2Pac "All Eyez On Me" vs NaS "Street Dreams"--who did it better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jadillac1181

2Pac "All Eyez On Me" vs NaS "Street Dreams"--who did it better?

We all know both songs had the same beat, who do y'all think did it justice?

I gotta say it's almost 50/50, Nas' story telling on the track, and the Las Vegas themed video was hot.

And Pac's version was basically like a bragadocious documentary of his life and his immediate life post-prison.

If I gotta choose, I'll go with Pac's version just b/c his swagger made his version better.

By the way, I cant remember this same beat thing happening since that Ja Rule/Smilez & Southstar thing several years ago.

2pac 100%. His was the original, and title track to the greatest rap album of all time (imo). Nas stole his beat. Nas is one of my favorite rappers today, but anyone who listened to rap at the time knows Nas was cool, but not on 2pac's level.

I dont know what ja rule song your talking about, but rappers using other rappers beats was actually really commom around that time, esp. for dis tracks. The best example that comes to mind, speaking of 2pac, was Biggies 'Take Money' and 2pac's 'Hit em up'. Both used the same sample, but arranged a little different. I think 2pacs version was actually replayed by Johnny "j", where Big's used the actual sample. Off topic, but I've been thinking how just about every song Big made was a sample loop, and a large part of the sample at that. Whereas 2pac used a lot of original music, and when he did have a sample it was a small part and chopped/flipped. I think that is a big factor in why many ppl think Pac was better. You never know how good Big would've sounded if not backed by some of the greatest R&B music ever made.

Last edited by a moderator:
smh at this thread not getting more views. If I said who was a "better" rapper: Soulja Boy vs Yung Berg.

It would already have 15 replies by now.

Ill go wit Pac on this one too...his voice and confidence made the track even hotter. I mean just the hook alone. Nas voice is not as commanding IMO.

2Pac...now if u talkin' Nas' street dreams remix w/ R. Kelly, then i would say Nas...i still listen 2 this song once a week....

Last edited:
You know alot of "It was written" steals beats "all eyes on me" i e skandelous and the message

Also 2pac "toss It up" and Blackstreet "No Diggity" had a similar beat. Also "I Aint Mad Atcha" and "Don't Leave" sounded pretty similar too.

Tupac Amaru Shakur (2Pac), [FONT=&quot][/FONT]hands down, without question, this is not even a discussion in my opinion, and I like NAS, but we are talking about PAC here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back