50 Cent has an album coming, Do we want it or not, SPEAK UP, OPINIONS WANTED!!!!!!

Never cared for 50........couple songs in his career was iight. Just me though....never drunk the kool aid.

yea I was never real big on 50 either, but he is under pressure to make somethin great. Just gotta wait and see

I think his time is up, unless he starts to hustle again. That would mean hopping on remixes of other people's tracks and building a buzz again. I don't see that happening though.

Never even thought of that, if he made an album with someone it might do better then depending on his own talent. Seems like the general public isn't too excited about his upcoming album. A top tier producer is a must at this point.

Yea I agree, maybe if he did some mix tapes and some features he could get some momentum going. It seems like he feels people will just go out and buy it because of his name. Don't see that workin out too well for him.

Not interested. 50 is a businessman who likes to rap part time. I don't think his passion for making music as strong as making money. 50's a hustler!

Unfortunately 50's surrounded by yes men who cant tell him the truth about his records. Hot producers are keeping their best tracks for relevant artist. You cant buy fire anymore. He's in a bad position. Unless he finds some upcoming genius producers, he's ****ed. Hint: I'm not talking about beats only ;)

You have a good point, I didn't think of that. He is surrounded by these people that will never challenge him in anything he do. I also can't see a producer putting 100 percent on him since he's been away from music for so long and seems out of touch with what's going on now. Based off the single "50 shots" he needs some fresh ideas and new stuff the whole time I just felt like I heard this back in 2010. Not looking good for him musically

Last edited:
I just listened to the single myself (50 shots) What I get from it is that if you aren't a 50 fan its not going to change your mind. I've always been neutral on his music, it just don't seem as current as the other stuff that's out now. If the whole album is like this then it might be over for him musically. He still has acting tho, maybe he can make a lane in that.

You're right, music doesn't seem to be his main focus. Maybe we should compare him to similar artist that does multiple things (like Common for example) instead of comparing him to people that only rap. He did say he was going to get rich from the very beginning, never mentioned being a top rapper.

I hope so too, I hate to see someone build up so much and then fall off. But on the other hand he has acting and some fitness products out there, I don't see him disappearing from the public completely. May be his last stretch in music though. Time will tell

I was in contact with SMS Audio and pitched a co-brand/tie in with SMS and my transmedia company, PROJECT MONARK. We had back and forth emails with a company rep and things were forwarded to the marketing department. A week after I get the email telling me this I see he's filing for bankruptcy and the event I wanted to co-brand with them at came and went. It's cool because now I'm in the ear (no pun intended) of another earphone company that's using tech in an innovative way so everything happens for a reason.

As for this being his last stretch? I honestly think if he were to use our method he could make something really happen. Here it is I have a sonic theater album that is a complete story from start to finish. We have the comic book, GOD'S CALAMITY: A HOUSE DIVIDED which will release at the end of Sept/early Oct and we have GOD'S CALAMITY: THE BEGGAR'S BULLET which debut at STOCKTONCON which had an attendance of 14,400 people. So why is all of this important or really interesting, new, etc? The story line of the album changes based on your playlist and choices you've made. We have IMPs which stands for INTERACTIVE MUSIC PLAYLIST and this is the new business model I spoke of in the past. But it doesn't end there. When album number 2 is released it's going to check your playlist and then tailor the story accordingly so your version of the album may be totally different from your friends version.

Now think about it. If he were to use tech like we're doing, and tie in the visuals (it's not like he doesn't have a budget) then he could be in a blue ocean (blue ocean is a business term.) However, we've filed the patent paperwork so it may be a bit hard to do it without our help. :)

So yeah, that's my take. But how has everyone been?

HERESY

God's Calamity

Last edited:
Thats some pretty amazing tech you're talking about, I do wish I had the mental capacity to fully visualize what it does. If you think about it the fact that he is filing bankrupycy my guess is that he missed a few opportunities to help himself in the business world. While I think he has the ability to bounce back in the business life, I don't know if he can bounce back in hip hop. Not without help from other people in hip hop. Good luck with your earphone tech, I hope to see it in the future, sounds interesting.

He's based in ATL working on it and is working with a bunch of trap producers. I don't wanna hear 50 on trap beats...give me grimey, New York 50 or nothing.

Thats some pretty amazing tech you're talking about, I do wish I had the mental capacity to fully visualize what it does. If you think about it the fact that he is filing bankrupycy my guess is that he missed a few opportunities to help himself in the business world. While I think he has the ability to bounce back in the business life, I don't know if he can bounce back in hip hop. Not without help from other people in hip hop. Good luck with your earphone tech, I hope to see it in the future, sounds interesting.

Thanks for the kind words and support. It's easy to grasp your head around what we're doing but it's complicated when you sit down and actually try to do it. Think about Bioware's Mass Effect or TellTale's The Walking Dead and you should have an idea. The choices you make in those games will determine the story. You and your friend can have two different stories depending on what choices you've made. For God's Calamity it's the same thing but we're also extending it so it could also be based on how many times you played a particular song or if you have a certain artists song on your playlist, but the core of the experience is listening to it and interchanging songs via IMPs which is INTERACTIVE MUSIC PLAYLIST or INTERACTIVE MUSIC PLAYLIST SONGS and sharing the experience with others. So it's not earphone tech, I was looking to co brand with them but everything happens for a reason and I'm happy with who I'm speaking with now.

As for 50, the man is NOT broke and the filing he did was simply to protect himself. I don't know if his issues did play a role in getting back with us or not. It may have it may not have, it's all good. Like I said many posts ago, he's the only artist I really wanted to work with anyway so who knows what the future holds. All I know is we're pushing innovation and we're making our own markets.

And I'll keep you posted on everything we're doing. The next event we'll be at is CAMPBELLCON. Just google it and you'll see PROJECT MONARK in the exhibitors section.

He's based in ATL working on it and is working with a bunch of trap producers. I don't wanna hear 50 on trap beats...give me grimey, New York 50 or nothing.
I get what you're sayin but after hearing some of his current stuff I'm up for him trying anything different.

Back