808's Please die

JustChadMichael

The Scientist!
The rap game been over saturated with Pitched snares and 808's basses since 06, PLEASE LET IT DIE, WE ARE IN A NEW AGE B, LET IT GO ALREADY WTF!!!!!

That is all.

...*Puts up flame shield*..

Last edited:
they sound so cool though.
aint no way they goin anywhere.
what do you want to replace them??

this is the 133,000th thread on this subject. 808's were around since the 80's you getting rid of 808s would be like trying to get rid of boom-bap rhythms.

You guys that make these threads act like radio and television are the only ways to listen to music. There are plenty of artists who don't use 808's and pitched snares in their music. Stop being lazy and find them.

Please end this this thread.

they sound so cool though.
aint no way they goin anywhere.
what do you want to replace them??

But its everywhere, where is the variety in the drums? every song sounds the same, like what was yall bumpin to before they even became relevant again? oh, ok.

---------- Post added at 10:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 PM ----------

this is the 133,000th thread on this subject. 808's were around since the 80's you getting rid of 808s would be like trying to get rid of boom-bap rhythms.

You guys that make these threads act like radio and television are the only ways to listen to music. There are plenty of artists who don't use 808's and pitched snares in their music. Stop being lazy and find them.

Please end this this thread.

Man the fact that its practically SHOVED in my face daily is enough to hate it, and its not even so much as the drums per se , the whole Trap ish is gettin lame as well too because Producers emulate a style thats most likely not even befitting to them, theyre just tryna fit in, hence the over saturation

try switching things up and listening to a different genre of music and break it down from a producers perspective. there is seriously too much music out there which doesn't use 808s for this to even be a real issue.

try switching things up and listening to a different genre of music and break it down from a producers perspective. there is seriously too much music out there which doesn't use 808s for this to even be a real issue.

Trust me I do, but parties are not LOL

I still got my original 808 kit from like 10 years ago, same kit- still use it every day!
I incorporate them into my mix all the time and i dont see the big deal, 808s dont have to be used for trap musik, I know there must be some elements from the 808s that you could find usefull.

There is an on and off switch on everything. . . how is it shoved in your face again???

You have a one-sided argument. . .

What kind of music do you suggest that we use to make it better?

Last edited:
While I can agree the sound can be better utilized, you have to be deaf not to realize how the dynamic range of low end in hip hop has been influenced by 808s. I think people's argument is with the current tempos and arrangements more than with the drumset.

Songs like 'Mamacita" by Outkast or "Glaciers of Ice" by Raekwon(both way before 2006 BTW)display that 808s are utilized for more than just the current sound of hip hop and you have to be disconnected from "real hip hop' to think it wasn't a foundation to the sound.

Afrikka Bambatta you smart-dumb muthaf**kas.

I can't believe there's another thread like this. I mean some people don't know their history or that the 808 are from a time (80's) when several genre's embraced drum machines. 808s are classsic and classic sounds should be respected (not saying every wantabe can make it sound good).

808s will not be dieing anytime soon therefore i suggest you turn off your radio and tv and stop going to clubs and download a bunch of music you like without 808s and keep them on repeat for the rest of your life and when you go out use your ipod so you don't hear people playing any music with 808s in it this should solve your problem sir

Last edited:
Damn man.................don't be so cold blooded.

Free post....

I'm the 13' Rick James biitch!!

AKA Epic Sax Man.....fuuck the bass...I'm getting me a saxophone.

Last edited:
DrDreBP.jpg

808's are too beast

How would I have gotten the low end to sound like that without 808s!?

Back