808's Please die

EQ THEM SHITS LOL.
I got one tr- 808 kit.
I had it for like 10 years.

wait, i think i said that already... maybee.. :/ maybee not.
I layer them alot too. 808s dye is crazy man that shit aint goin no where.

CTFUUUUUUUU!!!

push play and GET MAD!

---------- Post added at 08:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 PM ----------

so the tracks rice been posing from TI album have been proving me wrong, i had low hopes for that shit but the shit is KNOCKIN!

they been there a long time... maybe not as in your face but hip hop has been using them for a while + other genres.. not bad once in a while... too much of it, overkill...

Not Like Me by Alex Gray - myFlashStore.net

i use 808s in the way that you hate all the time but also there is a use thats not what your hating on. Like everyone said turn off the radio, listen to your ipod full of whatever or be quiet.

To me it seems like your just hating on the fact that such a simple drum can bring people so much success and cause people to go so crazy.

808s aint dead, and they aint dyin. Even metal bands have used 808 type "bass drops" right before breakdowns. So you cant escape the wrath

so the tracks rice been posing from TI album have been proving me wrong, i had low hopes for that shit but the shit is KNOCKIN!

Best album I've heard in a looooooooooooooooooooooong time. It's like everything else is all experimental and shit. I hate wack ass experimental albums people hype up because it's different. But that and 2Chainz album is all I listen to that's new. Fuuck all that other shit.....sound like they trying too hard and shit.

^^^I agree that new T.I. album go hard, but the low end is kinda muddy on that joint. Bleeds in bad too. Alot of these joints aren't gonna have enough clarity in the low end to keep up with other songs in a club setting. The lows coulda been cleaned up so easily. Sounds like they were boosted at the wrong freq and too much during mastering, because all the tracks sound like that. The ones that sound more 'single ready"(joints with Andre, Pink, Akon) sound like they were good to go and got crushed as well. Waka's new joint sounded similar, but waka's wasn't boosted ENOUGH, still muddy. You can hear a difference playing T.I.'s Trap Music behind it. Mind you, I'm on loudspeakers, PAs, and Subs, but this what a club sound like, lol. You should wanna know that shyt hits right.

Compare it so something like Black Eyed Peas, 2 Chainz, or Future, even Rihanna's new album.

Last edited:
@deranged man the clipping/crushing Im hearing in this 'industry' music lately has been BLOWING my mind....its like god damn...you dont hear that? lmfao

why the hell would you want a world without 808's?!

this is the 133,000th thread on this subject. 808's were around since the 80's you getting rid of 808s would be like trying to get rid of boom-bap rhythms.

You guys that make these threads act like radio and television are the only ways to listen to music. There are plenty of artists who don't use 808's and pitched snares in their music. Stop being lazy and find them.

Please end this this thread.

i agree.
if you dont like 808 bass music stop listening to trap and hip hop or get out there and FIND what you DO like and listen to THAT.
making a whingy post about hating a kick drum that the majority or producers/listeners love, seems a little silly. no ones gonna stop using it cos its a fantastic and diverse instrument, regardless of what you think of it. youre only bored of it cos people arent utilizing it to its full potential. layer an 808 under a dance chorus and it gives extra punch to the bassline, or layered under ANY kick makes the other kick sound incerdible. honestly, what a silly post. how about you stop breathing oxygen and stitch to hydrogen? why dont you stop eating food and eat x-rays instead? ill tell you why, because its just plain silly and no one wants to haha :) im not hating, i just wish others wouldnt hate simply because of their own preferences.

actually its been around way way way longer than 06 bruh get ya google game up, and if you hate it so much create your own style and get big off it

this is the 133,000th thread on this subject. 808's were around since the 80's you getting rid of 808s would be like trying to get rid of boom-bap rhythms.

You guys that make these threads act like radio and television are the only ways to listen to music. There are plenty of artists who don't use 808's and pitched snares in their music. Stop being lazy and find them.
Please end this this thread.

I was thinking the same thing man. People make post like they're some out of the box person who will enlighten the world without knowing with they're talking about. Do your research and come correct. Oh, and it is hard as hell to not make a boom- bap beat too lol.

Back