"5 beats a day for 3 summers" Really? Kanye?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puppet

Do you have any idea how hard this is to do.

Seeing as how kanye is a sample head, it wouldn't really take as much time as a composed beat would. So on average, a sampling producer would probably take about 2 hours to completely finish a beat.

But he needs to go crate digging as well. Plus eat lunch and dinner and breakfast.

24 hours a day, lets put aside 8 hours for sleeping. He now has 16 hours of available time to put towards his 5 beats a day. But lunch dinner and breakfast plus sh!tting, pissing and showering should take about 3 hours away.

so that's 13 hours.

Crate digging must take idunno... maybe an hour?

so if he does 5 beats a day, that's 5 crate digs he has to make. Subtract another 5 hours and he has 8 left.

2 hours per beat, equals 10 hours. He is 2 hours short.

If kanye is telling the truth, where do you think he allocates his 2 hours in order to make this work?

Im guessing he only sleeps for 5 hours.

Last edited:
maybe he's talkin bout ideas for beats. if thats they case i can knock out about 8 on a good day. ill never finish any of those though lol. wheres the source for this?

DJ_ARCH said:
maybe he's talkin bout ideas for beats. if thats they case i can knock out about 8 on a good day. ill never finish any of those though lol. wheres the source for this?

Kanye West - "Spaceship"

I think kanye is a lying piece of sh!t. Or maybe he really had no social life at all at that time.

Imagine, that's like waking up, having breakfast, making a beat, have lunch, make another beat, take a ****, make another beat, have dinner, make another beat, shower, make another beat.

honestly what the ****

Last edited:
Puppet said:
I think kanye is a lying piece of sh!t. Or maybe he really had no social life at all at that time.

Imagine, that's like waking up, having breakfast, making a beat, have lunch, make another beat, take a ****, make another beat, have dinner, make another beat, shower, make another beat.

honestly what the ****
some people do that for a living

it doesnt take 2 hours for making a sampled beat
it would probably take him 15-30 minutes

not hard 2 believe

Puppet said:
But lunch dinner and breakfast plus sh!tting, pissing and showering should take about 3 hours away.

I seriously have been in the zone enough at times to forego all of the above lol

Yea a couple weeks ago i made 5 beats in a day... Now 3 were whack but 2 were pretty legit. I think 5 EVERY day is crazy but possible. I was able to eat shower and **** even on that day lol.... If he is lyin about it i cant hate, he makes better beats and more money than me and that line motivates me like crazy to stay in the lab... Kanyes an influence for sure!

Puppet said:

honestly what the ****

smh, whats wrong wit these new cats man.. you know it really isnt all that absurd to make 5 beats a day..

look at all the songs kanye has sampled.. it aint like you have to DIG for those songs.. also you do realize that he was working under/with D-Dot so how do you know he wasnt talking about 5 beats to send to D-Dot to finish up and get to the artist???

stop being a baby

There is so much that's just off about this thread lol. 1st I wouldn't say either a keyboard beat nor a sampled beat takes longer than eachother. I can piss out a good keyboard beat in 15 minutes without tracking or mixng ect. Depending on the sample it can take the same amount of time for a sampled track and who spends 2 hrs on a beat. The workflow on the asr 10 is too incredible for that. Lastly he doesn't dig deep for samples. He flips well known soul samples typically and that don't take much time. Basically its possbile to do 5 beats a day in a few hours if you know how to.

Who gives a phuck if he made 90 beats a day? What is happening to hip hop? you never heard this shyt back in the day how many beats can you make a day? get the phuck out of here thats the stupidest question ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back