This 90's R&B group are the founders of modern trap

mister22shotzz

This is where I know you'll feel me if you wasn't after the first song. This is more of a future type, 808 mafia ish.

There is actually more songs with this trap shh in it like feening and what about us. He should have been a rap producer though.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I was listening to Jodeci earlier and I noticed that their beats are really dope... Lol no they actually are. They kinda sound like migos, future, young thug type beats. if the 808's were a a bit more modern I think they'd be better than zay, metro, honorable c note.. not sure about London though. I personally feel like this is the closest to what we have in trap today.

Just listen man

the drop is at 0:18. listen... minimalist percs - like zay, with a bass arranged in a way to give it that migos kinda bounce. can you hear the subtle synth panning lol and the damn piano progressions.. I'll let you guys tell it

So anyway's I was interested in them all of a sudden and started searching for stuff. Found out their main producer Was Devante Swing. The first beat was made by his younger brother Dalvin, also in the group.

Last edited by a moderator:
All I can do here is SMH, I'm smh at you kid....... This 90's R&B Group??? and you tied them to Modern trap music??? Some guy named Devante Swing...... and his younger brother.

lol, but yeah that's the Jodeci sound, and they're legends, you should check out the rest of their catalog.

It all branched off from bass music........ I was there.......my favorite genre..........I was a weirdo....nobody else like some of the shit I liked...I was a Basshead. Bassheads wanted to reach niggas who weren't bassheads but love bass........there you have it. Asked any of the earlier DJ Paul and Juicy J or even Shawty Redd young ass........he will name you Techmaster PEB, DJ Magic Mike, DJ Fury, and on and on.

But yall don't want to call it what the fuuck it really is.............which is BASS music. The shit is going to keep evolving and you are going to call some softy ass music "trap music"......because it got 808s in it.....

Back in the days when you wouldn't get a ticket for knocking over shit in somebody's house because you got speakers everywhere. Shit has always been a culture.

Last edited:
Back