Anybody bought Mike Kalombo's drum kit?

naw but i had picked up that free "industry drums" kit..and the quality sounds than any other kit i got. easy to mix into a project without time cosuming tweaking..

Funny you mention this.

I was out at my friends studio last weekend and was messing on his MPC.

The sounds he was using were nice - i asked him where he got them and he said they were mike kalombos sound kit.

So yeah - go for it they sound awesome and it is $30 well spent if your next track makes it big!

Why wouldn't he put up some audio that had the drum kits in a beat? Are we supposed to simply take his word that it's a great kit? I don't understand how in this day of the internet, anyone could push a product like this without providing some type of demo to back it up.

Why wouldn't he put up some audio that had the drum kits in a beat? Are we supposed to simply take his word that it's a great kit? I don't understand how in this day of the internet, anyone could push a product like this without providing some type of demo to back it up.

Supposedly he uses those sounds in his beats which you can hear on youtube.

This is exactly what Im talking about. People don't know what type of sound is it. Is it electronic? Boom Bap? Electro? Why would you think that the consumer's confusion would lead them to make a purchase?

wtf is mike kalombo?

I'm interested though now after the good reviews here. I'm always looking for new drums. What style are they? Can someone who has them post a few one-shots?

Back