"5 beats a day for 3 summers" Really? Kanye?

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you have good a imagination and creativity, and know your equipment inside and out, 5 beats a day for 3 summers is not a stretch.

Puppet said:
Do you have any idea how hard this is to do.

Seeing as how kanye is a sample head, it wouldn't really take as much time as a composed beat would. So on average, a sampling producer would probably take about 2 hours to completely finish a beat.

But he needs to go crate digging as well. Plus eat lunch and dinner and breakfast.

24 hours a day, lets put aside 8 hours for sleeping. He now has 16 hours of available time to put towards his 5 beats a day. But lunch dinner and breakfast plus sh!tting, pissing and showering should take about 3 hours away.

so that's 13 hours.

Crate digging must take idunno... maybe an hour?

so if he does 5 beats a day, that's 5 crate digs he has to make. Subtract another 5 hours and he has 8 left.

2 hours per beat, equals 10 hours. He is 2 hours short.

If kanye is telling the truth, where do you think he allocates his 2 hours in order to make this work?

Im guessing he only sleeps for 5 hours.

Just enjoy the music...really dumb thread.

"That's A Different World Like Cree Summers, I Deserve To Do These Numbers."

Classic Kanye.

*Goes & Listens To College Dropout"

eazypeezy said:
if you have good a imagination and creativity, and know your equipment inside and out, 5 beats a day for 3 summers is not a stretch.
I agree 100%. The difference between Kanye and kids today...Kanye learned his gear inside and out instead of having a bedroom full of gear and only using it 5% of the time. OP should get off the net and maybe he can make 5 beats a day for 3 summers.
I'm surprised he didn't asked," when did Kanye find time to shower". :D

Xabiton said:
There is so much that's just off about this thread lol. 1st I wouldn't say either a keyboard beat nor a sampled beat takes longer than eachother. I can piss out a good keyboard beat in 15 minutes without tracking or mixng ect. Depending on the sample it can take the same amount of time for a sampled track and who spends 2 hrs on a beat. The workflow on the asr 10 is too incredible for that. Lastly he doesn't dig deep for samples. He flips well known soul samples typically and that don't take much time. Basically its possbile to do 5 beats a day in a few hours if you know how to.
Agreed.

maybe Kanye just goes harder and wants success more than yall do...Did that ever cross your mind? Maybe he is more determined than you, maybe he doesnt place such a heavy weight on things like 8 hours of sleep and how many tracks the next nigga made, or how dope his setup looks or how many VSTS he has on the computer. Maybe the dude just goes harder on his tracks than yall do. Thats more reasonable to me....

Focused said:
maybe Kanye just goes harder and wants success more than yall do...Did that ever cross your mind? Maybe he is more determined than you, maybe he doesnt place such a heavy weight on things like 8 hours of sleep and how many tracks the next nigga made, or how dope his setup looks or how many VSTS he has on the computer. Maybe the dude just goes harder on his tracks than yall do. Thats more reasonable to me....

ok maybe if we were talking about the "late registration cd" but currently, I find him actually digressing in his new hip hop endeavors. I'm not trying to take away his shine but in my opinion its fading.

Focused said:

well put

Focused said:

sounds correct. niggas mad cuz it takes them a whole week to make 5 beats..lol.

That line could have, just been a line used to make himself larger than life on record. But lets just say he was being real.

“Seeing as how kanye is a sample head, it wouldn't really take as much time as a composed beat would”

That really doesn’t matter, you know damn well, some people smack together sounds in 5 minutes and call it a day, sample based or not.

The thing about digging is, some people do it every day, some once a week, or even once a month. When some people dig, they buy one or two records, some buy five to ten, others buy the whole store out. Some people just go to their spot and cop any record(s) and some spend their whole day in their spot, looking for the right record.

he could have made the five beats a day, that doesn’t mean they where good, used, or the final version .

Five fully mixed and produced beats per day is not a challenge if you are just learning and pushing forward. Getting five good, mixed and produced songs is an another story. Max Martin (britney, backstreet boys etc.) said it takes him a month to finish full song.

Ppffftt, that is bs. Regardless of how focused you are on a project. There is no way you can do that many beats properly without your ears being fried.

MicH89 said:
Five fully mixed and produced beats per day is not a challenge if you are just learning and pushing forward. Getting five good, mixed and produced songs is an another story. Max Martin (britney, backstreet boys etc.) said it takes him a month to finish full song.

Damn, I never thought of spending a whole months on one of my songs. I wonder what would happen...

A lot of yall are scared to admit that someone is actually better than you at making music...wow

deanlofts said:
Ppffftt, that is bs. Regardless of how focused you are on a project. There is no way you can do that many beats properly without your ears being fried.
Thats what i thought... Kanye is a beast though, whatever he was doing it got him what he's got now. 5 or 3 beats a day is inpressive based on his catalog.

I dunno how literal he was but I got the point of that line,as anyone who's grindin for there spot will feel that..classic song (4 me,I can relate)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back