as always...

That's a horrible analogy.. Hot sauce is hot because you can actually feel the difference between hot and mild.. Wether radio music is hotter than underground is an opinion.. So people gotta stop saying that the radio is killing it.

Ali'i said:
That's a horrible analogy.. Hot sauce is hot because you can actually feel the difference between hot and mild.. Wether radio music is hotter than underground is an opinion.. So people gotta stop saying that the radio is killing it.

287n2b8.jpg

Back